Finally able to figure out color options for our forthcoming 2017 escape 21' - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2016, 07:41 AM   #31

Trailer: 2013 - 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe.---
Everyone has different things in life which excites or interests them
Pondering ,worrying contemplating ,imagining which color countertop , flooring , valance ,drapes ,ETC would be perfect in a new Escape is beyond my scope of concern or interest or ability. Being male ,I look at the pictures and see nothing. I admire people who have an eye for color and a flair for decorating for which I am totally blind.
One blessing is when I make out my builds sheet , I will have fewer things to be concerned with. To me a floor is a floor is a floor and as long as it functions like a floor than everything is fine with me .
I enjoy these threads even though I don't understand them

steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 03:22 PM   #32

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
I certainly agree with the difficulty of choosing fabric. I have about 35 different samples on my coffee table. Hard enough to choose a pattern/colour, but I'm amazed at the difference in weight and thickness of fabrics that list "upholstery" as a use. What is an acceptable rub value anyway? 55000, 100000? You almost need a degree in fabrics and textiles to figure it all out! ��

I've "decided" about 5 different times now... I think I'm going to go with a fairly bold print for fabric (would you believe orange and teal elephant so??) and stick with a more neutral floor and countertop. I figure the fabric will be the easiest to change if I want to down the road. And given that it will only be on the valences and small front dinette, there won't be much of it. I'm thinking that a print won't show stains like a solid would?
Brenda

blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:23 PM   #33

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Right now we have about 100 laminate samples and 50 fabric samples, though have paired it down a lot. Once we get closer we will start with the flooring as a final choice. Though I will be doing the laminate myself, I will have Escape do the upholstery and flooring.

This is so much fun. I enjoy this part. All the planning, selecting and designing is all leading to what will be our new home away from home.

The thing is, if you don't care for your choice a few years down the road, it is a fairly easy thing to change, or have it changed by someone for you. Can't beat getting it right in the first place though.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:47 PM   #34

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
I think I'm going to go with a fairly bold print for fabric (would you believe orange and teal elephant so??) and stick with a more neutral floor and countertop. I figure the fabric will be the easiest to change if I want to down the road. And given that it will only be on the valences and small front dinette, there won't be much of it. I'm thinking that a print won't show stains like a solid would?
Brenda
Ooo, sounds like a fun fabric! Post the link to it, if you can.

Another idea (yeah, just what you wanted to hear, huh?) - pick a solid color and then have pillows made in that fabric. That way if you decide later it's too bold you won't have to replace the cushion covers.

I'm going with a solid color for our fabric and have lots of patterned material for pillow covers. With cats, of course.

Well, I'm sure it's all gonna depend on what the stain is as to whether it'll show up in your patterned fabric. How many orange or teal foods/drinks do you have? Hee, hee.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:59 AM   #35
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
What I love about Escape is that we all have unique trailers that we love! I was thrilled to pick out my own fabric and send it North, but the process was agonizing--my husband didn't care. I ended up going to a discount fabric shop and purchased a plain beige outdoor fabric and I made pillows to brighten things up. I am very pleased that when coffee or jam is spilled -- it leaves no trace.

Whatever you decide you'll love it! Enjoy the process. When you are on the road your heart will skip a beat as you love your trailer over and over again.

Lorna
Old 07-04-2016, 09:58 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Right now we have about 100 laminate samples and 50 fabric samples, though have paired it down a lot. Once we get closer we will start with the flooring as a final choice. Though I will be doing the laminate myself, I will have Escape do the upholstery and flooring.

This is so much fun. I enjoy this part. All the planning, selecting and designing is all leading to what will be our new home away from home.

The thing is, if you don't care for your choice a few years down the road, it is a fairly easy thing to change, or have it changed by someone for you. Can't beat getting it right in the first place though.
Hi: Jim Bennett... How about a nice "Claret" red? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1030660.jpg (250.6 KB, 27 views)
escape artist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:31 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Jim Bennett... How about a nice "Claret" red? Alf
Or maybe the blue of my wine touring shirt.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-05-2016, 02:00 PM   #38

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Or maybe the blue of my wine touring shirt.
How about something neutral .....then you can accessorize to suit your mood , wine , beer or your famous coffee !
Old 07-05-2016, 02:19 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
How about something neutral .....then you can accessorize to suit your mood , wine , beer or your famous coffee !
I think I will do something along these linkes. I much prefer warm tones, like reds, oranges and browns, over cool ones like blue and green anyway.

We used blue a bunch in our home 18 years ago, and are finally getting rid of all traces, just the laminate countertops to go yet.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:49 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
Hi: gabeck... Sometimes staying neutral is the best thing!!! Here's a pic or 2 of our almost finished kitchen reno. Electrics were finished today. After cooking and eating in the trailer for 6 weeks... it's time to go camping with it!!! Alf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040421.jpg (120.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg P1040420.jpg (110.3 KB, 12 views)

escape artist is online now   Reply With Quote