Escape 19 build list - production starts next week - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Mine are both "hers'. Just ask my wife if you don't believe me.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #22

Trailer: none
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Trailers are hims; TVs are hers.
No way. TV's are male (Big Red) and trailers are female (Evenstar).
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #23

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
Our "Howie" is a male... the Ford--no real name.. The Escape!!!
Old 11-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Richard, on looking at your build sheet again, I don't know how you can use a 19' without the hatch. This is a 60" x 80" area and sometimes the hatch does not even seem sufficient.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Interruption in programming. Ours is hatch down unlike some others.

Leaving out a standard feature is very different from adding customizations. The hatch can always be there without using it. You also might change your mind and want to put some outside items.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #26

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
i thought I'd piggyback onto this thread with our about to be finalized build sheet, rather than start a new one -- consolidation and all that. So here goes. Our original date was early November -- however when a February date opened, Tammy let us change because that was what we originally had asked for. i am really glad because the extra time allowed us to fully understand what was available -- both the listed options and the ones I learned about from the Forum -- plus there were some listed options I would have probably ignored if not for the Forum.

Reverse sink and stove -- We had this in the Airstream and I liked being able to pass the food right from the stove outside. Plus I didn't want the stove next to where I slept and I think it makes the space feel bigger. Tammy said we shouldn't get the exhaust fan because of the potential to bump our heads when it is so close to the door, but we wouldn't have gotten it anyway since so many Forum members commented that with the Maxi fan it wasn't necessary and it kind of makes the trailer feel roomier.

6.7 cu foot fridge with Texas fans

Additional opening window over sink
Polar Cub Air conditioner. Reace had a few left in s tock (they're discontinued) It is quieter. It is also a couple inches higher and more expensive, but since I hate air conditioner noise and Terry absolutely needs it, this seemed like a good plan for us.

Bike Rack Ready
Cabinet door at end of bench
Dual 6V batteries
Anderson Hitch
Extra Insulation and Thermal Windows but not foam underneath
LED exterior porch light
LED light above storage ox
4 Captain reading lamps (two over bed and two over dinette)
Opening window in bathroom

Removable power cord. This took a lot of thinking. I liked the non-removable because it seems you'd only need to pull out as much as you needed and it wouldn't drag on the ground like I think the removable will. However, when I was at the Escape factory and saw where the non-removable actually goes and I saw the opening, I decided that we'd go with the removable. If anything ever got tangled we'd never be able to get to it. However I still keep thinking about this option.

STainless Steel sink and chrome faucet -- Terry felt this would be more durable -- I'm not sure about that but I also knew that we'd probably not be good enough about keeping the white one clean, and it didn't really matter to me (although I like the white color better)

storage box,
surge protector
solar panel
Formica Sky terra 7694-58
Custom Fabric -- Tru Blu
These last two I think were the most extravagant thing we did. If we'd bought the trailer off the lot or used I wouldn't have thought about this but since we had the choice I wanted colors more to my taste. Because a patterned fabric needs twice as many yards, I was determined to find a solid color and to stick with formica in the 58 group. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this works.

Additional set led brake lights
power tongue jack --
REinforce 4 walls
Fill and purge propane tanks
pedal toilet
ADDitional outlet in center of kitchen face between sink and stove
Additional 12 V outlet upper left corner over dinette
Vivid Blue Graphic

Hope this is useful for someone. Just writing it down is useful for me.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Three things, is the window in the kitchen opening?
Ask Reace if you turn the stove sideways, will it give you more counter space and stick with the 2 burner stove.
If you go with the Polar Cub you can not get the digital thermostat, that is really nice to have in such a small space. If you go with stock Dometic, you can get it with the furnace and the a/c.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #28

hmm, I thought I replied, but i guess I didn't. The kitchen window opens, Terry talked with Reace about the digital thermostat and had decided not to go with it even before we decided on the polar cub. The bottom line is the noise -- we spent an evening online looking at reviews of both air conditioners and spoke to Reace and decided that we'd have a happier marriage if Terry could use the air conditioner without me complaining. I still reserve the right to complain, but the polar cub may help.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #29

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Ruthie, which 4 walls are you having reinforced?

Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #30

We're reinforcing the wall between the fridge and the bed, between the stove and the bed, between the dinette and the bathroom and the front facing bathroom wall.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #31

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Thanks.
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
We're reinforcing the wall between the fridge and the bed, between the stove and the bed, between the dinette and the bathroom and the front facing bathroom wall.
I never did that, it was not even a talked about option, and do have magazine racks on the two ends. I just made sure at least one fastener was into the framing. Holding good so far.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #33

Trailer: 19'
Is the Polar Cub A/C incompatible with a digital thermostat? Or is it just something that Reace won't install, but can be added later by owner?

If A/C and heater are both Dometic, I think 1 digital wall thermostat controls both. With a Polar Cub A/C, does that mean 2 wall thermostats? j
jamie beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #34

The thermostat is built in on the polar cub and the stock heater thermostat is the conventional type rv unit. Both of these will have temperature swings where the unit over shoots the set point and you go from hot to cold with both heat or the a/c. With Dometic, one unit controls both heat and a/c and is digital.That is an Escape option. With Polar Cub there is no digital. But you may get the optional heat strip with the polar cub. You may switch out the furnace to a digital if you want later very easily.
Very complicated.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #35

Thanks for the reply, Jim.

I think in past discussions (apologies if I'm mistaken) you have noted that you really liked the Polar Cub, it's sized well (for a 19') and relatively quiet. For you, would the convenience and utility of the single digital thermostat for both heat and A/C compensate for additional noise from the Dometic A/C? j
Old 12-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #36

I decided to get the Dometic for several reasons, my last 3 trailers had the Polar Cub and one of the reasons was it would operate off a 2000w generator, never needed that. another reason was it was quieter, but I only ran the Escape a/c once last year, either because it is a cooler trailer with the insulation or my body is changing, either way, I did not feel the up charge was worth it. In addition, with the digital thermostat now on the heat and a/c with the Dometic, to me that was the kicker. I love the heater while operating off digital, it is real even heat. So those are my reasons, louder maybe, but the positives outweigh the negatives particularly when a/c is not used that often.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #37

Thanks a lot for taking time to give me your points. j
Old 12-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #38

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The thermostat is built in on the polar cub and the stock heater thermostat is the conventional type rv unit. Both of these will have temperature swings where the unit over shoots the set point and you go from hot to cold with both heat or the a/c. With Dometic, one unit controls both heat and a/c and is digital.That is an Escape option. With Polar Cub there is no digital. But you may get the optional heat strip with the polar cub. You may switch out the furnace to a digital if you want later very easily.
Very complicated.
Jim, is it possible to install the single digital control for furnace and AC yourself. I have the Dometic AC.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #39

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I was also initially sold on the polar cub due to the level of quiet. When I found out it was being discontinued, I went with the Dometic & digital thermostat. I have done all I could to make my unit well suited for camping off grid. When I'm in areas where I'm willing to pay for hookups due to high temps, I'll be thankful to be cool! Still comfortable that I've made the right decision for me.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #40

Jim, is it possible to install the single digital control for furnace and AC yourself. I have the Dometic AC.
Others have done it and I did it for the furnace in another non escape unit, but have not tackled the a/c and heat together, that is why I ordered it, similar to stock11 from the factory.
Kstock11 by the way should update their avatar, I believe they have their unit.