Cabinet removed in 2017 style 21' - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2016, 01:15 PM   #21

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I know and that table is stunning! I've been wondering if it would be doable for us. You'll have to let everyone know how it is when you start to use it and if it works as well as it looks like it would while using the u-shaped dinette as a lounge (which is what we're gonna do).

Did you ever post how much it cost ya?

I don't remember the 4 drawers though. Please remind me with a link to the thread that shows it. Too many threads for me to remember where you posted the photos. thanks
Laura, I just posted some extra pictures on the it's Friday. The round table was for no extra charge
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:44 PM   #22

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You really are not losing storage, you have the same amount except now it is only accessible via one entry vs two.
The space above the height of the top of the large cabinet door is essentially useless, and so is effectively lost. If you happen to have a bunch of tall narrow things which could stand on a high shelf and stick up into that space, and you don't mind taking all of them out to get at the ones in the back, then maybe it's still of some value.

Personally, the original top cabinet looked like a perfect place for cutting boards and similar stuff that is awkward to put anywhere else. Someone too short to use it can't use it is any more effectively with fewer doors... and that's what stools are for.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:56 PM   #23

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Well, and that's assuming you can access that upper area via the microwave cabinet. I'm assuming you can't and the size of the cabinet is the same. Unless they don't put a "ceiling" on that particular cabinet. Won't really know until someone gets one like that and lets us know. Such as the person that trailer belongs to!

We'll have to watch the It's Friday thread to see if it (or another one like it) pops up.

Krista said the wardrobe is a bit bigger, but not enough to recoup the space lost by that missing cabinet. And if that space is accessible via the microwave cabinet - yeah, it'll be rather a pain to use that space with taller items in there and having to move stuff around to get it out. Much better to shove it in that upper cabinet, me thinks.

Still waiting to hear if I can get the old style instead.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:43 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
I got this email today and just chuckled. Moving from our 17 into a 21, we're going to have so much more storage space, I cannot imagine what we're going to fill all the cabinets with as it is. More stuff = more weight.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:07 PM   #25

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
I got this email today and just chuckled. Moving from our 17 into a 21, we're going to have so much more storage space, I cannot imagine what we're going to fill all the cabinets with as it is. More stuff = more weight.
When I stand in my 19' and look at all of the storage space, I too think that there is more room than I could ever possibly fill. But alas, when I travel with my wife and teenage daughter, the myth of too much space is dispelled, and I have to deal with the reality of loose items constantly sitting on every open space in the trailer.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:10 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
When I stand in my 19' and look at all of the storage space, I too think that there is more room than I could ever possibly fill. But alas, when I travel with my wife and teenage daughter, the myth of too much space is dispelled, and I have to deal with the reality of loose items constantly sitting on every open space in the trailer.
LOL I would imagine a teenager could fill EVERY space with no problem.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:52 AM   #27

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Well, pooey, shoot, rats, gosh darn it and all that.

Just got an email back from Krista:

"Unfortunately, we will not put the old cabinets in the trailers. I do apologize for the inconvenience. The wardrobe was moved up to be level with the top of the fridge. It really does look better in person. I know pictures usually do not do things justice. The wardrobe door is the same size, but taller inside."
Old 08-29-2016, 12:07 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
The wardrobe was moved up to be level with the top of the fridge.
Now I'm really confused. The wardrobe - not the microwave cabinet - is level with the top of the fridge? I assume that she used the wrong word but you never know.

Oh, I guess it's time for new 21' pictures on the Escape site. Now the interior pictures are as wrong as the exterior ones.
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:14 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
If you look at the picture in post#1, both the wardrobe and cabinet above (for optional microwave) have been raised and centered in the space available and she should have said the microwave cabinet on top of the wardrobe vs just the wardrobe.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:36 PM   #30

I was being facetious about the message from Escape. The pictures are about the only thing we can take for granted and they are subject to change.

