Escape 19 - no bathroom - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2014, 10:45 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape
Have to agree...I imagine resale value of a 19 without bathroom is somewhere south of zilch. There has to be a very select group spending $25-30K on a trailer who will be happy with a porta pottie or lilac bush.
lefttee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Geez, it seems topics have a mind of their own, sometimes.

My wife is a full and willing, consenting adult in the decision to eliminate the bathroom. She's been lusting over a Bambi 16' sport; but it's simply too small. The bathroom is a large portion of that. We spent 90 min or so inspecting an Escape 19. I was told that if I could make the bathroom go away and replace it with cabinets, a counter, and a window, I ought to buy it. So, that's what I'm doing. Escape makes a 15a and a 17a, this isn't the first "19a" ETI has made. Resale value will be our daughter's problem.

So, on to the actual questions ...

Any feedback on snow loading or television placement/reinforcement?
sturski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:27 AM   #23
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Don't think snow loading would be an issue in Colorado with the powder you folks get - what with the wind and a slick skinny fiberglass trailer. ETI will need to reinforce (plywood layer) whatever wall you want to attach a TV or other heavy load, as they are very light weight otherwise (to keep the trailer weight lowed, DUH.)

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:43 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
In the 19 there rally is only 2 places to install a tv, the refer wall in the bed area and the bath/front dinette wall in the front. These 2 walls should be reinforced for future tv, remember also 12v/120v outlets and cable outlets in the cabinet o/h in those areas.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:48 AM   #25

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21 2002 Tundra 4x4 V-8 tow package.
Sturski, You might want to research your solar install by Eti. There is very good info on this forum about modifying your solar system. The factory install works, but does not get the most from the batteries. A change in the controller and a shunt with a good battery monitor seems to help tremendously. When you can dependably monitor your batteries you can asses what your consumption needs will be. Again check the post's on this forum for great details of the modifications.
craiginpetaluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:01 AM   #26

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
Enjoy your hard tent Stan. Sorry if some of us gave more advice and opinion than you were asking for. Mine were not to rob you of your choices but to stimulate your thought process for evoving years of Escape ownership and enjoyment.
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #27

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape
I would also "apologize" if my comments were taken as criticism. Not my intent...just a comment!!
lefttee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:29 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape
A trailer without a bathroom has advantages in using space. I have. "B" because I wanted the shower. Otherwise, a 15A is a nice design. A 19A will be, too.

My suggestion is to have ETI add some fittings to support a shower curtain for the outside shower. Something to block the wind. Maybe a modicum of privacy. That's why I look at the awning framework as a possibility.

Re snow load, I personally don't worry about it . The vulnerable place is probably the trough where the awning attaches, but I haven't seen a problem there.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:07 PM   #29

When Cindy and I were ordering our trailer, I was not wanting a bathroom / toilet. Fast forward 3 years, that bathroom has come in very handy a few times. I am so glad we opted to get a trailer with the bathroom / toilet!
Mountain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #30

Trailer: 17b
I looked at a 19 for sale last year that the owner couldn't sell because it had no bathroom. He had lots of lookers and his price was fair. He finally sold it but took a beating.

I'm a boondocker 100% and have never used the bathroom in my previous trailers (Casita) but I'm getting one in the 19er. If nothing else, I can use it for storage. I don't plan on selling it, but if the need ever arises, I'd hate to take the kind of beating that guy took. He literally sold it for thousands under his asking price.
Escape While You Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:39 AM   #31

Trailer: 1976 Trillium
Did you get the trailer without bathroom? I would like to see what they put in its place. They said overhead, two drawers and two cabinets.
Can you attach a picture?
Treeax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:51 AM   #32

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Perhaps ETI can add a large closet. That way, you can use it for shelves/storage now and, should the need arise in the future, you can clear out the closet and just insert a porta-potty.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:03 PM   #33

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19, 2010 Palomino Y series prior
Coming from a pop up trailer, Ive never known a bathroom.
Hell we don't even use the fresh water tank and pump. That being said, like others mentioned, at the price point the Escape is in, should something change suddenly or unexpectedly in your life, resale would be unpleasant.

I would agree that no bathroom in a 19 would make the trailer seem huge, and would have lots of room. Bathrooms eat up a lot of space in small trailers, which is why a wet bath is the only one I would consider (not that we ever want to shower in a trailer anyway, but they take up the least amount of limited space)
What were the thoughts on a 17a with a permanent bed? Less money, good amount of room (i feel)