Finalizing build sheet for Jan 25...hoping we will go forward! - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-14-2018, 08:10 PM   #41

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCamper View Post
1. I think we'll go with 3 burners so we have the distance from the edge of the counter as burn insurance. We'll be able to use the back two burners and the safety is priceless.

2. Getting it!

3. May get one table. What do you use yours for? Do you have the stock dinette or u shaped?

5. We'll likely put the shower on the driver's side so we don't have to police mud creation. My one concern is that we'll wish we had a foot washing station close to the door.

8. Going with the Maxxfan upgrade.

The 5.0 we viewed today had a custom sink that looked about perfect size, and I have a hard time imagining a smaller sink. Does anyone have the dimensions of the stock sink? Are you happy with it? Are you a big cooker?

Also, does anyone with the 21' feel the need for the kitchen counter extension? The 5.0 had one today, but the kitchen counter is 11" shorter than the 21'.

They also had a Wi-Fi and a cellphone booster. As my husband hopes to travel and work, maybe we should consider sending those in to be installed as well?
We have the kitchen counter extension in our 21 and can't imagine being without it. Mainly use it as the staging area for dirty dishes while the main counter area is reserved for the freshly washed dishes.

Cell phone booster antenna (BoatAnt) was mounted by ETI during the build but we use a Ubiquity NanoStation for wifi. It can be used inside the trailer or inside the truck if we need to drive to town to access a public wifi. I wouldn't permanently mount a wifi booster in the trailer for that reason.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:52 PM   #42

Trailer: 21' 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post

Cell phone booster antenna (BoatAnt) was mounted by ETI during the build but we use a Ubiquity NanoStation for wifi. It can be used inside the trailer or inside the truck if we need to drive to town to access a public wifi. I wouldn't permanently mount a wifi booster in the trailer for that reason.
Ah OK. So is there a reason to mount a cell phone booster antenna versus keep it free like the Wi-Fi booster? Does it need the height or the handwriting? (Note: I don't know anything about either!)
SouthernCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #43

The BoatAnt that I found seems to be for internet, but I'll keep looking. Are you happy with the performance of yours?

Is this something that I need to have to ETI by Jan 25, our build sheet date?
Old 01-14-2018, 09:15 PM   #44

Quote:
The BoatAnt that I found seems to be for internet, but I'll keep looking. Are you happy with the performance of yours?

Is this something that I need to have to ETI by Jan 25, our build sheet date?
The BoatAnt is just an antenna that can be used with lots of different devices. You would also need the actual cell booster that would connect to the antenna. We had the BoatAnt mounted near the driver side dinette window with the cable coming into the storage cabinet above the window. Then we just attach the booster to the cable when needed and it is powered from a 12VDC outlet mounted on the refrigerator wall. ETI would need it before they actually start the build. It seems to work well but we haven't needed to use it very much. Most places we have camped have had decent cell coverage.

The Ubiquity allows you to scan for nearby wifi stations and you can pick the strongest signal and lock to it. I have no idea how that would be accomplished via the BoatAnt since it is only an antenna. You would need some kind of booster for that also. The Ubiquity is the whole package.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:17 PM   #45

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
I wouldn't permanently mount a wifi booster in the trailer for that reason.
To each their own. I find the weboost in the truck and Jefatech repeater with an exterior antenna to be a winning combo for us. We get the marginal phone signals on the road and marginal wi-fi signals in campgrounds and parking lots.

Never thought that having a wireless network for the trailer would be anything that I'd need but it's proven to be very convenient also.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0001_resize.JPG   IMGP0005_resize.JPG   IMGP0008_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:23 PM   #46

If you do opt for the Ubiquity here is an excellent video explaining the setup:

Old 01-14-2018, 09:26 PM   #47

The best thing about setting up your own wifi network via Ubiquity or something else is it isolates you from the public wifi network. It gives you an extra layer of protection.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:34 PM   #48

Is there a product that can boost cell signal in the tow vehicle as well? Is there a very portable, non-installed cell booster option or is installed the only way to go? If the cell booster is on while traveling, will it boost cell signal to the tow vehicle also?
Old 01-14-2018, 09:37 PM   #49

BoatAnt isn't for sale on Amazon any longer, and I can't find how to order it, do you know how? Is the Jefatech repeater an installed cell booster?
Old 01-14-2018, 09:41 PM   #50
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
BoatAnt isn't for sale on Amazon any longer, and I can't find how to order it, do you know how? Is the Jefatech repeater an installed cell booster?
I found a BoatAnt Mini on Amazon, first try.
https://www.amazon.com/BoatAnt-MiniT...ywords=boatant
Old 01-14-2018, 09:43 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I found a BoatAnt Mini on Amazon, first try.
https://www.amazon.com/BoatAnt-MiniT...ywords=boatant
Oh sorry, didn't know it was the mini I was looking for. Thank you!
Old 01-14-2018, 11:17 PM   #52

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
You can order the BoatAnt, or any other product made by the manufacturer, WirEng, directly from them. They don’t have a sales setup on their website, but if you send them an email via their website contact page, they can set up a direct sale. I’ve purchased a couple of items from them this way.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:29 AM   #53

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Is there a product that can boost cell signal in the tow vehicle as well? Is there a very portable, non-installed cell booster option or is installed the only way to go? If the cell booster is on while traveling, will it boost cell signal to the tow vehicle also?
The WeBoost's come with a small magnetic antenna, you can leave the antenna in the TV and move the amp back and forth from TV to camper. I know my Sleek will NOT cover both, you have to move it, which I've done once or twice.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:30 PM   #54

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
The WeBoost's come with a small magnetic antenna, you can leave the antenna in the TV and move the amp back and forth from TV to camper. I know my Sleek will NOT cover both, you have to move it, which I've done once or twice.
I have a Sleek in the truck, old enough that it is an AT&T only device. Probably missing many of the new frequencies, but it seems to work OK with my iPhone.

I have a newer Sleek (but still generations old) in the trailer connected to a BoatAnt that can cover either AT&T or Verizon frequencies (there is a switch to choose). I'm currently considering going to a whole trailer amplifier to replace the Sleek - leaning towards a Maximum Signal Mobile.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:48 PM   #55

does anyone have the full sized stock dinette table but still recommend a flip up counter there on one side?

ETI just emailed that 3 burner stoves are no longer available as of today. we will have to get a 2 burner.

anyone have input on the stock sink dimensions being sufficient vs sending in custom one?
Old 01-15-2018, 02:44 PM   #56

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
There are those who know exactly what they want to wash from previous trailers that requires a deeper sink. I bought a fancy faucet and decided to forget a sink partly due to shipping cost. I would rather have the storage below anyway for certain items we have there.

But if I could have found a round sink in Canada that fit, I would have had it!!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote