Custom fabric, formica and floor - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2016, 04:56 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 19' 5/02/17
Custom fabric, formica and floor

I'm assuming on the build sheet prices for custom colors for floor, formica and fabric that it does not include the price of materials? Also where do I find the standard material colors for the three items if not custom. Thanks for all the help you folk provide.
bsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:12 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoke View Post
I'm assuming on the build sheet prices for custom colors for floor, formica and fabric that it does not include the price of materials? Also where do I find the standard material colors for the three items if not custom. Thanks for all the help you folk provide.
Call Escape and they'll send you a sample package of the standard items. You are correct that you supply any custom items at your cost.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:36 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Call Escape and they'll send you a sample package of the standard items. You are correct that you supply any custom items at your cost.
Except for the Formica (when ordering - 58 I think)
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:44 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Except for the Formica (when ordering - 58 I think)
This can be confusing if one doesn't know the Formica line. All 58 means is matte finish.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:57 AM   #5

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
You'll pay extra to ETI for the ability to have custom flooring, fabric and countertop. You can order the flooring through Pioneer Building Supply in Chilliwack - talk to Jackie and she'll get you taken care of. They'll hang onto your flooring until ETI is ready to pick it up for installation.

For the countertop - you don't have to pay for it, but you will have to let ETI know which one you want. It has to be a Formica brand, so don't waste your time looking and falling in love with another brand (not that I know anything about that!). You can order a glossy finish, but you'll pay an additional fee to ETI for that. Otherwise, as mentioned, order a matte finish that ends in the number 58.

You can order decent sized samples (free!) from Formica, which I strongly advise doing. Dinko samples from the store and your computer monitor aren't enough to tell you if you'd like it in your trailer.

For fabric - lots to choose from! Many will go with the Sunbrella brand. There are numerous places to buy fabric from on-line. I ended up getting mine through Patio Lane. I originally got samples from a local upholstery shop (had to pay for 'em), plus some on-line places. Had wads of samples and finally narrowed it down. We'd picked our countertop and flooring by then, so I could see how all 3 went together.

I purchased a yard of the fabric off ebay (just in case I didn't like it I didn't waste too much money) and then the remainder from the company. they honored their ebay price, which was less than on their web site, I got enough for free shipping and they had an on-line coupon I was able to use. Yay!

If you're looking into customer provided sink and faucet, you can order it yourself and take it (or ship it, depending on where you live) to ETI. We ordered our sink through Pioneer as it was less expensive than getting it ourselves and hauling it up there (I live 3 hours away). They're holding on to it until ETI needs it. The faucet I wanted wasn't available in Canada, so I ordered it and it's sitting in my attic waiting for when I haul it up there myself.

Have fun looking at all your choices and making those decisions!

Some time ago ETI put out a trailer with a different countertop than what they were using before, as a test (to which the owner agreed to). So, they're probably trying to decide on new finishes, but nothing official has been released by them. So, what you see on their web site may not be what they'll use in the 2017 trailers.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 03:33 PM   #6

Thanks. Very helpful
Old 04-29-2016, 06:40 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
FYI - When I was at the factory on April 1st, I asked Sarah if there would be new colours for the fabric, Formica and flooring. She said no and handed me the swatches of stock colours.
Hopefully as time passes, that will change as I too am not into the browns.

Overall, it's fun making it your own unique trailer!
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:15 PM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzam29 View Post
This is where customization is great. We actually love warm colours, browns, oranges, reds etc. Not real big on the stock stuff, but it ain't too bad. I do love seeing what others do, and admire some of the super bold choices folks make.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:10 PM   #9

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzam29 View Post

Overall, it's fun making it your own unique trailer!
OMG, that was one of the things that really turned me off to the stick built trailers that we first started exploring. ALL brown tones. OMG, yuck. Yeah, don't like the brown colors at all. But, others do, so to each their own.

To me, it was well worth the extra cost for the custom countertop, flooring and fabric. Dirk doesn't care, but he knows what makes me happy, makes him happy. Smart man!
Old 05-01-2016, 11:23 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
AZ Yanks like a lot of color. Every wall in our house is painted a different color in good AZ fashion. I'm sitting in a room now that has two walls Navy Blue, two walls Terra Cotta, and a half wall off-white. Our trailer had to have color.....
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:43 PM   #11

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
That's what pillows and throws are for. Easy to change your mind and throw out the pillows and get new ones.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:34 AM   #12

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
I've started "researching" fabrics, formica, and flooring. (This from someone who said they were sticking with the cheaper stock items... ) I have a bunch of samples on the way. In addition to Sailrite, I also found some neat stuff on fabric.com, Kovifabrics.com and thelogfurniturestore.com (lots of wildlife, camping-themed stuff there). I looked on ebay, too, and followed up with those companies.

When looking at the Formica website, don't forget to look at the Jonathan Adler collection, if you like bolder and more funky countertops!

For flooring, I've mostly been looking at the Armstrong website - several posts on "It's Friday" mention that Pioneer in Chilliwack will order in Armstrong products.

So many options! Hopefully the samples/swatches will help with the decision!
Brenda
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:07 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
AZ Yanks like a lot of color. Every wall in our house is painted a different color in good AZ fashion. I'm sitting in a room now that has two walls Navy Blue, two walls Terra Cotta, and a half wall off-white. Our trailer had to have color.....
That's how my house is too. Not every room, but only because I haven't gotten around to repainting them. My craft room is two different shades of purple with the alternating color as trim. Living room is in the process of getting different shades of blue. Another room is blues and has a sky blue ceiling with sponged on clouds. Plus rubber stamped airplanes and soaring eagles (on the ceiling).

Yeah, lots of fun doing the walls different colors, even in the same room. Dirk prefers white, but as long as he doesn't have to paint the walls again, he's not really bothered by it. He'll love the walls in The Trailer, until I figure out how to paint the walls in there different colors. I have to ensure they'll look good. Saradipendity painted her walls a different color and it looks stunning in the photos. I'm eagerly awaiting her post on her blog as to how she painted them.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
For flooring, I've mostly been looking at the Armstrong website - several posts on "It's Friday" mention that Pioneer in Chilliwack will order in Armstrong products.
Our flooring is from IVC and Pioneer has already ordered it and it's on hand waiting until ETI needs it. Contact Jackie at Pioneer and she can tell you the different companies they can order from.

And yeah, there's LOTS of places to get dinette fabric from. That's how I ended up with a huge pile of fabric swatches to wade through. Great fun! Enjoy the process!
Old 05-04-2016, 12:01 AM   #15

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Thanks for the suggestion! I emailed Jackie today and she gave a very quick and friendly reply. If anyone is interested, the flooring companies that Pioneer will order from are Armstrong, Mannington, Congoleum (apparently it's not just linoleum), and Tarkett. She didn't mention IVC
Brenda
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:22 AM   #16

Rolled vinyl and not linoleum correct?
Old 05-04-2016, 10:05 AM   #17

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoke View Post
Rolled vinyl and not linoleum correct?
Yes. Sheets of linoleum are too hard to work with in a smaller space like these trailers.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:01 AM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
Just a question regarding ordering the fabric. I know many customers order through Sailrite which ships directly to ETI, but I noticed they sell in US dollars which is not in my best interest with my Canadian dollars. Where do the Canadians usually order from to get a good deal? I researched JT'S Outdoor Fabrics and Outdoor Fabrics Canada both out of Barrie, Ont. Both companies seem to have comparable/good prices for the Sunbrella fabric. Where have other Canadians ordered from? Thanks.
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:29 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! I emailed Jackie today and she gave a very quick and friendly reply. If anyone is interested, the flooring companies that Pioneer will order from are Armstrong, Mannington, Congoleum (apparently it's not just linoleum), and Tarkett. She didn't mention IVC
Brenda
Now that I think about it, they didn't have a swatch book for IVC when I ordered. They did when we went up there last Sept and I took my flooring sample with me. When I went to order it a few months ago, I didn't take the sample since they previously had a swatch book. However, Jackie said their distributor wasn't carrying everything that they did before and I guess that was one of the lines they stopped carrying. So, there wasn't a swatch book, but fortunately I remembered the name of it, she looked it up online and the distributor had enough on hand, so I quickly placed my order. And it's now in Pioneer's warehouse, awaiting the word from ETI. Yay!

We picked out the flooring at a local flooring store and I emailed IVC for a sample, which the local rep sent. I was expecting a small sample, but it turns out it was the same size from their swatch books, so it's huge. But that's okay. I can really see what the flooring looks like and I can even stand on it to see how it feels. We like it so much we might get it for the kitchen in our house as it desperately needs replacing.

Good to know the lines they do carry.