Do I need an exterior 12v outlet - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2016, 08:20 AM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
All great points, thanks for all of the feedback.

Our build sheet is not due until May but we are going to go ahead and lock it in now. We've already been hit with one price increase recently (u-shaped dinette), and if the Canadian dollar keeps going down, I would expect to see more. So we want to avoid being hit with those.
That is another reason to send all your money in now, to catch the favorable exchange rate, it will not last forever.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:18 AM   #12

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Exchange rate

Agree with you on catching the exchange rate, they've already got 90% of our money, and we plan on sending the remainder as soon as we have the final locked in build sheet (this week).

GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:11 AM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
You can always give them a cc for last minute changes.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:03 PM   #14

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You can always give them a cc for last minute changes.
Once you get your build sheet finalized, the prices are set, even if they go up otherwise. However, if you want to make any changes once you've signed off on it, they charge ya $200. (This was on someone else's build sheet that was sent to us by mistake, but I've not seen it on mine, so I don't know if that's added when you get really close to finalizing or what.)

So, I'm thinking very carefully about everything that's being added to the build sheet and if I find something later I have to decide if it's worth another 200 bucks to add it on. Probably not. Even with the exchange rate the way it is right now.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:07 PM   #15

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
All great points, thanks for all of the feedback.

Our build sheet is not due until May but we are going to go ahead and lock it in now. We've already been hit with one price increase recently (u-shaped dinette), and if the Canadian dollar keeps going down, I would expect to see more. So we want to avoid being hit with those.
Yeah, that's why I'm busy working on ours, even though the trailer is due to be completed much later in the year than yours. I've had prices increase on two options that I had listed. I hope to get ours finalized this week before any more increases. Knock on wood!

We plan to pay it off very quickly as well.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:10 PM   #16

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
That is absolutely correct Laura. I was emailing with Sarah at Escape today about finalizing our build sheet, and she mentioned that $200 charge. And when I got the final document for my signature, it was spelled out there. So it would take something drastic for me to change it now. And since I started this thread with my question about an external 12 volt, I should state that we did decide to add one, based upon various feedback that we got.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:16 PM   #17

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
The $200 charge is what I ran into when I remembered the Horst tank probes I wanted but forgot on the build sheet. I did not call and ask if I'd get charged, as the build was already in progress I just gave up on the idea.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:18 PM   #18

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape
I had a 12 volt outlet installed above each set of wheels for inflation purposes.
M.W.Deters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:40 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.W.Deters View Post
I had a 12 volt outlet installed above each set of wheels for inflation purposes.
I saw this mentioned on another thread and I'll ask hubby when he gets home how long the cord is on our 12v tire pumper-upper. Probably not that long, so I'll probably add that to my list as well.

You know folks, once we get our build sheets finalized we are NOT allowed to read any more posts about options folks are getting or questions on it or what others got in the past or ANYTHING build sheet related!

You know we're gonna see something and think "damn, that's a good idea, why didn't I know about that earlier".

Yeah, that's me to a T!

So, once that baby's turned it, I'll just read about trips everyone is taking, which I've ignored before as we didn't have one on order. Now that we do, I can start reading all those and looking at the albums posted here. And start looking at some of the travel blogs. (We'll see how long that theory lasts!)

And I appreciate this thread getting started as it got me to send more money across the border.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:47 PM   #20

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
You can also buy 12V extension cords for cheap if you are late with your build list.
I run mine out the door or out a window to power my pump or fan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12V extension cord.jpg (108.8 KB, 6 views)

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote