Escapes in Lake Havasu City Az ? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-15-2019, 05:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 17B Escape, 2018 Off Grid Trailer
Escapes in Lake Havasu City Az ?

Would a Location in Lake Havasu City Az help you with your Escape Purchase? It may come true! Getting Closer.
Lead Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:30 AM   #2

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
AZ Escapse Dlr??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Dog View Post
Would a Location in Lake Havasu City Az help you with your Escape Purchase? It may come true! Getting Closer.
My wife saw a thread on FB re the "possible ETI move into AZ"..and a 'possible' new floor pln for the 21 and a 'possible '23 footer'. It sure wd be nice to not have to drive all the way to Canada to P/U the new trailer..we have close relatives in AZ who we wd like to visit anyways. Anyone know the scoop on AZ
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:38 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
My wife saw a thread on FB re the "possible ETI move into AZ"..and a 'possible' new floor pln for the 21 and a 'possible '23 footer'. It sure wd be nice to not have to drive all the way to Canada to P/U the new trailer..we have close relatives in AZ who we wd like to visit anyways. Anyone know the scoop on AZ
Morning, Yes the 17' is on the way to Lake Havasu City, Correct! I think we will end up with a 19' Pretty soon also and you will always be able to Order direct with a LHC Az Delivery fee! We will talk soon about shipping the trailers down in the same Fashion that I ship my Off Grid trailers down! but the whole idea is to make it easier for in state sales!
Old 08-18-2019, 12:25 AM   #4

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Question Lhc az???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Dog View Post
Morning, Yes the 17' is on the way to Lake Havasu City, Correct! I think we will end up with a 19' Pretty soon also and you will always be able to Order direct with a LHC Az Delivery fee! We will talk soon about shipping the trailers down in the same Fashion that I ship my Off Grid trailers down! but the whole idea is to make it easier for in state sales!
What gives? Is ETI expanding into the USA..finally? Heck we wd surely seriously consider getting our recently-ordered '21 at a spot in AZ, as compared to driving all the way North to BC from TN... WE have relatives in AZ who we'd sure like to see on the way too. How can we find out about AZ?
.we are not even going to pick up our 21 until end of April primarily bks of the weather "up there" and all. We are GOING THRU "CAMPING WITHDRAWL" BKS WE JUST SOLD OUR CASITA..AND must wait 9 months!! ;-)
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:11 AM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
.we are not even going to pick up our 21 until end of April primarily bks of the weather "up there" and all.

The weather up here is pretty much the same as Washington state and Oregon. Your problem is the mid-west.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:06 AM   #6

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I say pick your window, make your way wherever you need to go. Get the trailer and start back. Many folks have picked up in the dead of winter. If you have to hove to for a couple of days it will be part of the memory. The world doesn’t stop for snow but they do close the Interstate once in a while.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-18-2019, 07:14 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I say pick your window, make your way wherever you need to go. Get the trailer and start back. Many folks have picked up in the dead of winter. If you have to hove to for a couple of days it will be part of the memory. The world doesn’t stop for snow but they do close the Interstate once in a while.
Iowa Dave
I noticed that several times. On the western side of the big river, they have gates on the interstates to close and and signs warning drivers not to go around or be penalized if stranded. Here on the eastern side of the big river, the interstates are the best routes to take as they are well maintained in snowy weather to keep them open. The side roads may be impassable, but by golly the interstate is plowed and open. Complete opposite from the other side of the big river.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:21 AM   #8

We’ve got gates in the interstates here in Iowa and they use them when necessary. I would rather wait for plowing and snow removal this far north than try to skirt it to the south , say Missouri and Kansas’s and get into black ice. especially at night or in a low light situation.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-18-2019, 09:20 AM   #9

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
We’ve got gates in the interstates here in Iowa and they use them when necessary. I would rather wait for plowing and snow removal this far north than try to skirt it to the south , say Missouri and Kansas’s and get into black ice. especially at night or in a low light situation.
Iowa Dave
Funny, when we travel to Iowa in the winter we always seem to run into black ice. Last January we hit Des Moines about two hours after they reopened 35. The ditches were filled with cars and trucks who didn't have the brains to stay off of the glare ice roads.

OTOH, yes, it happens in Minnesota too, especially where we live in southern Minnesota. When we lived in central Minnesota (Ashby) it rarely happened.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 08-18-2019, 10:08 AM   #10

In the ditch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
Funny, when we travel to Iowa in the winter we always seem to run into black ice. Last January we hit Des Moines about two hours after they reopened 35. The ditches were filled with cars and trucks who didn't have the brains to stay off of the glare ice roads.

OTOH, yes, it happens in Minnesota too, especially where we live in southern Minnesota. When we lived in central Minnesota (Ashby) it rarely happened.

Enjoy,

Perry
I think the incidence of black ice at least in central Iowa has increased over the years as the climate warms. We rarely heard the term when I was younger but now all the time. Regardless, the number of cars in the ditch has increased over the years because people drive too fast for conditions, take chances they should not take, and lack some skills needed when conditions are less than ideal. That said, there are often weeks and weeks of clear roads in the winter where roads are clean and dry.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-16-2019, 05:17 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape 19
Question

Quote:
I think the incidence of black ice at least in central Iowa has increased over the years as the climate warms. We rarely heard the term when I was younger but now all the time. Regardless, the number of cars in the ditch has increased over the years because people drive too fast for conditions, take chances they should not take, and lack some skills needed when conditions are less than ideal. That said, there are often weeks and weeks of clear roads in the winter where roads are clean and dry.
Iowa Dave
We pick up our Escape 19 next March 23rd. Think I'll have weather issues traveling back to California in late March? Curious.

Steve
SHolderfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:34 PM   #12

Mean temp for Chilliwack last year at that time was about 50 F.
You can look up historical weather here:
Daily Data Report for March 2018 - Climate - Environment and Climate Change Canada
Old 09-16-2019, 05:53 PM   #13

Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17. Looking for something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHolderfield View Post
We pick up our Escape 19 next March 23rd. Think I'll have weather issues traveling back to California in late March? Curious.

Steve
The Siskiyou summit could be a problem, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. The road conditions and weather forecasts are all available on the web and they are updated many times a day.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:03 PM   #14

While it’s not always possible to predict conditions that may develop, it is possible to keep close tabs on weather and road conditions up ahead. That makes it possible to alter the route as needed. Most important is the ability to budget enough time that you can lay over until roads are cleared and safe again. While we have snow and sometimes a lot of snow in March in Iowa once the storm goes past, road crews open the roads and the intensity of the sun dries the roads in hours where in December, January and February it takes much longer. If you give it a try, one thing you can do is when you stop for gas, stop in truck stops and ask drivers about the roads coming from your intended direction and route. Use your head and take your time, easy does it.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-16-2019, 08:35 PM   #15

Well I am in the middle of the greatest weather in Az so? I 🤔 If you want to work it out we can chat it up probably!
Old 09-16-2019, 11:24 PM   #16

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHolderfield View Post

Steve

You could.
Assuming your route is I-5:

Rain could be likely in WA and OR.
Snow is possible around Siskiyou Summit (4310 ft.) (near OR/CA border), but you can wait out the storm, and then follow all the truckers the next day.
To check road and weather conditions:
Washington: https://www.wsdot.com/traffic/trafficalerts/

Oregon: https://www.tripcheck.com/
Calif: https://roads.dot.ca.gov/

Weather: NOAA: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...&lon=-123.0885
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:40 PM   #17

Odds are good for travel. If it does snow, you'd be hard pressed to make a snow cone.
This chart is from Wiki for 2018. It appears they have F and C mixed up, but you get the gist.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 9.38.40 PM.jpg  
Old 09-17-2019, 04:42 AM   #18

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
As Lead Dog mentions, Arizona is an alternate Escape pick up location...
Old 09-17-2019, 06:44 AM   #19

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
You could.
Assuming your route is I-5:

Rain could be likely in WA and OR.
Snow is possible around Siskiyou Summit (4310 ft.) (near OR/CA border), but you can wait out the storm, and then follow all the truckers the next day.
To check road and weather conditions:
Washington: https://www.wsdot.com/traffic/trafficalerts/

Oregon: https://www.tripcheck.com/
Calif: https://roads.dot.ca.gov/

Weather: NOAA: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...&lon=-123.0885

If the Suskiyou pass is bad headed south you can also cross west over to 101 and bypass all that continuing south into northern Cali. Plus, it’s pretty along the coast.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:57 AM   #20

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
If it does snow, do they not clear it right away allowing for traffic to continue? That seems like a low altitude and late in the year for snow, is this a problem this far into spring?

Just curious, as trailers get towed across Canada on a regular basis at higher altitudes in the dead of winter with a few occasions of waiting for heavy snow to be cleared.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote