Cabinet removed in 2017 style 21' - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2016, 01:15 PM   #21

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I know and that table is stunning! I've been wondering if it would be doable for us. You'll have to let everyone know how it is when you start to use it and if it works as well as it looks like it would while using the u-shaped dinette as a lounge (which is what we're gonna do).

Did you ever post how much it cost ya?

I don't remember the 4 drawers though. Please remind me with a link to the thread that shows it. Too many threads for me to remember where you posted the photos. thanks
Laura, I just posted some extra pictures on the it's Friday. The round table was for no extra charge

Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:44 PM   #22

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You really are not losing storage, you have the same amount except now it is only accessible via one entry vs two.
The space above the height of the top of the large cabinet door is essentially useless, and so is effectively lost. If you happen to have a bunch of tall narrow things which could stand on a high shelf and stick up into that space, and you don't mind taking all of them out to get at the ones in the back, then maybe it's still of some value.

Personally, the original top cabinet looked like a perfect place for cutting boards and similar stuff that is awkward to put anywhere else. Someone too short to use it can't use it is any more effectively with fewer doors... and that's what stools are for.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:56 PM   #23

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Well, and that's assuming you can access that upper area via the microwave cabinet. I'm assuming you can't and the size of the cabinet is the same. Unless they don't put a "ceiling" on that particular cabinet. Won't really know until someone gets one like that and lets us know. Such as the person that trailer belongs to!

We'll have to watch the It's Friday thread to see if it (or another one like it) pops up.

Krista said the wardrobe is a bit bigger, but not enough to recoup the space lost by that missing cabinet. And if that space is accessible via the microwave cabinet - yeah, it'll be rather a pain to use that space with taller items in there and having to move stuff around to get it out. Much better to shove it in that upper cabinet, me thinks.

Still waiting to hear if I can get the old style instead.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:43 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 21 5/23/17 "Blue II" (previously 17B "Blue") 2016 Highlander XLE (previously 2008 Tacoma)
I got this email today and just chuckled. Moving from our 17 into a 21, we're going to have so much more storage space, I cannot imagine what we're going to fill all the cabinets with as it is. More stuff = more weight.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:07 PM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
I got this email today and just chuckled. Moving from our 17 into a 21, we're going to have so much more storage space, I cannot imagine what we're going to fill all the cabinets with as it is. More stuff = more weight.
When I stand in my 19' and look at all of the storage space, I too think that there is more room than I could ever possibly fill. But alas, when I travel with my wife and teenage daughter, the myth of too much space is dispelled, and I have to deal with the reality of loose items constantly sitting on every open space in the trailer.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
ice-breaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:10 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 21 5/23/17 "Blue II" (previously 17B "Blue") 2016 Highlander XLE (previously 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
When I stand in my 19' and look at all of the storage space, I too think that there is more room than I could ever possibly fill. But alas, when I travel with my wife and teenage daughter, the myth of too much space is dispelled, and I have to deal with the reality of loose items constantly sitting on every open space in the trailer.
LOL I would imagine a teenager could fill EVERY space with no problem.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:52 AM   #27

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Well, pooey, shoot, rats, gosh darn it and all that.

Just got an email back from Krista:

"Unfortunately, we will not put the old cabinets in the trailers. I do apologize for the inconvenience. The wardrobe was moved up to be level with the top of the fridge. It really does look better in person. I know pictures usually do not do things justice. The wardrobe door is the same size, but taller inside."
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:07 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
The wardrobe was moved up to be level with the top of the fridge.
Now I'm really confused. The wardrobe - not the microwave cabinet - is level with the top of the fridge? I assume that she used the wrong word but you never know.

Oh, I guess it's time for new 21' pictures on the Escape site. Now the interior pictures are as wrong as the exterior ones.
tdf-texas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:14 PM   #29
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
If you look at the picture in post#1, both the wardrobe and cabinet above (for optional microwave) have been raised and centered in the space available and she should have said the microwave cabinet on top of the wardrobe vs just the wardrobe.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:36 PM   #30

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape
I was being facetious about the message from Escape. The pictures are about the only thing we can take for granted and they are subject to change.

This is the first time I have purchased anything sight unseen. It's kinda unnerving.

tdf-texas is online now   Reply With Quote