Factory visit on 2/1/16 & Stove Cover - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2016, 07:30 PM   #1

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Factory visit on 2/1/16 & Stove Cover

I got the scoop from Sarah today when I went up there to hand over payment in full for our trailer.

This is regarding the issue of me being told almost 3 weeks ago that we had to get the stove cover and others stating they're not getting it. Sarah thought it had to be included for safety reasons, but after we were up there she received new information, due to another customer's order for their trailer.

IF ETI is supplying the stove cover, they HAVE to install it for the above mentioned reason. So, if you want the stove cover, they have to put it on.

However, if you don't want it, they will not provide it, which means they do not have to install it. So, if you say you don't want the cover, no worries. You're not going to get it nor will you have to remove it later.

There isn't any credit given if you don't get the cover.

So, thanks to those that mentioned they weren't getting it and how come I was saying you had to get it. Now we know! Sarah updated our build sheet to reflect that and there wasn't an additional charge even though it had already been signed off on.

Other stuff:

Saw a cute 17 trailer that was all completed. Actually two 17's in a row outside. One with orange graphics and I forget the other (red? - don't quote me on that). I only saw them from the outside as they were in the "do not cross this line" area.

Be wary of rotties with gas! Holy cow! Two of 'em in the office and one right next to my feet. I thought my cat was bad!

They don't know when the ordering dates will be for the 21' and 5.0TA trailers. The 17 & 19's have already been posted (June 1st).

Sarah said she didn't know what any new options or standards would be as Reace was still trying to figure them out. If anyone has ordered an option that becomes a standard and they switch to the new version, they'll look at the build sheet prices and adjust accordingly.

If you switch to the new version after the order date has been announced for your size, you won't lose your place in line. If your trailer is due before that date and you want the new version, you'll get into a new queue for that, which has already been stated. Which means other trailers will advance up the queue so some of us might be getting our trailers even earlier than expected, so we might get ours even earlier than the 3 month advancement she told me before! YAY! But, I won't do the happy dance until I get official notice from them.

They are looking at new flooring, countertop and fabric, but haven't made any decisions there. As in, it might or might not be changed. She said far more people get custom of those than folks sticking with their stock materials. Jackie at Pioneer said she hasn't seen which sample they took, but she's really curious.

Since they're still trying to decide on options/standards, I didn't ask if the electric awning would be an option or standard. I also asked if they're going to frameless windows if they would be thermal and she didn't know (or isn't supposed to say!).

Yep, we get to wait until March 24th (I think that was the date Reace stated) to find out more. And they need to get some answers from their suppliers and all that.

The plan is to have all 4 models of the new versions of the trailers, complete with any new standards, ready for viewing at the Rally.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:48 PM   #2

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Wow ...going to be an exciting rally ! You ask good questions .
Old 02-04-2016, 07:51 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Imagine. Having to keep four trailers tidy.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:01 PM   #4

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Imagine .....it is barely Feb ...and having to wait till Dec for that trailer .....
I wonder how many attendees there will be with a 4 trailer unveiling ....... we're all excited to see and we don't even have the least inclination to upsize ....
Old 02-04-2016, 09:04 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
I just got a big chuckle about the rotties with gas as the same thing happened while we were there in Sept. 2014. The dogs started to "break wind" and Tammy had to shoo them out. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:28 PM   #6

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
Wow ...going to be an exciting rally ! You ask good questions .
Thanks!

And, pooh, I could tell I was tired after all that driving. I actually went up there today, which is the 4th, not the 1st that I typed out. Stupid numbers and fingers not matching up with the brain.

I had a whole list of questions but didn't ask all of them as I was getting lots of "I don't know" answers. Which is fine. I realize they're still trying to figure it out.

Also, the stuff I wrote, it's not set in stone since they're still trying to figure things out, so if things change, don't go bashing me over the head if you ever meet me.

I'll also add that I grabbed one of the 2016 calendars off the lobby table. Some nice photos in there! Congrats to everyone that got their trailer/picture in there. Whether it's a big photo or a small one at the bottom of the page.

Pretty soon I'll have one to start snapping photos of!
Old 02-04-2016, 09:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Imagine. Having to keep four trailers tidy.
Parcel them out to folks that will keep it tidy and show it off to others. and not need much sleep as everyone and their brother and sister and kid and dog and .... will want to see it.

Hey, just a suggestion. I'd do it as we won't have a trailer by then.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
I just got a big chuckle about the rotties with gas as the same thing happened while we were there in Sept. 2014. The dogs started to "break wind" and Tammy had to shoo them out. Loren
OMG!!! It's happened every time we've been there. I don't know what those dogs are fed, but holy cow!

If Dirk was like that we might be speaking to a lawyer! Or separate households!

I made sure I wore clothes that could be tossed in the washer as soon as I got home, just in case the odor lingered.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:47 PM   #9

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Well, they are guard dogs.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:55 AM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Be wary of rotties with gas! Holy cow! Two of 'em in the office and one right next to my feet. I thought my cat was bad!
The German Shepherd there didn't have gas when we visited, but he did want to make our little dog Coco an Hors d'oeuvre.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:36 AM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
So I guess if you have dogs with you it is best to leave them at the hotel/motel....
Old 02-09-2016, 09:06 AM   #12

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
I have a question about the stove cover. We are getting the two burner stainless steel stove. Does the two burner come with a cover and if we get the cover how hard is it to remove? Is it attached to the back of the stove or to the counter top? I like Myron's cutting board / serving tray modification, but it might be a while till I get around to making one.
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:25 AM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I heard that.

Little PS story: when for unknown reasons last year my left burner went rogue and I couldn't turn it off before it melted the left knob, the mfg. sent me a replacement knob that was... bigger. Meaning, also taller, which meant my tray/stove cover I made now didn't sit flat. (Yes I did give them the correct parts number.)
Old 02-09-2016, 11:13 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCamper View Post
I have a question about the stove cover. We are getting the two burner stainless steel stove. Does the two burner come with a cover and if we get the cover how hard is it to remove? Is it attached to the back of the stove or to the counter top? I like Myron's cutting board / serving tray modification, but it might be a while till I get around to making one.
I would ask ETI about that directly. It was a bit confusing for me, so you'd better get it from the horse's mouth, so to speak.