Fabrics and Formica - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2015, 04:43 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 19' Escape "On the Lam"
We had Sunbrella fabric on some custom cushions in our Casita and it was great! We went with the stock fabric in the Escape and to protect the upholstery, I bought some brown cotton knit crib sheets (on the suggestion from friend Jen). They work really well and wash with the towels, if needed. Fitted crib sheets w/ elastic all around, 28" x 52" x 9", start at about $14.00 and for us, it was a good purchase. We christened them with some spillage the first couple of days! When we do take the terriers, the sheets will keep hairs and dirt off the cushions. I do know, though, that the stock fabric holds up well, based on the testimony of several friends who are Escape owners. I want to protect the cushions from our messier moments--but by golly, I draw the line at plastic covers!:^)
oldclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:12 PM   #42

Trailer: Escape 19 2016
I love your fabric! Could you tell me what the name of the formica is? We are going with the blue version of the fabric - Astoria Lagoon - this formica looks like a fit for that color as well.
dayshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:17 PM   #43
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
It's called Metal Sun. It has been discontinued. If it were me, I'd go with something lighter to complement the Astoria Lagoon.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:56 PM   #44

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Picking the fabric and Formica has to be the most challenging thing for us so far. Seeing everyone's contributions here and in the build pics has really been helpful. We've received 8 Sunbrella samples and collected about 50 Formica samples so far and it is surprising what occurs with those when you receive them. FYI, I'm repeating the recommendation you get samples of everything. Several samples have been significantly different in color than what you view on the websites.
I think we are almost there on our choices and hope to order them in the next week. We'll most likely order from Georgian Bay in Ontario as they are same price as US Sunbrella, but you get the exchange rate and it is shipping within CA.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:55 AM   #45

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 " June Bug"
I like the ashen ceramic formica; granite seems to be not as popular these days and long term I might avoid. Milano fabric, what are you putting on floor??
crnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 03:58 PM   #46

Build sheet due Sept 1, so we've been busy ordering fabric, formica, and vinyl flooring samples.

Finally decided on our fabric and ordered it today.
Going with Sunbrella Dupione Deep Sea and ordered it from Outdoor Fabrics Canada. Got 31% on the exchange rate when we used our Mastercard and shipping UPS inside CA so no duty, etc.

Just got the vinyl flooring samples which has narrowed it down to 3 choices on the formica so we should have those decisions soon.

Thanks to everyone's input on these threads and the Friday build pics we've had a pretty good decision process so far on the fabric and formica.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:54 AM   #47

Trailer: Wannabe
Soooo many years ago I made Sunbrella pillows and cushions for all the seating on my covered porch. Kids spilled stuff on them, smeared chocolate pie on them, husband slopped red wine on them, birds pooped on them. They machine washed and dried beautifully, and lasted about 15 years. If needed, I even pressed them with a warm iron. The stuff is wonderful. And it has a very nice feel.
llfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #48

Wow that's a testimony to the fabric. We ordered the vinyl flooring from Pioneer in Chilliwack yesterday. The folks at Pioneer were really awesome to work with. Just waiting on one formica sample to finish that decision and we should have our build sheet ready to sign and turn in.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:50 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Follow any of the all-molded towable forums, you'll find replacement for foam and fabrics can cost (easily) $1,500.

Those on the Casita Forum KNOW where Casita manufacturing has the upholstery work done. IF you're a new Casita buyer and want custom upholstery work done... go ahead. You get ZERO credit from Casita.

Grateful Ten Forward has MY custom upholstery and it cost me $100 plus the cost of the upholstery. SWEET!

BTW: upholstery (the good stuff) patterns are typically only good for a YEAR, then they're discontinued. I Found THAT out.

When I ordered the fabric for Ten Forward, I ordered 20 YARDS, waaay more than needed. But, I love it and expect to love it ten years + from now and if something needs to be replaced, I'm ready...
Donna D.,

Are there pictures available of your upholstery? I'd love to see it! I read on some thread that yours was a favorite, but I can't find any photos!
Old 08-16-2015, 05:29 PM   #50

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Donna's upholstery: It's Friday, post #585.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:43 PM   #51
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
Donna's upholstery: It's Friday, post #585.
Thanks Mary!

I spent MONTHS, absolutely MONTHS trying to find the perfect fabric for ME. Kathie (Dave&Kathie) was a HUGE supporter. She and I personally visited every-single-fabric store in PDX and THEN Google Oh My Stars...

It's all about YOU and your wants/needs. I found mine, I hope you find yours...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:07 PM   #52

Thanks, Mary and Donna!

Gorgeous interiors, ladies! I cannot wait! I made it through page 63 on It's Friday! Learn something at least every other page.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:27 PM   #53

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Formica, I was not excited about the available Formica samples in the box stores. Went to the Formica web site into the business section. The business section had a much wider selection than the homeowners section. They shipped several times from Quebec to Vancouver by UPS. Samples & shipping were free and arrived in two days! Good service!
Tom W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 01:32 PM   #54

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Fabric, had fabric shipped from Fabric.com. It cost $30 for shipping and arrived in three days from eastern U.S. to Vancouver, BC. No duties but Canadian/BC sales taxes. We also got a 20% off coupon on our first order. Happy with Fabric.com!
Tom W is offline   Reply With Quote