few (ok 13) questions about 21’ Escape (2017) build sheet - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-05-2016, 02:32 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmalk View Post
But before running out and buying more "stuff", go camping first and see what you really need. Alan
Best advice ever on this forum. Period.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:13 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
My usual advice is to put it all on during the initial build as it is difficult or expensive to add a lot of these options later. And I guess you really appreciate what you get and don't miss what you don't have. One thing we haven't used yet is the exterior gas line. We bought a Weber grill and after using it decided to stick with the little propane bottles as we take it out to our deck to grill. But we are getting one of those gas fire pits, so will be using it for that. We like the cubbies. It was one of the first things that Cathy wanted when she saw them. The u-shaped dinette was one of the hardest and back and forth decisions we made. Finally went with it as we like the finished look in the rear, but also there is just the two of us. A hydraulic pedestal is one major change coming up. I appreciate the exterior light on the driver's side as have been in the dark more than once. A light over the storage box would be handy for after dark but I wouldn't leave it on. Good luck with your choices and it is a lot to think about. I breathed a big sigh of relief when the build sheet went in. And if you factor in the exchange rate as it stands today, it puts all of these options on sale.

We looked at the Casitas but decided that we wanted a little more room. And at 6' the extra headroom is really appreciated. Loren

Hello LA,

Like Loren we have yet to use our exterior propane in the two years of owning our trailer. We also use the small weber with the small propane canisters. We also use our little red campfire on quick overnight stops with an additional 20# canister that we throw in the back of the truck. I don’t know if we will ever use it. If Escape ever comes out with a Super Duper 5.0 TA, there are only two changes that I would make:

1) No exterior gas line. Don’t use it like I thought we would. It kind of sticks out a little and is sort of exposed to road debris.
2) A 12-volt exterior plug next to the 120 Volt. Tammy mentioned this to me when we were finalizing our build sheet, should have done this. I plan on installing one this spring for an endless breeze 12 volt fan to keep the mosquitos down while sitting under the awing with a nice Malbec.

Everyone here has his or her own style of camping/travel. I had just as much fun with the build sheet as I have had with our trailer. Enjoy, Scott

Scott, Lori and Fritz the melting arctic ice Schnauzer
AK snowbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:26 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
We have an exterior light on the front which we are very glad to have and another at the back due to having camped in deep woods. Glad to have them but the cost was mostly in the Escape install, so you need to ask, including for a switch inside. We use them a short time when at a campsite with others around (one of us wants them on quite a bit) and then we turn them off at night. They are good for going back and forth to the car and not bumping into the hitch. If no one is around, we will keep them on at night as they are motion detectors. We wanted the back one for hanging clothes on lines at back bumper which we would do about every night in the past. Also have used the lights at storage at night.

Insulation and thermal windows are a must to us and apparently to many buyers, including for re-sale, for an improvement regarding condensation. They help in heat and cold and I expect noise, too, and we also have the foam spray on the bottom for more insulation. We expect to be in below freezing weather once in a while.

The foot flush (not foot fish as the spellchecker put!) would be a big help when using a wand on the black tank. We have the regular as neither of us wanted the foot flush the rest of the time.

No one will likely bump into your trailer as it will be back on your site in most cases so that is not any concern we would have. The tow vehicle is usually in front depending on the site. With boondocking though, no telling.

We have the dual water heater and always use the electric when plugged in at a campsite. We turn it on and off morning and evening. The water stays hot many hours usually.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote