Chairs, RV Mats, good online store? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-09-2015, 04:11 PM   #1

Trailer: 19' towed by a 4Runner
Chairs, RV Mats, good online store?

Anyone like their Zero Gravity chairs? Any chair recommendations that recline? What size RV mat are you using with a 19'? Is there a better place to to catch an online sale than CW?
GRINGOandTICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:39 PM   #2

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
love the tilting chairs i don't like the room they take up when traveling but wouldn't give mine up.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
love the tilting chairs i don't like the room they take up when traveling but wouldn't give mine up.
How much space do they take up? Where do you store them? We currently just have two soccer parent bag chairs, they are nice but would like to upgrade.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:45 PM   #4

mine folds flat but will not fit in my storage box or and storage places in the trailer. I keep it in the living space in the trailer. I like to keep as little stuff stored in the living area as possible but my chair and my outdoor mat will not fit anywhere else. I bought a very large outdoor mat - should have bought one a little smaller then it wold have fit in a hatch or storage box. My Weber grill, camp fire in a can, and small cooler go in my Highlander.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:03 PM   #5

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Got my mat here.
https://www.rvawningmats.com/
9 years fairly hard use and still going.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:03 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Love my zero gravity chair, wouldn't leave home without it. But I really wish there was an aluminum frame alternative.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:27 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Love my zero gravity chair, wouldn't leave home without it. But I really wish there was an aluminum frame alternative.

Ron
Hi: Ron in BC... Try Lafuma | Buy Lafuma Products | ShopLafuma.com I don't know if they're aluminium frames but they are the origonal Zero Grav. Chair Co. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Got my mat here.
https://www.rvawningmats.com/
9 years fairly hard use and still going.
Almost all the inventory is out of stock. What size do you use?
Old 09-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #9

I got my mat at camping world they had several sizes and many colors the plastic woven ones wear like iron and are pretty in expensive also very light and water goes right through them. You can get them lots of places lots of variety on line.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:29 PM   #10

The prices of zero gravity chairs has really gone down 60-75$ lots of competition. I got mine a Cabelas but you can get them many places. Just saw one that was only 5pds.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:49 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
We have a 6x8 mat that we use outside. We could go bigger but find that often in established campsites you are limited in how much flat space you have outside your door. Also, this way the entire mat sits nicely under the awning for rainy days. And when rolled up it fits easily in the under the bed storage accessed from the outside.

I don't remember where we picked it up, probably a Fred Meyer or Target type of store.

Kelly
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:46 PM   #12

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRINGOandTICA View Post
Almost all the inventory is out of stock. What size do you use?
6x9 Mushroom Beige, which does indeed show Out Of Stock, don't know what to make of it. Guess you'd have to call and ask, 866-697-8628. It was probably 8 or 9 years ago we got ours.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:23 PM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRINGOandTICA View Post
Anyone like their Zero Gravity chairs? Any chair recommendations that recline? What size RV mat are you using with a 19'? Is there a better place to to catch an online sale than CW?
We should buy stock in Amazon considering how many camping items we've bought from them. They have several different brands of zero gravity folding chairs in stock at prices that are hard to beat.

Amazon.com : Outsunny Zero Gravity Recliner Lounge Patio Pool Chair, Black : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Amazon.com : Best Choice Products® Zero Gravity Chairs Tan Lounge Patio Chairs Folding Outdoor Yard Beach New : Patio, Lawn & Garden

http://www.amazon.com/Caravan-Sports...+folding+chair

We also picked up our C-Gear sand free mat there (10 x 10), which we really like, although it looks like they no longer stock our size.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:15 PM   #14

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19'
I don't have experience with zero gravity chairs. I got a Helinox One chair as a gift, and bought another one for the wife at a discount. They are expensive, but very comfortable, sturdy and ultra lightweight. I can store them easily in the overhead cabinets, or pack them up in a bag for those long hikes.
Daubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:07 PM   #15

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubsy View Post
I don't have experience with zero gravity chairs. I got a Helinox One chair as a gift, and bought another one for the wife at a discount. They are expensive, but very comfortable, sturdy and ultra lightweight. I can store them easily in the overhead cabinets, or pack them up in a bag for those long hikes.
I use a Helinox chair for canoe camping, but for the Escape, I keep four folding chairs in the exterior hatch.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:22 PM   #16

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I bought a 12x7 Dometic Patty-O-Mat, though I don't remember where now. It fits perfectly under the 19 awning. It is very tough, and water goes through nicely. Not cheap at just over $100, but worth it in my books. My brother still regularly uses one I bought for a previous trailer a dozen years ago, and it still looks great.

For chairs we use Kermit chairs. They are very well built, pack into a small size, have removable leg extensions so work great as festival chairs when needed, and come along with us on canoe trips (sans feet). I can't say enough good about them.
Kermit Chair Company | The Original Touring Chair

I have a zero gravity chair, and while I find it comfortable, it would be a very rare occasion to actually bring it along. They are way to big and heavy for my liking. It is rare for me to be just sitting around lounging outside, though they are great if you like to do this, plus they don't work around a campfire very well either. Who knows, maybe in 20 years or so when I get old(er).
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote