Escape 21 - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #61

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #3
Escape visit

Sounds like you had a great visit. A little different than visiting a dealership isn't it. On one of our visits, we not only talked to Kim, Tammy, and Reace, but also Tammy's father. Even though I'm sure they would like to see me leave sooner, they are very gracious and spend the time necessary to make me feel comfortable with our purchase. I just wish I could think of all my questions while I'm on-site. E-mail can take so long. It's good to know about the upper brake lights as an option. I thought they were standard like others. I also didn't think the kitchen extension was an option in the 21. Don't know that we'll need it, but it's good to know all the options available. About the cabinet Reace is working on; In our Casita we had to unload the bathroom when taking showers, except for the Marine TP holder, and all that stuff went on the table. What a mess it made. With the cabinet Reace is working on, we're hoping that will allow us to store all our toiletries there, including TP and paper towels. We also hope that we can still hang jackets and hats above while placing a trash can below. Asking a lot aren't we? Weeeer hopful!!!
Tom

TAfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #62

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA 2016 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
It looks as if that toilet paper holder is available at West Marine so I am going to have a look at the store here in Spokane and maybe grab one prior to our factory visit next week. Our 21 hatches in January - appreciate the information about what looks to be a very practical mod!

Old 09-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #63
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
There are three lights across the top on the 21, the ones on the ends are tail and brake lights. They operate in conjunction with the 2 lower brake/tail lights. These lights are multi-LED lights and very bright. Before the 21' came out, on the Escape 19', you only had one set of these, along the bottom where conventional lights were located. On the top were three tiny marker lights. If you ordered the bike rack option, it was suggested you also order an "extra" pair of the lights to be mounted vertically next to the rear window in the event the bikes covered the lower lights.
So ordering an extra set on the 21' will give you 6 tail/brake lights, something you may not want.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #64

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 & Chevy Silverado 5.3L EcoTec
Hi Jan,
I case you aren't able to pick up the TP holder before you visit Escape, the mounting hardware was common to the standard holder in my 17B. It took me a minute to remove the old and install the new, of course, I used the same location.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #65

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA 2016 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
Thanks! Sounds like a project even we could manage
Old 09-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #66

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
I was looking forward to having a space to hang up wet coats and a spot for the trash can but I want to see how it comes out.
Kathie, we never bring wets coats inside let alone hand them in a closet, and opt to hang them just outside the door under the awning. A good quality suction cup hook works great. Keeps them out of the way. Good for hats and lots of other stuff too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #67

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
A good quality suction cup hook works great.
I bought these at Lowe's and despite mixed reviews, I found they work great on the outside of the trailer and will hold up even a wet bath towel:

Shop interDesign 2-Pack Plastic Suction Cup Hooks at Lowes.com
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #68

Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
Whoa, I hadn't even thought of suction cup hooks for outside, that will really come in handy for a ton of our camping! Thanks!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #69

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
The 3M Command hooks work very well for this application, also, and I think they're a little stronger than suction hooks. Saw a fellow two weeks ago in Oregon who had his outside shower stall and dish washing center built up using them.
2007 Norwegian Elkhound "Baxter"
santacruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #70

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
But would they stay up outside in all modes of weather?
I use the 3M ones inside.
Outside I got some "good" suction hooks from Lee Valley Tools. They have a number of different hanging areas and I just put them in different areas of the trailer where the sun might be shining (to dry towels)
They of course don't stick to the decals, but I move them all over to different spots as needed...