Finalizing the build sheet - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2016, 06:13 PM   #31

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Our tank monitor is the same as it was on our 19', I think.

float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:52 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
No. The Horst product is just different probes for the same level measurement system, so you still get the same three-step reading. The Horst probes just clog up less than the standard probes (which are essentially just bolts sticking into the tank), so they are less likely to result in a falsely high level reading in either of the waste tanks.

There are systems (not just sensors but also an electronics/display unit) which provide a much more precise level reading (such as Garnet's SeeLevel product line), but they are more expensive and I don't think Escape will install them, as they are wired and mounted differently.
I really like the idea of the SeeLevel tank monitor system. Does anyone have information on whether Escape will wire them in as an option? Looks like the wiring and display would be quite different but simpler and easier to do during the build. Since it is a Canadian company I imagine they have already contacted Escape to try and get them on the trailers.

SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:13 PM   #33

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
I really like the idea of the SeeLevel tank monitor system. Does anyone have information on whether Escape will wire them in as an option? Looks like the wiring and display would be quite different but simpler and easier to do during the build. Since it is a Canadian company I imagine they have already contacted Escape to try and get them on the trailers.
The wiring is actually quite similar, because most traditional systems are wired with only on pair of wires per tank, and See Level can work with one pair of wires per tank as well... even one pair for multiple tanks.

Garnet Industries is a largely a supplier of industrial instrumentation systems, and put their RV level systems into many high-end motorhomes, so I'm not sure how aggressively they pursue other RV opportunities such as OEM (at factory) installation. I wouldn't be surprised if they have never contacted Escape; a potential customer may need to start that conversation.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:30 PM   #34

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Not sure if Escape gets their tanks with the probes already mounted in them or if they drill and mount themselves. I would really prefer no holes and an exterior PCB adhered to the tanks. From a production line basis the SeeYou system could be much simpler as someone somewhere has to drill three holes in each tank, mount probes and hook up wires. Sticking on a self adhesive PCB could save a lot of time and effort. Having a SeeLevel system which also monitors the propane tanks could also be an option some people may pay extra for.

SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote