Dinette Options - Springfield and Dicor - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2019, 10:54 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
I kind of like the Lagun option. I guess that I could just tell them to leave the table in the trailer without mounting it and just mount the brackets when I get home. Actually, if I brought a backing plate and drill with me I could install it there. Not sure about reinforcement. Would the inverter be in the way?
The inverter is one reason why I don't have the Lagun - too much relocating to install the reinforcement for me!
Attached Thumbnails
Shunt and controller location.jpg  
Old 11-18-2019, 10:54 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
They normally place the inverter between the converter and the batteries along that back storage in the E21 "U" option. Some have installed the Lagun around the inverter, some have moved the inverter, some did not get the inverter. Decisions now will impact planning on future installs...
Old 11-18-2019, 10:55 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I would think the table use would out weigh the inverter use, but that is just my opinion....
Old 11-18-2019, 11:01 AM   #24

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
They normally place the inverter between the converter and the batteries along that back storage in the E21 "U" option. Some have installed the Lagun around the inverter, some have moved the inverter, some did not get the inverter. Decisions now will impact planning on future installs...
I thought that the U-dinette in the 21 and 5.0TA were almost identical. In our 5.0TA the inverter is mounted on the bench wall on the passenger side, and on the left half of the back bench wall (from the batteries over to the converter) there is nothing - made installing bracing for the back bench wall easy. If they put the inverter on the back bench wall in the 21, is the passenger side bench wall empty then except for the solar controller panel?
Old 11-18-2019, 11:09 AM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
I thought that the U-dinette in the 21 and 5.0TA were almost identical. In our 5.0TA the inverter is mounted on the bench wall on the passenger side, and on the left half of the back bench wall (from the batteries over to the converter) there is nothing - made installing bracing for the back bench wall easy. If they put the inverter on the back bench wall in the 21, is the passenger side bench wall empty then except for the solar controller panel?
Same inverter location (passenger side wall) in my 2017 21. I have some photos of a Lagun installation on my 21 Modifications page (scroll down).
Old 11-18-2019, 11:58 AM   #26

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
It seems that I am always the outlier - I like the poles with the Dicor as I can remove the poles and table and make the area into a lounge area. It also comes in handy when I want access to stuff I installed under the seats.

But I don't care for the post bases that came with the trailer sticking up. The Springfield Thread Lock table mounts will probably be my next mod.
Thread-Lock 1690727-SL

Flush mount, no hole through trailer required, removable, and NO WOBBLE.
Hi Tom . We removed the poles because we need to drop table at night for our little pups bed . It is a nylon dog pen that is put away for the day . Keeps them warm for the night and not under foot. Want our table up until bed time though . I know no removing unless we undo the screws but we really don’t want or need to do that. I did cut the dinette table down a bit just on one side , makes it easier to get in and out . With the Springfield just the one center base instead of two . Was very happy to get the Springfield .
Still installed the Escape slide , which someday want to install better metal slides . So saved a bunch and find for our situation no need for dicor . Our table can completely slide back and forth and turn all around with this set up .
Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:38 PM   #27

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21C
If I am not mistaken, the inverter in the last 21(tdf-texas) that I saw with the U shaped dinette was mounted under the back bench, pretty much in the middle, which might complicate reinforcing it for a lagun. I might be wrong as my memory is not as good as it once was.
Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:10 PM   #28

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Mine is mounted on the floor left corner of back U bench.

Could one not specify to ETI that reinforcement for. Lagun is to be done and to leave that area clear?
Old 11-18-2019, 03:34 PM   #29

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21C
I would think so. If there is that much latitude in installing the Lagun, it should not be a problem. I will discuss with Linda, and might have the table left in the trailer with the "Escape slide" attached. I assume that the Escape slide is the fitting that attaches to the table pedestal that allows it to move forward and backward. Right?
Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:54 PM   #30

Yes; that is what they did for us.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:58 PM   #31

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Mine is mounted on the floor left corner of back U bench.

Could one not specify to ETI that reinforcement for. Lagun is to be done and to leave that area clear?
As my pic in the previous post shows, my inverter is mounted on the back bench with the passenger side bench empty. (that's where my wife likes to put the crock pot so that's fine) The Lagun mount could be installed with the inverter in the back by unbolting it, adding plywood reinforcement, and reinstalling the inverter. Not a "big" deal to do.

I would pick the mount I wanted and then figure out how to mount it. Anything can be done if you have the desire.

I still like the twin post table supports - the Lagun tends to wobble more than I like. The leg room using the Lagun is nice though, mmmm.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:49 AM   #32

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Our Escape came with the Springfield table mount . It seems to work OK but still not sure it’s worth the additional cost .We had the factory standard table mounts in our Scamp and Casita and they served their purpose .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:31 AM   #33

Trailer: 2020 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Our Escape came with the Springfield table mount . It seems to work OK but still not sure it’s worth the additional cost .We had the factory standard table mounts in our Scamp and Casita and they served their purpose .
Why only “ok”
ValdezAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:34 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValdezAK View Post
Why only “ok”
Seems like a lot of money for a fancy metal table leg when the table top still wobbles around like a drunk on roller skates . Maybe if I replaced the Formica covered plywood table top with one made from genuine rare exotic Siberian 19th century hardwood it would function properly ?
I’ll ponder this subject over the winter !
Old 11-20-2019, 08:16 AM   #35

Reasons for wobble when using a Springfield pedestal:

1. Cheap-O plastic stock ETI slide. I would rather ditch that and rotate the table for ingress/egress. Fortunately though we also have the Dicor 4-way slide which really stabilizes the table top.

2. Not closing the two clamps after desired height is achieved.

3. Using a standard size table. The large mass and weight of this makes table wobble more likely.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:21 AM   #36

Trailer: 2020 19
Can the Springfield be installed with out the ETI slide and still function completely, or is the height of the slide needed.
ValdezAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:17 AM   #37

Yes you can use a Springfield without the stock slide. If you do not like the max height without(which I doubt would be a problem) you can always shim it by using a small square of plywood of whatever thickness you need for the desired height. Actually the ETI slide incorporates a small rectangle of plywood which could used after removing the plastic slide strips.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:25 AM   #38

Quote:
Reasons for wobble for the Springfield:

1. Cheap-O plastic stock ETI slide. I would rather ditch that and rotate the table for ingress/egress. Fortunately though we do also have the Dicor 4-way slide which really stabilizes the table top.

2. Not closing the two clamps after desire height is achieved.

3. Using a standard size table. The large mass and weight of this makes table wobble more likely.
In an effort to stabilize the table top , I adjusted the clamps on the Springfield table support
, I removed the table top and repaired / replaced missing mounting screws , repaired / modified slide hardware and slide lock . While there was some improvement in the table’s stability , the improvement was not significant in my estimation .
I truly believe that this is not a cosmetic issue so changing the color or pattern of the table top will solve nothing - - The design and installation of the table top hardware needs improvement in order to stabilize the table top IMHO

Old 11-20-2019, 09:45 AM   #39

Is your table standard or U? If U then try removing slide. If standard then that is primarily the problem as that amount of weight probably does need two poles. A Lagun would probably be even worse.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:11 AM   #40

Quote:
Is your table standard or U? If U then try removing slide. If standard then that is primarily the problem as that amount of weight probably does need two poles. A Lagun would probably be even worse.
We have the standard factory table — We do not have the U shaped dinette !
I agree with your diagnosis that the table top is too large / Heavy for a single support leg
I replaced numerous loose / stripped out table mounting screws with larger screws supplemented with glue
As I’ve stated time and time again I wish Escape would spend as much time and energy improving their existing product & solving existing issues as they do coming up with new cosmetic options .
Moving the deck chairs around on the Titanic did nothing to rectify the fact that the boat was sinking

Tags
dicor, dinette, springfield