This is the first time I have purchased anything sight unseen. It's kinda unnerving.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:44 PM   #31
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
This is the first time I have purchased anything sight unseen. It's kinda unnerving.
At least you have pictures to look at. Some of us purchased a brand new model based on a Photoshop picture and the interior layout drawn on a cocktail napkin
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:14 PM   #32

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Sort of like being in the delivery room, full of surprises.....
Old 08-29-2016, 02:13 PM   #33

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Could wait a couple years to order a trailer.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:29 PM   #34

Quote:
Oh, I guess it's time for new 21' pictures on the Escape site. Now the interior pictures are as wrong as the exterior ones.
They'll have to change some of the interior photos, since the cabinets by the frig have now changed. Plus, the way the door opens on the cabinet under the frig is now different.

But, at least we can see what those cubbies look like in place.

(BTW, they're putting in the cubbies as it's more time efficient for them to do that instead of finishing the wall without them. I'm still bummed about those cubbies now being standard.)

And yeah, the exterior are definitely incorrect!

I'm wondering how many people see those photos and think that's exactly what they're going to be getting, without knowing about the changes. It would take a lot of work to find all that info on this forum. I wonder how many are disappointed due to older photos that could easily (and should) be replaced.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:32 PM   #35

Quote:
I imagine it would be. Were you able to see any size Escape trailer in person? Anyone in your neck of the woods with one? I feel very fortunate that I'm able to zip up there quite easily to check things out.

Are you driving up to get yours or having it delivered?

I guess you can kind of think of it as a blind date that will work out. Dirk was a blind date for me and we're still together after almost 30 years. So, some blind dates do work out!
Old 08-29-2016, 02:50 PM   #36

Quote:
I imagine it would be. Were you able to see any size Escape trailer in person? Anyone in your neck of the woods with one? I feel very fortunate that I'm able to zip up there quite easily to check things out.

Are you driving up to get yours or having it delivered?

I guess you can kind of think of it as a blind date that will work out. Dirk was a blind date for me and we're still together after almost 30 years. So, some blind dates do work out!
I went to that last Bluebonnet Casita rally and had the opportunity to see three 21' classics. Next month I am going to the Javelina rally and Marv will be there with his new 21' so I will be able to walk through a "2017" model.

I will be driving up from Texas to pick up the trailer. Hopefully I can get an earlier pickup date than Jan. as that is a rough month for an old boy that doesn't do snow and ice.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:01 PM   #37
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Well, pooey, shoot, rats, gosh darn it and all that.

Just got an email back from Krista:

"Unfortunately, we will not put the old cabinets in the trailers. I do apologize for the inconvenience. The wardrobe was moved up to be level with the top of the fridge. It really does look better in person. I know pictures usually do not do things justice. The wardrobe door is the same size, but taller inside."
That added upper space where the cabinet was might be a great place to build a drop-down drawer (like under upper kitchen cabinet spice holders) for discreet storage. Provided they didn't raise the closet rod too high - but that could always be moved.
Attached Images

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 07:04 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
That added upper space where the cabinet was might be a great place to build a drop-down drawer (like under upper kitchen cabinet spice holders) for discreet storage. Provided they didn't raise the closet rod too high - but that could always be moved.
Oh, good idea Charlie, thanks. We're not getting the clothes rod, so that won't be an issue.

Hum, something else to add to your business line?
Old 08-29-2016, 07:34 PM   #39
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Oh, good idea Charlie, thanks. We're not getting the clothes rod, so that won't be an issue.

Hum, something else to add to your business line?
Not something I would market, but there are some who might like to add a safe up there for security reasons.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:30 PM   #40

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
A fella I know married his blind date, she recently asked for an amicable divorce after 25 years. She got enough to buy 10 21 foot Escapes and a worn out Subaru in the settlement. He bought her a 7000 dollar
stove but she still couldn't cook. A good woman and a good cigar are still hard to find.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote