Finalizing the build sheet - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-21-2016, 03:57 PM   #21

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Microwave & power cord

After seeing how large the area is that the microwave is installed in this past Monday on the display model at the factory, I removed it from our build sheet. I figure I can get by without it and if I need it later, the plug is there so I can fling one in. Plus, I'll have the cabinet door there (which you get if you don't get the microwave on your build sheet) which will cover it up.

I plan to use that cabinet for other things. And I realized I won't use it that much in the trailer. The bacon is already precooked so it'll only take a few seconds in the pan to heat it up. If I want hot chocolate, I can boil water on the stove. (We don't do coffee - yeah, I know, we live in Seattle - HA!) I can chop and boil potatoes instead of zapping one in the microwave. In other words, I can get around not using it while camping.

Re: the removable power cord - I went back and forth on that one. After reading a previous thread about it, I decided not to get it. Mainly because some folks were saying it can be tricky to get attached properly and I figured with my lack of hand strength and patience, I'd never get it seated correctly and would be screwed in terms of having power at a hook up. My husband, who has far more patience and strength than I'll ever have, will not always be with me.

But, as others have said, it's all comes down to how you think you'll use 'em, as it's your trailer. And that's what's so great about the Escape trailers. We have all these choices for different needs and wants.

Now, for me, I'm still trying to figure out which sink I want installed. Dang, just a few choices there! But it's getting narrowed down. Whew!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 01:20 PM   #22

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Well it's done by Jove

Well we are done with the build sheet. I want to thank you for all for your opinions it really helped a lot. So here goes the list.
Oven w/ 3 burner top
SS sink/ chrome faucet
2- 12v outlets. Extra one in dinette, one 45 degree wall at end of bed
1- 120v outlet. 45 degree wall at end of bed.
Dual 6v batt.
Surge protector
160w solar
Opening BR window
Extra insulation & thermal Windows
1- additional switch by door- interior light
Air conditioner
Equalizer hitch w/ sway control
Jack TV antenna w/ TV ready
TV wall mount arm
Exterior hatch Rear driver side
Foot flush toilet
Winterizing T valve
1 additional door on bed platform
3- counter extensions. 1-end of kitchen counter, 2 in dinette area
Spray foam insulation under trailer
Starter kit
Storage cubby outside bathroom door
Storage box
U shape dinette
Reinforce W6 between bathroom and bed.
Back-up camera

The Equalizer hitch I got because we plan on staying out west for the winter (So.Cal, Arizona) after pick-up and I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. I'm a belt and suspenders guy.

The underside insulation. Some years if we leave here after Thanksgiving there can already be snow, and they'll have the roads salted. So to protect the underside. I hate that dang salt! And they are using the liquid stuff now. Gets in to everything.

The back-up camera It just showed up on the list. There is no date beside it, I don't remember adding it, but it factors in to the end price. I was going to e-mail ETI about it, but I said what the heck. My sister had a stroke down Florida, I was down there for 2 months getting her placed. And now I am trying to move her to New York State where she has family. And I have come to the conclusion that, unless you have done extremely well in life, you really can't take it with you, cause the state gets it all in the end! So I will leave it. It might be handy to have.

The stater kit- 3000miles from home it might just be easier just to have that stuff supplied.
So there we have it, for better or for worse- oh no- that was the last time I spent a lot of money it will be paid off next week. And than its just the long wait until October 17th.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 01:33 PM   #23

Trailer: 2016 21/ '16 Tundra 4.6L Dbl. Cab
Jove did a good job on your build sheet! I like your choices, your thoughts and reasons! Good luck with your sister and make sure to enjoy your 21' !

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:52 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Nice job, it will be a sweet trailer that you will really enjoy. Prayers your way on the journey with your sister.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 07:13 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape 21 2016
Pailin suggested to me that getting the owner supplied Horst tank probes was a good idea if getting the spray foam as they cannot be added later. I think they are about $50.00 and also if I recall correctly Escape charges $50.00 to put them in. I think now that I am going to pass on the foam but am still going to have Escape add the probes for me.
Playdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:39 PM   #26

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdog View Post
Pailin suggested to me that getting the owner supplied Horst tank probes was a good idea if getting the spray foam as they cannot be added later. I think they are about $50.00 and also if I recall correctly Escape charges $50.00 to put them in. I think now that I am going to pass on the foam but am still going to have Escape add the probes for me.
Yep, 50 bucks (Canadian!) to install. I found a price of $63 (US) for a set for both the black and grey tanks from RV Probes - it was less than they were listed on Amazon for.

Order Horst Miracle Probes - Buy Horst Miracle Probes here
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 04:35 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
We only know that the tank is, say, at 20-30 gallons. Does the Horst set-up tell you exactly how many gallons? We have never run out of water even when dumping and filling once a week but I guess it could happen.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:43 PM   #28

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Does the Horst set-up tell you exactly how many gallons?
No. The Horst product is just different probes for the same level measurement system, so you still get the same three-step reading. The Horst probes just clog up less than the standard probes (which are essentially just bolts sticking into the tank), so they are less likely to result in a falsely high level reading in either of the waste tanks.

There are systems (not just sensors but also an electronics/display unit) which provide a much more precise level reading (such as Garnet's SeeLevel product line), but they are more expensive and I don't think Escape will install them, as they are wired and mounted differently.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:46 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Does anyone have a picture of the new style monitor Escape is now using?
Old 01-25-2016, 06:11 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
Thanks, Bruce! I just saw this because I rarely look at video or photos elsewhere. Very clever!
Old 01-25-2016, 06:13 PM   #31

Our tank monitor is the same as it was on our 19', I think.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:52 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
No. The Horst product is just different probes for the same level measurement system, so you still get the same three-step reading. The Horst probes just clog up less than the standard probes (which are essentially just bolts sticking into the tank), so they are less likely to result in a falsely high level reading in either of the waste tanks.

There are systems (not just sensors but also an electronics/display unit) which provide a much more precise level reading (such as Garnet's SeeLevel product line), but they are more expensive and I don't think Escape will install them, as they are wired and mounted differently.
I really like the idea of the SeeLevel tank monitor system. Does anyone have information on whether Escape will wire them in as an option? Looks like the wiring and display would be quite different but simpler and easier to do during the build. Since it is a Canadian company I imagine they have already contacted Escape to try and get them on the trailers.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:13 PM   #33

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
I really like the idea of the SeeLevel tank monitor system. Does anyone have information on whether Escape will wire them in as an option? Looks like the wiring and display would be quite different but simpler and easier to do during the build. Since it is a Canadian company I imagine they have already contacted Escape to try and get them on the trailers.
The wiring is actually quite similar, because most traditional systems are wired with only on pair of wires per tank, and See Level can work with one pair of wires per tank as well... even one pair for multiple tanks.

Garnet Industries is a largely a supplier of industrial instrumentation systems, and put their RV level systems into many high-end motorhomes, so I'm not sure how aggressively they pursue other RV opportunities such as OEM (at factory) installation. I wouldn't be surprised if they have never contacted Escape; a potential customer may need to start that conversation.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:30 PM   #34

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Not sure if Escape gets their tanks with the probes already mounted in them or if they drill and mount themselves. I would really prefer no holes and an exterior PCB adhered to the tanks. From a production line basis the SeeYou system could be much simpler as someone somewhere has to drill three holes in each tank, mount probes and hook up wires. Sticking on a self adhesive PCB could save a lot of time and effort. Having a SeeLevel system which also monitors the propane tanks could also be an option some people may pay extra for.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote