Escape 19 price increase - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2016, 02:39 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Escape 19 price increase

I just noticed the price of the 19' went up $1200 CAD, to $31,500 from $30,300. The 17 stayed the same. Not sure about the others.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 19’
Glad we have ours ordered...the 21' also went up.
dan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
There is competition in the 16 - 17 ft fiberglass trailer market
Not so much so with the 19 - 21 ft fiberglass trailers.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 04:29 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0TA
New prices

The price of the 5.0TA went up $1200.00 CDN also

Weight is the enemy... Keep it simple and keep it light !
chowlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:27 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrandenstein View Post
I just noticed the price of the 19' went up $1200 CAD, to $31,500 from $30,300. The 17 stayed the same. Not sure about the others.
Does this apply to those who have already placed an order and put down a deposit or is it only for new purchases? I know Escape can change the price of the options but not sure when it comes to the base price.
Mike & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:01 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike & Donna View Post
Does this apply to those who have already placed an order and put down a deposit or is it only for new purchases? I know Escape can change the price of the options but not sure when it comes to the base price.
Once a price is agree to, it is final. I would imagine it would be the same with the options too, once the build sheet is done, are firm priced then too. If you haven't agreed to purchase an option yet, any previously quoted price needs not be met. Besides, for now it seems the options have not increase.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:12 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Once a price is agree to, it is final. I would imagine it would be the same with the options too, once the build sheet is done, are firm priced then too. If you haven't agreed to purchase an option yet, any previously quoted price needs not be met. Besides, for now it seems the options have not increase.
Not to differ, but our price increase was after we ordered and had placed a deposit. That's because the price can go up until the build sheet is signed and/or the trailer is paid for.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Not to differ, but our price increase was after we ordered and had placed a deposit. That's because the price can go up until the build sheet is signed and/or the trailer is paid for.
So, like the options, it is only one the build sheet it's signed. I guess until then it was only a deposit, and not a contract yet. Good thing I sent my build sheet done a couple weeks ago, eh!
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-14-2016, 06:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Bryan,
Was the price increase on options or on the base price of the trailer? I know Escape has it listed on the options sheet that prices are subject to change until the build sheet is finalized and signed off so I have no issue with that. I am curious about the base price changing after one has put down a $2500 CAD deposit and agreed to purchase the trailer. I would think that would lock down the "base" price of trailer excluding options. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:32 PM   #10

Quote:
I am curious about the base price changing after one has put down a $2500 CAD deposit and agreed to purchase the trailer. I would think that would lock down the "base" price of trailer excluding options. Correct me if I am wrong.
This was my thinking too. Apparently I was wrong.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:40 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Had the same discussion earlier this year and at that time it seemed that once a deposit was made the base price remained the same:

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...ease-7089.html
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:42 PM   #12

I just took a look at the build sheet and I quote:

"Prices are subject to change without notice. Escape Trailer Industries reserves the right to change the price of an option based on market fluctuations. The customer will be notified of all changes when they come into effect. Once a Build Sheet is Confirmed, the Options Price List becomes fixed."

This is the wording on the Build Sheet and since I am not an expert in law or English grammar I will leave it to you to interpret the meaning as you wish. Just throwing it out there for discussion.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:46 PM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Bryan,
Was the price increase on options or on the base price of the trailer? I know Escape has it listed on the options sheet that prices are subject to change until the build sheet is finalized and signed off so I have no issue with that. I am curious about the base price changing after one has put down a $2500 CAD deposit and agreed to purchase the trailer. I would think that would lock down the "base" price of trailer excluding options. Correct me if I am wrong.
In our case, it was the base price of the trailer. We "ordered" a trailer in June of 2014. The build sheet included the base price, and of course the options price. When it came time to build it, the base price rose $1000 because it was considered the next model year. Since we hadn't yet signed the final build sheet, that base price was subject to change - and it did.

We made out OK though. The CAD price of our final build sheet was 35,500. But the USD price was under 30k. That took some of the sting out of it.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:54 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Escape normally changes it's model year December 1, so anything after that date is 2017 model. I was originally scheduled for a 2017 model for December, they moved my completion date to October and my model year is 2016. So the price change is probably for the 2017 models.....
Old 12-14-2016, 07:03 PM   #15

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
probably, seemed, not sure, I would imagine, i guess, I would think...
Old 12-14-2016, 09:25 PM   #16

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
I just took a look at the build sheet and I quote:

"Prices are subject to change without notice. Escape Trailer Industries reserves the right to change the price of an option based on market fluctuations. The customer will be notified of all changes when they come into effect. Once a Build Sheet is Confirmed, the Options Price List becomes fixed."
You also need to have ETI confirm (probably in writing) when your build sheet is confirmed. We thought ours was and the trailer was paid in full, but we still had an increase on some option as they didn't consider it "confirmed". And I had signed all of the forms they sent to me. Probably have it put on the build sheet that it's completed as just an email may not be good enough as the information may not get transferred over. I thought an email confirmation over two different items was enough, but it wasn't. I'm still pretty pissed over one of those items.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:16 PM   #17

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
probably, seemed, not sure, I would imagine, i guess, I would think...
Hi: gbaglo... I'm certain that your uncertainty is certain. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
You also need to have ETI confirm (probably in writing) when your build sheet is confirmed. We thought ours was and the trailer was paid in full, but we still had an increase on some option as they didn't consider it "confirmed". And I had signed all of the forms they sent to me. Probably have it put on the build sheet that it's completed as just an email may not be good enough as the information may not get transferred over. I thought an email confirmation over two different items was enough, but it wasn't. I'm still pretty pissed over one of those items.
Thanks for the advice, Laura. I also have signed my "final" option sheet and sent it back but really do need to follow up on it and make sure that Escape is aware and have it documented in writing. Best to make sure we are both on the same page so to speak.