Calmark cover for a 21 - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2016, 08:14 PM   #41

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba55 View Post
I'd be interested in knowing how it goes with one person. Good luck!
I think you were the fellow wanted to know about the Cal Mark cover after I removed it ? Well cover has been on since Oct of last year , 9 mo . No damage to trailer at all . Still shiney with a little fine dirt . I am going to call Cal Mark and find out how I can clean cover because we haven't had much rain at all . I would like to get cover clean before I put on again . We keep cover in a plastic tub with cover for storage . We have a 19 and it is heavy and would recommend 2 people to install . We only put cover on if no camping for awhile . Had jobs around home like painting house etc. so knew we wouldn't be going anywhere for awhile . Not a rip or seam tear anywhere like cheap covers . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:16 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I think you were the fellow wanted to know about the Cal Mark cover after I removed it ? Well cover has been on since Oct of last year , 9 mo . No damage to trailer at all . Still shiney with a little fine dirt . I am going to call Cal Mark and find out how I can clean cover because we haven't had much rain at all . I would like to get cover clean before I put on again . We keep cover in a plastic tub with cover for storage . We have a 19 and it is heavy and would recommend 2 people to install . We only put cover on if no camping for awhile . Had jobs around home like painting house etc. so knew we wouldn't be going anywhere for awhile . Not a rip or seam tear anywhere like cheap covers . Pat
There is a picture of cover installed on trailer in our albums Pat
Old 07-26-2016, 08:33 PM   #43

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
Good to know the trailer is still in good condition. I think I will get one. Thanks for the follow up.
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:44 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba55 View Post
Good to know the trailer is still in good condition. I think I will get one. Thanks for the follow up.
Your Welcome .Many , many times cause I couldn't stay out of trailer . I would unzip door and leave all day . Sometimes there was winds probably the fine dirt got in then . Not sure but there is no evidence of rubbing of surface etc .anywhere of trailer . You do want to start out with a clean trailer before you ever put cover on .notice you are in desert use their ropes and straps to cinch up .mine wasn't real cinched .talk to Cal Mark with their help .Pat
Old 07-27-2016, 03:47 PM   #45

Trailer: 5.0 TA Dec 2014
I'm going to meet with CalMark in 2-weeks to get my 5.0 TA measured by their computer system. The manager told me that they have new software that is designed to optimize the panels for the best fit. The manager wants me to leave the trailer with them for the better part of the day, which we can do. I am going for the Sunbrella fabric which is costly, but based on past experience, holds up very well. I'll keep the forum posted on my experience with these folks.
CraigJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:04 AM   #46

Trailer: Escape 21
New Calmark cover for our 21' Escape

We just picked up our new Cal Mark cover. Everyone there was very nice and excited about how well it fits. As they were putting the cover on to check the fit they noticed the sharp corners on our solar panel and suggested pipe insulation to help protect the cover. Then they decided to reinforce where the sharp corners were with heavy vinyl. The cover fits perfectly! The tiedown buckle even fit between the two tires (Tandem axle). We are very happy with our new cover and Cal Mark's attention to detail.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Take_a_hike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:19 PM   #47

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
cover protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take_a_hike View Post
........... As they were putting the cover on to check the fit they noticed the sharp corners on our solar panel and suggested pipe insulation to help protect the cover. ............
Mary,
When we were there at Calmark, they suggested the same pipe insulation. We found cheap pool noodles at the 99c store that work great. They are a bigger diameter than the pipe insulation, cheaper, and a little stiffer, so they work better. We cut out a bit less than 1/4 sliced longitudinally, and they snap right on. Also added a little piece on the kitchen vent hood and a chunk clipped over the furnace vent.

You're right over Conejo grade from us, we're in Camarillo. Ventura County seems to be acquiring quite a few Escapes.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:01 PM   #48

Trailer: New skool escape 21
Has any 2017 21' foot owner purchased a calmark cover? if so does calmark save the file? so another person can reuse it?

Cheers
yxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:09 AM   #49

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
FWIIW We have a Calmark cover for our Casita, and it is very well made and great customer support.

however

I'm a middle aged 'fit' person, as is my wife, and we struggle to get the cover on, and off, working as a pair.

it is possible, but as often as we want to take it on and off, (6 transitions a year, maybe?) it is a pain.

we are going to go the sun shade compromise with our new 2017 21'.

Yes, I agree. We had a Cal-Mart cover for our Casita which was well made and easy to use once we got it on, but it was heavy and more expensive than the generic ones my husband is starting to think about. Are there any light weight ones out there that will fit well enough and can unzip for the door?
N
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote