Dinette Options - Springfield and Dicor - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-21-2020, 12:11 AM   #61

Trailer: 5.0 TA "Sea'scape"
Escape-installed Springfield pedestal for $295 CAD

There are many recommendations on this forum to replace the fixed-height dinette table legs with a Springfield adjustable-height pedestal.

I asked Escape if they'd install an Escape-provided Springfield pedestal for our 5.0TA that's being built next month.

Here's the Escape response:

"To have the Springfield installed from us it would be at a cost of $295 CAD. We would also need to know if you would like the standard ETI slider installed on the table."

Sounds like a good deal so I said, "Yes."
Hawkeye Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 06:18 AM   #62

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
I replaced the “double pedestal” legs on mine (because they were constantly loosening a bit) with a Springfield pedestal. But I rarely raise and lower it. In any case, I strongly recommend either keeping the ETI sliding tracks or the Dicor slider if it can be obtained. Since I rarely slide my table, I kept using the ETI setup. I also rarely rotate it loosening the Springfield clamps. However, if working inside one of the benches it is nice to be able to rotate AND SLIDE to get more working space. We do have the wrap around dinette with a smaller table and on occasion I have removed one of the “stop” screws in the plastic slide track, rotated the table 90°, and slid the table off the tracks toward the emergency exit window. Then it is easy to move the tabletop entirely out of the way. I am not sure, however, if there would be enough clearance space to do so with the larger tabletop provided when the wrap around dinette option is not chosen.

Edit: I should also note that I switched the ETI slides to go front-to-back because they were installed for side-to-side sliding which both of us found just about totally worthless. Side-to-side the table was so far to the rear that it overlapped with the rear bench, essentially rendering it impossible to sit behind the table.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:49 PM   #63

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
cyclones forever, i have the full size table in my 17A and took a springfield with me for escape installation at pick up. At that time they did not stock it as an option. I have it for the same reason....grandkids. I don't use it often but it is super easy when I do. With that large table I avoid much serious leaning on the table. I have the dicor slide from the order, but haven't installed it yet.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:29 PM   #64

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
We love our Springfield pedestal . We also reinstalled the Escape slide . So much more user friendly then the dreaded poles . We make the front dinette every night for the little guys , all 30 lbs . They go into a nylon pen on top of the table . They are warm together and not under foot . Did cut down table a little on one side though . Easier to get in dinette and table will swing 360 . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:59 AM   #65
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Somewhere on this forum is a couple threads with a bunch of pictures oh my Springfield plus dicor now on my 2014 escape 21. these didn't have the raised floor, so I had to put a three and a half inch spacer under the table to get the height ride but I think the new ones with the riser you don't need that at all.

I cut the square plate on the top of the Springfield way down so it fit inside the dicor sliders. The sliders are very fussy you need to get the rails exactly parallel or they slide a little rough. If you get him right they are sweet.

With a three and a half inch riser oh, and my original flat floor escape 21, with the Springfield completely compressed the table exactly fits in flush to make a bed, which is really handy if I have a guest like my daughter when she's traveling and I'm traveling we meet up.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:42 PM   #66

Trailer: 2023 21C' Escape
Springfield Pedestel

I ordered and had ETI ship me a Springfield and installed it today. What an improvement! I used the ETI slider for now, but it is much easier to convert to a bed for the little ones. It also added stability to the table. Can slide the table side to side when I need to get under the bench seats. Pretty happy so far with the modification.
Cyclones forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 05:14 PM   #67

My son is going to install the Dicor slider in my 17 with Springfield pedestal tomorrow. I have read this item and it seems pretty straightforward. Remove Escape two way slider and install the new one. Per John in Santa Cruz, be sure sliders are exactly parallel.

Like Jim B., I wish it were possible to gain access to the benches more easily. Is it crazy to think about installing the dicor a slightly off center left or right to gain a little extra slide room? It could be locked in place centered for use as a table.

Any guidance would be gratefully accepted. Thanks.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:45 PM   #68
Site Team

With my U bench, I put mine as far back as I could, such that the side rails are just inside the front edges of the table. when slid all the way back it almost touches the back cushion on the rear of the "U", and when slid all the way forward, it can actually bump into the 'side wall' pieces next to the fridge and the stove unless its centered left to right.

drunken home video of the table in action...

Old 02-22-2020, 12:17 AM   #69

That’s helpful—thanks. He’s set to cut the mounting plate tomorrow and go from there.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:33 AM   #70
Site Team

my Dicor slider is mounted on 2 5" long 2x4's on edge, that are sitting on the trimmed down top of the Springfield, and the top 'front/rear' rails of the dicor are screwed directly into the bottom of the table.

I needed the ~3.5" rise of the 2x4's on edge because my 2014 E21 doesn't have the floor riser. With the 3.5" boost, the table just fits flush as a bed when the Springfield is fully compressed, and when the pedestal is fully extended, the table top its full original height.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:58 AM   #71

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
So that you avoid getting aluminum shavings in the slide track mark the holes the for the slider attachment to the pedestal and drill without slider in place
Old 02-22-2020, 09:23 AM   #72

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
So that you avoid getting aluminum shavings in the slide track mark the holes the for the slider attachment to the pedestal and drill without slider in place
Great tip.......
Old 04-03-2021, 06:02 PM   #73

Trailer: Escape 5.0 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
I installed a springfield and dicor on my e21, worked out quite well. required a bit of engineering. my e21 doesn't have a floor riser under the dinette, so I needed about 3.5" more vertically, which I got with a pair of 2x4's on edge, between the pedestal top and the slider mounts... and you have to cut down the aluminum top plate of the springfield to mount the slider, as otherwise its too wide.

Which Pedestal did you mount? Were
the holes from the previous two pole systems super obvious? I just got mine and this standard table is not fun. Definitely should have gotten the Springfield...
Shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:07 PM   #74
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
Which Pedestal did you mount? Were
the holes from the previous two pole systems super obvious? I just got mine and this standard table is not fun. Definitely should have gotten the Springfield...
I think I used one of the original screw holes from the twin post mounts, pilot drilled the rest, after first filling all the rest of the holes from the two-post mounts with (IIRC) a wood glue and sawdust mix, packed it into the holes using a popsicle stick or tongue depressor or whatever, then wiped away the excess glue with a wet rag. IIRC< first application shrank a bit, so I refilled the top of the holes with more wood glue, and let it cure for a couple days. THEN I mounted hte springfield pedestal base, I used the largest flathead phillips stainless wood screws I could fit in the pedestal's holes that were under 1" long (I think they were 7/8, maybe 3/4? I was very careful with the pilot hole drilling not to go too deep as I didn't want to puncture the water tank thats under there. I also made those pilot holes on the tight side, so I had to drive the screws in with a fair bit of torque. its held up for a couple years and many miles of often bumpy roads, so I guess I did it right.

Tags
dicor, dinette, springfield