Dinette Options - Springfield and Dicor - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2019, 08:53 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21C
Dinette Options - Springfield and Dicor

Is the Springfield pedestal compatible with the Dicor mount? If the Dicor becomes available again, I would like to buy it. The Springfield seems like a good option because it has only one pedestal.
Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:52 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I installed a springfield and dicor on my e21, worked out quite well. required a bit of engineering. my e21 doesn't have a floor riser under the dinette, so I needed about 3.5" more vertically, which I got with a pair of 2x4's on edge, between the pedestal top and the slider mounts... and you have to cut down the aluminum top plate of the springfield to mount the slider, as otherwise its too wide.

John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:54 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
The Springfield is a popular choice for a large single post pedestal.

If your a little handy and want a thinner, cheaper, rock solid post that also works in extreme cold...you might want to check out this link and the following post 35.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...tml#post268654

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 09:40 AM   #4

thanks for the info. I think that we will go with the stock table and decide on the mods after we get home.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:42 AM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
thanks for the info. I think that we will go with the stock table and decide on the mods after we get home.
Okay, but do know if the table is mounted it will be on two posts. IF you decide to go to a one post mount, you'll have those extra holes....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Okay, but do know if the table is mounted it will be on two posts. IF you decide to go to a one post mount, you'll have those extra holes....
Good point. So much to consider when ordering a new Escape 21. Thanks.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:37 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Probably more than 1/2 the owners who have the Springfield, switched afterwards. The holes can easily be hidden with caulk and the new base. But if your are sure you want it, just tell them not to mount the stock table and have the Springfield shipped to Escape and they will install. Also there is another alternate, the Lagun Mount https://www.lagunusa.com
Old 11-17-2019, 04:53 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
they are just little screw holes, the large base of the Springfield hides more than half of them anyways, I just filled them all with some caulk that more or less matched the vinyl floor color, and they disappeared.

I put the springfield base fairly far back in the U dinette, as I found it more useful to be able to slide the table all the way against the back cushions, rather than pulling it out so far it hits the side panels... it still goes to the original position, so you can have multiple people at the table.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 05:47 PM   #9

BTW John, your furnace cover is not latched....
Old 11-17-2019, 06:14 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Those dual poles are the worst and would not have them installed after experiencing them on our 17B we bought used.. We had them not install and stored the table under the bed at pickup for our 21. Used the flip up tables in rear for the first year then went Springfield/Dicor and love it. I'd you really want trick, pay extra for a 24" deep table in addition to the U-shape table as that size works great for the dinette and dual filler boards for a lounge. We have never installed our original U table.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:25 PM   #11

Why pay extra for the 24" size, just tell Escape you want that in lieu of the "U" stock table, they probable would give it to you....
Old 11-17-2019, 06:40 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Those dual poles are the worst and would not have them installed after experiencing them on our 17B we bought used.. We had them not install and stored the table under the bed at pickup for our 21. Used the flip up tables in rear for the first year then went Springfield/Dicor and love it. I'd you really want trick, pay extra for a 24" deep table in addition to the U-shape table as that size works great for the dinette and dual filler boards for a lounge. We have never installed our original U table.
Ross sure right about those poles . Besides scratching my leg , removing , scratched the vinyl ply too. Got rid of those poles fast and installed the Springfield . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:07 PM   #13

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Why pay extra for the 24" size, just tell Escape you want that in lieu of the "U" stock table, they probable would give it to you....
Only due to some folks not being sure and it would not cost much to get a second smaller table and then have the "full size" U table in case it is ever desired.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:35 AM   #14

The Springfield is now an option on the build sheet. Cost is $236 US. I might just go that way and add Dicor when I can get it.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:15 AM   #15

Trailer: 2020 19
Quote:
The Springfield is now an option on the build sheet. Cost is $236 US. I might just go that way and add Dicor when I can get it.
+1, our same thoughts
ValdezAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:08 AM   #16

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Ross sure right about those poles . Besides scratching my leg , removing , scratched the vinyl ply too. Got rid of those poles fast and installed the Springfield . Pat
It seems that I am always the outlier - I like the poles with the Dicor as I can remove the poles and table and make the area into a lounge area. It also comes in handy when I want access to stuff I installed under the seats.

But I don't care for the post bases that came with the trailer sticking up. The Springfield Thread Lock table mounts will probably be my next mod.
Thread-Lock 1690727-SL

Flush mount, no hole through trailer required, removable, and NO WOBBLE.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:40 AM   #17

The one in the Amazon link is considerably less expensive than the Escape option. The one that Escape provides is telescoping to drop down to a bed. Is that the major difference?
Old 11-18-2019, 10:03 AM   #18

Huge difference in the effort to lower table to lounge or sleep. Takes me less than 20 seconds to do it. Also with the Springfield pedestal the table will rotate for ingress & egress, as well as slide with either the stock ETI or added Dicor 4 way slide.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:05 AM   #19

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
The one in the Amazon link is considerably less expensive than the Escape option. The one that Escape provides is telescoping to drop down to a bed. Is that the major difference?
- The Amazon one is a fixed height pedestal post that is removable.

- The Escape option is a permanently mounted adjustable pedestal post.

The Escape option is popular if you use the dinette area as a bed - all you have to do is release the pedestal lock and drop the table down to make the bed. Removing the table and pedestal would require unbolting the pedestal from the floor.

I like the Amazon one because I can easily remove the table and pedestal which opens up the dinette area for lounging or for better access to stuff under the seats. I rarely use the dinette for a bed so having to remove the pedestal posts to lower the table is not a big deal for me.

The Lagun table mount is another option and is may be the best of the three.
https://www.lagunusa.com/

The catch with this one is that you have to reinforce the area where the Lagun mounts and I already have holes in the floor. For a new trailer, this may be something to consider.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #20

I kind of like the Lagun option. I guess that I could just tell them to leave the table in the trailer without mounting it and just mount the brackets when I get home. Actually, if I brought a backing plate and drill with me I could install it there. Not sure about reinforcement. Would the inverter be in the way?

Tags
dicor, dinette, springfield