Escape 19 build list - production starts next week - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #41

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Jim, my unit is currently in production. Mine will be the 1st completion in 2014 with a finish date of 1/2/2014. We are planning on leaving N.C. on April 26th with a pick up date of May 2nd. We will take the next 9 weeks making our way back east. The start of retirement and a new lifestyle! Still thankful for seeing you're 19 last April!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #42

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
soory I got you confused with Tom in Tennessee.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #43

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Other nice features is that the Dometic with the digital thermostat are that it will also automatically switch the unit to low speed fan when the temperature gets within a few degrees of the tstat set point. This lowers the noise level some. Also it will cycle the whole unit off including the fan if you want once it reaches set point. The Polar Cub will run the fan all the time. You can run the fan all the time on the Dometic but at least you have the option.

Having had both the Polar Cub and the Dometic I find the noise level difference very little. Both are noisy when you are sitting right under them.

The Polar Cub is not compatible with the digital tstat option unless you do it yourself with a added relay in the power supply line. I did this on our Casita but it was a pain.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #44

Trailer: 19'
Great, thanks for taking time to give your input. j
jamie beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #45

Trailer: 19'
I was reading some other trailer forums about the Dometic Penguin II A/C. Apparently there was a service bulletin for models built before May 2012. These units did not include some sort of soft grommet kit, which the later units now do include.

Owners who retrofitted the kit report dramatic noise reductions.

I'm wondering if this issue is cause for extra noisy Dometic's for Escape owners? We're getting well away from that date now, but just wondering if anyone has any experience with this.....j
jamie beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #46

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Now you have me rethinking. Buying like this -- building from scratch sort of -- is new to us. We've always bought used cars, used houses -- we accepted what had been done and sometimes changed things but usually just lived with what had been done before. I can't even imagine what it would be like to build a new house!
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote