Escape 21 - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #31

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #3
Washington Escape group

I like the idea of a Washington group, that's kind of why I started the thread. When we receive our 21, I'll be adding it to the map. Another cool idea someone had!!

TAfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #32

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 & Chevy Silverado 5.3L EcoTec
We'll be at a couple gatherings next spring:
Spring NOG at Champoeg (Oregon) in April (I believe there will be 2 other 21's there):
OR April 24-27, 2014: Spring NOG 2014 – Northern Oregon Gathering - Fiberglass RV

and Maryhill in May (We sorta semi host that one):

WA May 16- 18, 2014: Maryhill (SP) in May - Fiberglass RV

paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #33
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
[QUOTE=TAfraser;31795]To all, this is a great forum, I like this almost as much as see you all at the fiberglass gatherings.

I was going to order the EZ-Lube axles until I found out that with the aluminum rims I'll have to take the tires off each time (the center cap mounts behind the rim).

I contacted Escape today and Reace said he has found a new aluminum wheel supplier that has an opening in the wheel for the EZ lube feature.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #34

New aluminum rim supplier

WOW, that's good to know. Did he provide a picture of the newly available rims? If not did he say if they looked the same? I had resigned myself to packing the bearings the old fashioned way. That taking the wheel and drum off would allow me to inspect the breaks, etc. With the Casita, I got lazy, repacked the EZ-Lube bearings and skipped inspecting the brakes. Reace suggests repacking the bearings every two years. Not too bad! So now I'm torn.

On another note; I seem to remember a post on here about a high-lift axle being ordered. If anybody knows about it, light high and for how much, I'd sure like to know. I had the high lift axle on my Casita and it cam in very handy, just getting up the curb into my driveway. I believe the Escape sits lower than my high-lift Casita??
Tom
Old 09-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #35
Site Team

No high lifts anymore, there may have been was one on the 5th, but the 17/19/21 basically all have the similar axles/bearings, and wheels with different specs.
I believe the wheels will look the same, with a removable center cap for lube purposes.

My question is re: bath window, sliding vs awning. Where did you hear that the bath window is a slider now?
Old 09-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #36

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA 2016 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
There is now a Washington State owners group in the Escape forum. Add yourselves to the group!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #37

High-lift axles

Thanks Jim, that saved me an email to Reace. I'v already bothered him enough. I will however have to ask him about the new rims along with the antenna with TV ready option.
I'm having the Jack antenna with amplifier option installed in our trailer. Along with that I'm having two antenna ports put in, one in the dining and the other above the short chest of drawers.
We just finished a 3000+ miles adventure in our Casita and found that many private parks provid free TV at the power pedestal. My question; is the Escape wired for that type of input? At the antenna port, is there also a cable port? I wonder if, with the two antenna ports, will there also be tow cable ports?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #38

I got the information about the slid window direct from Reace himself on Monday the second. They've been installing the slider for about two months now with no issues.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #39
Site Team

Where is the slider window being installed?
The Jack antenna is standard in the Escape now and it will allow you to receive over the air digital tv signals, you also have a cg cable hookup on the outside of the your Escape (you will need to carry some coaxial cable) that allows you to view the cg's cable tv, you have to turn off your antenna booster, reprogram the tv to cable vs air reception and you are done.
Escape will install a splitter to allow 2 locations of your antenna and cable, just like your house has multiple locations.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #40

Where did you hear that the Jack antenna was standard? I'm getting charged extra for it, as of yesterday.