Escape 21 - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #61

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #3
Escape visit

Sounds like you had a great visit. A little different than visiting a dealership isn't it. On one of our visits, we not only talked to Kim, Tammy, and Reace, but also Tammy's father. Even though I'm sure they would like to see me leave sooner, they are very gracious and spend the time necessary to make me feel comfortable with our purchase. I just wish I could think of all my questions while I'm on-site. E-mail can take so long. It's good to know about the upper brake lights as an option. I thought they were standard like others. I also didn't think the kitchen extension was an option in the 21. Don't know that we'll need it, but it's good to know all the options available. About the cabinet Reace is working on; In our Casita we had to unload the bathroom when taking showers, except for the Marine TP holder, and all that stuff went on the table. What a mess it made. With the cabinet Reace is working on, we're hoping that will allow us to store all our toiletries there, including TP and paper towels. We also hope that we can still hang jackets and hats above while placing a trash can below. Asking a lot aren't we? Weeeer hopful!!!
Tom
TAfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #62

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
It looks as if that toilet paper holder is available at West Marine so I am going to have a look at the store here in Spokane and maybe grab one prior to our factory visit next week. Our 21 hatches in January - appreciate the information about what looks to be a very practical mod!
Old 09-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #63

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
There are three lights across the top on the 21, the ones on the ends are tail and brake lights. They operate in conjunction with the 2 lower brake/tail lights. These lights are multi-LED lights and very bright. Before the 21' came out, on the Escape 19', you only had one set of these, along the bottom where conventional lights were located. On the top were three tiny marker lights. If you ordered the bike rack option, it was suggested you also order an "extra" pair of the lights to be mounted vertically next to the rear window in the event the bikes covered the lower lights.
So ordering an extra set on the 21' will give you 6 tail/brake lights, something you may not want.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #64

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Hi Jan,
I case you aren't able to pick up the TP holder before you visit Escape, the mounting hardware was common to the standard holder in my 17B. It took me a minute to remove the old and install the new, of course, I used the same location.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #65

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Thanks! Sounds like a project even we could manage
Old 09-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #66

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
I was looking forward to having a space to hang up wet coats and a spot for the trash can but I want to see how it comes out.
Kathie, we never bring wets coats inside let alone hand them in a closet, and opt to hang them just outside the door under the awning. A good quality suction cup hook works great. Keeps them out of the way. Good for hats and lots of other stuff too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #67

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
A good quality suction cup hook works great.
I bought these at Lowe's and despite mixed reviews, I found they work great on the outside of the trailer and will hold up even a wet bath towel:

Shop interDesign 2-Pack Plastic Suction Cup Hooks at Lowes.com
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #68

Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
Whoa, I hadn't even thought of suction cup hooks for outside, that will really come in handy for a ton of our camping! Thanks!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #69

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
The 3M Command hooks work very well for this application, also, and I think they're a little stronger than suction hooks. Saw a fellow two weeks ago in Oregon who had his outside shower stall and dish washing center built up using them.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #70

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
But would they stay up outside in all modes of weather?
I use the 3M ones inside.
Outside I got some "good" suction hooks from Lee Valley Tools. They have a number of different hanging areas and I just put them in different areas of the trailer where the sun might be shining (to dry towels)
They of course don't stick to the decals, but I move them all over to different spots as needed...
Old 09-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #71

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Mine stayed up for a full week even in a downpour and they didn't slide around at all. (These are mechanical suction devices, not the "spit" kind.) They came off at the end of my stay without difficulty.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #72

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Thanks everyone! So many great ideas. There are so many decisions, hard to keep them all straight.

Thanks Jim, we were confused about the extra brake lights. We were told (or thought) that the upper row of lights were just running lights....

Tom, In our Casita we had the West Marine TP holder (loved it!), towel bars on the door and 2 large wire baskets that held toiletries on the wall. All but the TP holder were behind the shower curtain so everything stayed dry. We haven't quite figured out where we will have dry towels in the 21. We were hoping to have 1 or 2 towel bars on the bathroom door but Escape really does not want to reinforce the door because of the hinges so.. I think we just need to camp in it for a while and figure it out, just don't want to miss the opportunity to reinforce areas while it's being built.

Thanks Jim, we really like to hang wet coats inside until they dry - they don't always dry very well hanging outside in the cold and wet, I'm sure we'll figure that out too since a lot of you seem to have success with it.

Thanks Karen, I have quite the variety of suction cup hooks, I'll try the ones from Home Depot (I saw those mixed reviews too).
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:59 PM   #73

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I bought these at Lowe's and despite mixed reviews, I found they work great on the outside of the trailer and will hold up even a wet bath towel:

Shop interDesign 2-Pack Plastic Suction Cup Hooks at Lowes.com
We, too, use these hooks when traveling just about anywhere and they are fantastic. They work in hotel/cruise ship bathrooms, etc. Thanks for reminding me how great they are and I'm hitting the local Lowe's for more.
Jan
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #74

Trailer: 2001 Bigfoot 21RB/ 73Boler/Trillium 5500
I do own the prototype 21 that Reace and Tammy got their ideas from to make the Escape 21. When Reace designs something it is very well done. The new 21 is well received by the molded fiberglass crowd. I was shocked to learn from many of my friends who said they ordered a Escape 21.
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #75

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Is your BF 21 RB the prototype or do you have another unit, both your bed and bath is in the rear is it not, while the Escape's are both in the front?
Old 09-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #76

Trailer: 2001 Bigfoot 21RB/ 73Boler/Trillium 5500
To clear things up in 2012 at Bandon,Oregon, Reace and Tammy came to our trailer with a camera and tape measure. They looked the trailer over from top to bottom. They asked people questions about what they would like in a new trailer concept. Bandon 2012 was the hatching of ideas of the Escape 21.
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #77

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Chuck, knowing them I would bet they looked over lots and lots of other trailer layouts as well, then worked out what would best suit their mould.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #78
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
And Reace came on the forums here and asked people what they'd like. I see zero resemblance between a BF 21 and an Escape 21. The kitchen is even on the opposite side.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #79

Trailer: 2012- 17'B.... 2016 Tacoma SR5 TRD
I wonder if a layout "B" is in the works where the bed is moved out of view from the door way. Maybe going across the front. Or maybe a curtian rod on the ceiling around the end of the current bed position.
Just a thought.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #80

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I see zero resemblance between a BF 21 and an Escape 21.
I agree that there doesn't seem to be any direct relationship. I assume that Reace and Tammy were just getting an idea - from the Bigfoot 21 - of the space and size of interior features that would be expected of this size of trailer.

21 Foot Escape
2500 Series Travel Trailers - Bigfoot RV - Truck Campers & Travel Trailers - Recreational Vehicle Manufacturer (look at the 25B21FB for comparison)

Among other differences, the Escape is a foot narrower than the Bigfoot, and due to that size difference plus construction differences the Escape is only 2/3 of the weight of the Bigfoot.

The Escape 21 floorplan is very different from a Bigfoot 25B21FB (Front Bed). Although it is very nearly the same as a 25B21RB (Rear Bed), this is a very common RV layout - many small motorhomes have the same bed and bath configuration, for instance. There are limited number of rational ways to arrange the same components in the same size and shape of space.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote