Finally able to figure out color options for our forthcoming 2017 escape 21' - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-02-2016, 03:32 PM   #21

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Only you can really answer whether black will work or not. It's YOUR trailer, not someone else's. YOU'RE the one that's going to be using it, not someone else. Get what makes YOU happy, not someone else.

If you really want to test out black fabric, maybe you can hit your local fabric store and buy a yard or two of some really cheap all black fabric. Lay it over your couch or chair and see how it looks. Sit on it, look at it from close up and far away. Can you move the chair to a smaller room? That might give you an idea of how it would look in a trailer that's most likely lots smaller than your living room.

If you don't want the fabric later on, donate it to Goodwill or some other charity. Or let it sit around in your attic for 5+ years before you realize you're never really gonna need it and then you donate it. Not that I know anything about that.

Point being - don't go by anyone else's thoughts or decisions on their trailer. They don't have to stay in your trailer.
Thanks for the good thoughts.

We just happen to have black sofas at home. A coincidence.

And

I'm just not experienced at RV fabric selection.

Just asking to see if there are any universal NO NOs about fabric in an RV

we'll get the thermal Windows, so I think sun and heat is a non issue.

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:45 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
The fabric was the most agonizing process we went through, and I'm sure having selected yours you've been through the process. Once we picked it and signed off our build sheet we ordered everything sent to ETI and then we put the whole thing away and forgot about it till we picked up the trailer. If we didn't do that we would have second guessed ourselves into oblivion. We're happy and we eliminated many months of continuing stress.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 05:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
The fabric was the most agonizing process we went through, and I'm sure having selected yours you've been through the process. Once we picked it and signed off our build sheet we ordered everything sent to ETI and then we put the whole thing away and forgot about it till we picked up the trailer. If we didn't do that we would have second guessed ourselves into oblivion. We're happy and we eliminated many months of continuing stress.
Wise words, as always, Greg.

Update - my better half (AKA Darling Wife) just informed me that Deep Sea (blue) is also a good option....

it would be more 'fun' than black, and would go with our other colors.

I seem to recall that folks in the USA have been happy with Patio Lane, correct?

I'd be able to drop it off at ETI, so I'd just have Patio Lane ship to me in Los Angeles, and I'd take to ETI later in the summer when I go for a quick visit to Canada.

Heavenly 305 Deep Sea Contract Interior Upholstery Fabric - Patio Lane
Old 07-02-2016, 07:10 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
That is very similar to what we got. Think ours was Dupione Deep Sea, but in the Sunbrella.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:29 PM   #25

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
build sheet

We have to have our build sheet done by Aug.8th and just getting started again . I've looked at the Formica web site where are the number 58"s formica?
The standard flooring seems to be fine with us I wonder if the 2017 will be the same as the 2014's? Another Sara Question .
As far as the upholstery goes we would like a solid color sunbrella . we order that and send it to ETI?
CP harley I think set me up with a build sheet and I can't seem to find it ?? Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
We have to have our build sheet done by Aug.8th and just getting started again . I've looked at the Formica web site where are the number 58"s formica?
The standard flooring seems to be fine with us I wonder if the 2017 will be the same as the 2014's? Another Sara Question .
As far as the upholstery goes we would like a solid color sunbrella . we order that and send it to ETI?
CP harley I think set me up with a build sheet and I can't seem to find it ?? Jim
Hey Jim.....

I myself dont have any answers for all your questions.... other than many Formica colors are available in a variety of finishes..... the #58 finish are not all grouped together. Just look at a color, and it'll tell you if it comes in #58 finish. Many do.

and.... yes you send the fabric you want to ETI. Consider buying in Canada (and shipped within Canada) if you are in USA, to avoid duty and customs hassle.

and....

I can't recall if the 2017 standard flooring will be same as 2014. ETI can tell you.
I think maybe yes. Maybe. Don't quote me.

and

Traditional online forum etiquette suggests that if you have any other unrelated questions and comments... that you maybe start your own thread.

Helps the forum work well.

And avoids "thread hijack"

just a thought. No crisis.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:59 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
where are the number 58"s formica?
"Number 58" means matte finish - not color. Here's the link:
Formica® Laminate

Quote:
I wonder if the 2017 will be the same as the 2014's?
Same, at least according to photos of the 2017 style posted by others.

Quote:
would like a solid color sunbrella . we order that and send it to ETI?
Yes. Another supplier link:

http://www.sailrite.com/Fabrics/Mari...tem_popularity
Old 07-02-2016, 10:00 PM   #28

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
Sorry

I'm sorry about that, didn't mean to hijack your thread I just couldn't find my build sheet and my wife and I are so excited that we saw a 21 this weekend and wanted to get going . I did find my build sheet and have asked more questions Thanks for all the Help .Love this Site Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:26 PM   #29

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
I seem to recall that folks in the USA have been happy with Patio Lane, correct?

I'd be able to drop it off at ETI, so I'd just have Patio Lane ship to me in Los Angeles, and I'd take to ETI later in the summer when I go for a quick visit to Canada.
I ordered 20 yards from Patio Lane and it came in one big roll. If you're flying up there, you'll probably want to take it off the roll and fold it up and wad it into a suitcase or box, as it might be over a size limit (but check with the airlines, of course).

I was very happy with my experiences with them. Can't speak for others, though.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:29 PM   #30

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl

Very nice color! I love blue tones, although I didn't get that for our trailer as I found something I love even more.

Have you received free samples in that color? If you haven't ordered them yet, see if you can order more than one in that color. Then pin them together as the samples you get are usually pretty small and it can be hard to tell how much you like it. But a much larger sample - much easier to fall in love with it or go "ick".
Old 07-03-2016, 07:41 AM   #31

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Everyone has different things in life which excites or interests them
Pondering ,worrying contemplating ,imagining which color countertop , flooring , valance ,drapes ,ETC would be perfect in a new Escape is beyond my scope of concern or interest or ability. Being male ,I look at the pictures and see nothing. I admire people who have an eye for color and a flair for decorating for which I am totally blind.
One blessing is when I make out my builds sheet , I will have fewer things to be concerned with. To me a floor is a floor is a floor and as long as it functions like a floor than everything is fine with me .
I enjoy these threads even though I don't understand them
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 03:22 PM   #32

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
I certainly agree with the difficulty of choosing fabric. I have about 35 different samples on my coffee table. Hard enough to choose a pattern/colour, but I'm amazed at the difference in weight and thickness of fabrics that list "upholstery" as a use. What is an acceptable rub value anyway? 55000, 100000? You almost need a degree in fabrics and textiles to figure it all out! ��

I've "decided" about 5 different times now... I think I'm going to go with a fairly bold print for fabric (would you believe orange and teal elephant so??) and stick with a more neutral floor and countertop. I figure the fabric will be the easiest to change if I want to down the road. And given that it will only be on the valences and small front dinette, there won't be much of it. I'm thinking that a print won't show stains like a solid would?
Brenda
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:23 PM   #33

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Right now we have about 100 laminate samples and 50 fabric samples, though have paired it down a lot. Once we get closer we will start with the flooring as a final choice. Though I will be doing the laminate myself, I will have Escape do the upholstery and flooring.

This is so much fun. I enjoy this part. All the planning, selecting and designing is all leading to what will be our new home away from home.

The thing is, if you don't care for your choice a few years down the road, it is a fairly easy thing to change, or have it changed by someone for you. Can't beat getting it right in the first place though.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:47 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
I think I'm going to go with a fairly bold print for fabric (would you believe orange and teal elephant so??) and stick with a more neutral floor and countertop. I figure the fabric will be the easiest to change if I want to down the road. And given that it will only be on the valences and small front dinette, there won't be much of it. I'm thinking that a print won't show stains like a solid would?
Brenda
Ooo, sounds like a fun fabric! Post the link to it, if you can.

Another idea (yeah, just what you wanted to hear, huh?) - pick a solid color and then have pillows made in that fabric. That way if you decide later it's too bold you won't have to replace the cushion covers.

I'm going with a solid color for our fabric and have lots of patterned material for pillow covers. With cats, of course.

Well, I'm sure it's all gonna depend on what the stain is as to whether it'll show up in your patterned fabric. How many orange or teal foods/drinks do you have? Hee, hee.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:59 AM   #35
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
What I love about Escape is that we all have unique trailers that we love! I was thrilled to pick out my own fabric and send it North, but the process was agonizing--my husband didn't care. I ended up going to a discount fabric shop and purchased a plain beige outdoor fabric and I made pillows to brighten things up. I am very pleased that when coffee or jam is spilled -- it leaves no trace.

Whatever you decide you'll love it! Enjoy the process. When you are on the road your heart will skip a beat as you love your trailer over and over again.

Lorna
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:58 AM   #36

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Right now we have about 100 laminate samples and 50 fabric samples, though have paired it down a lot. Once we get closer we will start with the flooring as a final choice. Though I will be doing the laminate myself, I will have Escape do the upholstery and flooring.

This is so much fun. I enjoy this part. All the planning, selecting and designing is all leading to what will be our new home away from home.

The thing is, if you don't care for your choice a few years down the road, it is a fairly easy thing to change, or have it changed by someone for you. Can't beat getting it right in the first place though.
Hi: Jim Bennett... How about a nice "Claret" red? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1030660.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:31 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Jim Bennett... How about a nice "Claret" red? Alf
Or maybe the blue of my wine touring shirt.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-05-2016, 02:00 PM   #38

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Or maybe the blue of my wine touring shirt.
How about something neutral .....then you can accessorize to suit your mood , wine , beer or your famous coffee !
Old 07-05-2016, 02:19 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
How about something neutral .....then you can accessorize to suit your mood , wine , beer or your famous coffee !
I think I will do something along these linkes. I much prefer warm tones, like reds, oranges and browns, over cool ones like blue and green anyway.

We used blue a bunch in our home 18 years ago, and are finally getting rid of all traces, just the laminate countertops to go yet.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:49 PM   #40

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
Hi: gabeck... Sometimes staying neutral is the best thing!!! Here's a pic or 2 of our almost finished kitchen reno. Electrics were finished today. After cooking and eating in the trailer for 6 weeks... it's time to go camping with it!!! Alf
Attached Thumbnails
P1040421.jpg   P1040420.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote