Escape Oven vs Toaster Oven - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-01-2017, 01:15 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
It really depends on how much baking you plan to do & how often you camp with hookups. In my case, one of the main reasons for switching from my current 17B to a 21 I'll be picking up in the fall is a gas oven (the others are a built in microwave & a full time 4 person dinette).

I currently carry a large toaster oven (a Crusinart TOB 155) but can only use it with hookups. I do lots of dry camping, have a 1000 watt inverter that will run the microwave (which I have to dig out from under the bed each time I want to use it), but not the toaster oven. I have a propane powered Dutch oven (used with a Volcano Grill), but setting that up for a quick meal doesn't happen. While the toaster oven works great, I've had pretty poor results baking my Blueberry Pies in the Dutch oven. So, that's my story!
We have had an oven in camper then no oven in the Casita and so after having both set ups we decided to definitely have an oven in our new 21.I have to admit I like the option of using the oven if I want too .Especially when we hit the road for extended trips we like to have the ability to use an oven.
William Pittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:55 PM   #22

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
I have a 17B on order so the oven wasn't an option. I mostly dry camp and cook over the fire whenever I can. Don't take a BBQ.

However, I'm thinking a small toaster oven will be fine for me when I do have hookups. But I wanted the option of maybe being able to bake a little something without hookups, I ordered the "Omnia Stovetop Oven". It's made in Germany and seems to have good reviews, and it's small. I haven't used it yet, but I'm looking forward to trying it out this summer. I got it online from a place called "Seadog Solutions". Sorry - don't know how to post a link.

Do you mean this?

https://www.amazon.com/Omnia-Oven-st.../dp/B000YLJQ5U

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 02:51 AM   #23

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Yes, that's the one. Unfortunately, Amazon.com wouldn't ship it to Canada, and Amazon.ca didn't carry it.
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:52 AM   #24

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
They say they ship to Canada:

https://seadogboatingsolutions.com/o...-top-oven.html
drjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 01:31 PM   #25

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I'd get the oven. I say this because I have a toaster oven and I know if I want to take it along in my Escape (which has no oven) I have to find a place for it. I'd be more likely to use an oven if I had an oven. On the other hand- you can do a ton with a toaster oven; it makes better toast than an oven, but the bigger ones can do everything from pizza to pies- and on a hot day you can plug it in outside instead of heating up the trailer.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:34 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Send a message via MSN to Vancouvergibsons Send a message via Skype™ to Vancouvergibsons
We've had one in our last 2 trailers and have ordered one in the 21 ft on order. They are not as uniform as a large oven but a heat distribution metal disc on the bottom of the stove really helps solve that. Additionally, the oven is good storage for frying pans and other cookie sheets that we we have bought to fit in the oven. Definitely would give it a thumbs up.
Vancouvergibsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:04 PM   #27

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouvergibsons View Post
We've had one in our last 2 trailers and have ordered one in the 21 ft on order. They are not as uniform as a large oven but a heat distribution metal disc on the bottom of the stove really helps solve that. Additionally, the oven is good storage for frying pans and other cookie sheets that we we have bought to fit in the oven. Definitely would give it a thumbs up.
Also a pizza stone . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #28
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
Yes, that's the one. Unfortunately, Amazon.com wouldn't ship it to Canada, and Amazon.ca didn't carry it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Also a pizza stone . Pat
Kathy (of Dave&Kathy) swears by Airbake cooking sheets in theirs. She has been spotted distributing fresh-baked goodies in the morning at rallies. Usually Donna D is parked nearby..........

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:46 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Kathy (of Dave&Kathy) swears by Airbake cooking sheets in theirs. She has been spotted distributing fresh-baked goodies in the morning at rallies. Usually Donna D is parked nearby..........
We will give that try too . Thankyou Charley , Pat
Old 04-02-2017, 07:57 PM   #30
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
I love these "need an oven, don't need an oven" threads. I say "camp next to someone with an oven!" Yep, Kathie has given me hot breakfast pastries in the early morning for many years. I SCORED
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:42 PM   #31

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Djrp, I ordered from Seadog. Amazon.com wouldn't ship to Canada.
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:51 PM   #32

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Quote:
Yep - I love my oven and Donna talked me in to it so she (and Dave) reap the rewards, seems fair. I got the 3 piece Airbake set - 2 of them fit in the oven (the other I keep at home). Just put them under any of your regular pans and they work like a charm. The pizza stone seemed to be just a little too much. https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...+cookie+sheets

Happy baking!
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:57 PM   #33

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
I' m working right now on our Build Sheet and thinking about an oven. Our best camping buddies have had a built-in for years and wouldn't want to do without it. They bake frozen lasagna,pot pies and garlic bread. We haven't ever had an oven and haven't missed it up to this point. This thread got me thinking about baking cookies and desserts, but we don't need the calories and I don't really want to cook much anymore. After all, I'm retired! It's more our style to search out and patronize restaurants in the area. The cooking I normally do can all be done on the cooktop or the grill. AND I love the idea of those two drawers I get if I don't get an oven. If, as our camping style changes, I find a need for an oven, I can always get a toaster oven. One more decision made for me. Thanks!

"It is better to travel well than to arrive" - Buddha
Ljswany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:21 PM   #34

Trailer: 2017 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouvergibsons View Post
"...heat distribution metal disc on the bottom of the stove...". Is that a built in feature or did you buy it separately?
--Gary
DisplacedYoopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:43 AM   #35

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplacedYoopers View Post
"...heat distribution metal disc on the bottom of the stove...". Is that a built in feature or did you buy it separately?
--Gary

You have to add this on your own.
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:51 PM   #36

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
Yep - I love my oven and Donna talked me in to it so she (and Dave) reap the rewards, seems fair. I got the 3 piece Airbake set - 2 of them fit in the oven (the other I keep at home). Just put them under any of your regular pans and they work like a charm. The pizza stone seemed to be just a little too much. https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...+cookie+sheets

Happy baking!
Mmm. We had biscuits with our eggs & bacon & hash browns this morning, at the Bluebonnet Casita Rally in Bandera Texas. Donna didn't talk me into it, but the anecdotal evidence she shared about yours was comforting after I had signed our build sheet (spent the money).
Old 04-21-2017, 02:29 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
Mmm. We had biscuits with our eggs & bacon & hash browns this morning, at the Bluebonnet Casita Rally in Bandera Texas. Donna didn't talk me into it, but the anecdotal evidence she shared about yours was comforting after I had signed our build sheet (spent the money).
Nothing like having the oven already set up , just light it and cook , rain or shine . Pat