Escape 21 prospective owners - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2018, 08:42 AM   #21

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21'
We live in Elizabethtown, KY and would be happy for you to take a look at ours. We went with custom fabric and flooring from the vendor Escape recommended (husband has info and is out of town right now) and are very pleased with it (picked up our 21 early March of this year).
Wetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:36 AM   #22

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
We just sold our 2010 Escape 19 and have ordered a new 21. We have discussed choosing a custom fabric for our new trailer just for a change after spending 4 months living in it every year for 8 years...however, we have decided to go with the standard fabric because it is nearly bulletproof...has been washed many times and when we sold it still looked new.
sprinkledavid@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:28 PM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21 - "Here We Go Again"
Thanks to all that have replied. We did have the opportunity to view a 21'and are really impressed. Now comes the fun part - deciding the options!
gwvwadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:32 PM   #24

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Factory upholstery

We had a 2010 19ft. Escape trlr and lived in it for 4 months every year since it was new. We just sold it to order a new 21 ft. Escape with factory upholstery because the fabric could be carefully washed and looked like new when we sold it. No visible thread wear or color fading...a good factory choice if you are not opposed to the color print.
sprinkledavid@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:13 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
here's a somewhat sloppily spliced 'photosphere' from the inside of my 21..
https://photos.app.goo.gl/IPtVeJqWMbMQofNg1

you might need to click on it, then click on it again to get it into photosphere mode (and give it a half minute to download trhe full res sphere), then drag it around and up and down.

we love the trailer but my wife hates the fabric and plans to recover it.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:35 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
That is wild, I like it.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:41 PM   #27

While we are talking about prospective owners, can anyone with a 2ndG Escape 21 give me the measurements of the standard closet interior. I'm trying to decide on having shelves installed by the factory vs what I have on hand here at home. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:19 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
I purchased the Husky Centerline TS. Sorry Fred, but I feel it is a better WDH with 4 point anti-sway and cheaper to boot!
1[/url]

No worries. I had never owned a WDH and had no clue what to buy and how to install it. I figured I would leave it to the experts at ETI to get it done for me. Not to mention the exchange rate made it less. Let’s just call the difference in price as opportunity cost.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:00 PM   #29
Site Team

our 1st gen E21 has shelves. I'm in the habit of packing up to about a weeks clothes in a duffel bag, so I can put about half that on one shelve, and keep the duffel bag under the bed, and my wife can have the other shelves.

the closet is 36.5" tall (inside, the face overhangs about an inch top and bottom), and the shelves are 21" wide x 24" deep, ours has the bottom plus 2 shelves, for 3 storage spaces of about 21x24x11.

as I wear no clothes that would need hanging (levis, short or longsleeve t-shirts, flannel shirt and/or sweater are my normal wear), this suits me just fine. If for some reason I need grownup dressy clothes, they'd stay on a hanger in the back seat of the truck. otherwise a fleece patagonia jacket or sweater suits me just fine for going out.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:47 AM   #30

Thanks John....hopefully the same size in the 2ndG models?
Old 06-06-2018, 09:35 AM   #31

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
We had the standard upholstery in our 19' and my one complaint was that I couldn't turn the end cushion to get consistent wear. No matter how you try to avoid it, people tend to sit on the edge of the seat and that creates a breakdown of the foam and material if it can't be turned (and with a somewhat 'striped' material, it's noticeable IMHO). Our next trailer will have custom, patterned (no stripes) fabric and a full wrap. Since the underlayment is wood, I'm also planning hypervent or something similar to avoid snags.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:58 AM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
We had the standard upholstery in our 19' and my one complaint was that I couldn't turn the end cushion to get consistent wear. No matter how you try to avoid it, people tend to sit on the edge of the seat and that creates a breakdown of the foam and material if it can't be turned (and with a somewhat 'striped' material, it's noticeable IMHO). Our next trailer will have custom, patterned (no stripes) fabric and a full wrap. Since the underlayment is wood, I'm also planning hypervent or something similar to avoid snags.
The original cushion foam is lower quality and will eventually collapse as you noticed. Upgrade to a higher density foam in the seat cushions and problem solved, at least for a much longer time. We had 2 seat cushions done at a foam place and it came to about $170. Much more comfortable than original foam and should hold its shape for years.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #33

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwinkp View Post
tdf TEXAS-hello-we live in Midlothian, TX 25 miles south of Dallas and our pickup date for our 21' is 9-13-18! Noticed your tow vehicle is a Tundra-we just purchased a 2017 Tundra 4X4 and currently working on build sheet.
-Did you purchase the E2 Fastway? Really would appreciate some advice on what I need to add onto my build sheet for this particular vehicle.
Thanks! Bobby VanWinkle
We live in Carrollton, just north of Dallas, (when not on the road). We pull our 2017 21 with a 2017 Tundra using a regular hitch and anti-sway bar. We have Super Springs on the Tundra because we carry a generator above the propane tanks and our hitch weight is a little over 700 lbs. The super springs work very well and reduce the rear end sag to about an inch. We have towed about 12,000 miles and are very pleased with the handling of this combination.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:26 PM   #34

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Oldman View Post
ETI can provide you with a dimensioned floor plan that lists the cabinet depths and with a little math you can figure approximate dimensions.

I can't speak to the standard upholstery as we went custom and purchased from Sailrite.com.

With regard to viewing a 21', 2018 model, Martha and I will be camping at INDIAN BOUNDARY campground, CHEROKEE, TN from July 2 through July 8th and would be willing to let you take a look.

Regards - Dan
The floor plans for each trailer together with measurements are now available on line under that layouts section for each trailer. Here is the link to that for the 21.http://escapetrailer.com/wp-content/...asurements.pdf
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:31 PM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris & Patricia View Post
The floor plans for each trailer together with measurements are now available on line under that layouts section for each trailer. Here is the link to that for the 21.http://escapetrailer.com/wp-content/...asurements.pdf
I wish they'd date those things, as I'm sure there have been changes over the years.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:00 AM   #36
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
I wish they'd date those things, as I'm sure there have been changes over the years.
Well, you kinda can. If you look at the properties of the 21' trailer PDF, you'd find it was created 8/4/2017, then modified 10/23/17 by Joldie Hayes and created in Microsoft Word 2016.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote