finding 36" runner.... most are 30" wide - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-17-2016, 04:21 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: los angeles, California
Trailer: Casita 17' (sold) .... 2017-21' Escape forthcoming !!!
Posts: 704
Question finding 36" runner.... most are 30" wide

hi all

if my memory is correct on the 2017 21' the floor space between the fridge and the sink is about 36" wide.

I'd like to buy some durable runner to protect the floor from bathroom to dinette floor lip..... (I guess I'd cut out where the bed is)

most "wide" runners are 30" wide, that i am finding.

i'm looking for 36" wide.

any tips as to what would be a good, one piece, easily installed (and removeable) carpet runner (36" wide) to trap much of the dust, dirt, gravel, etc that finds it's way into a travel trailer?



thanks.
__________________

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:14 AM   #2
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 10,568
You can go to a local rug company and get remnants or they will also finish a piece any size you want.
__________________

__________________
Jim
never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
fudge_brownie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Janesville, WI, Wisconsin
Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Posts: 1,001
We find the 30" runner works quite fine. I like the look of some of the floor showing, it is easier to take out and shake and/or wash plus there is more choices. Now, if one had a raised dinette the length may be an issue, not sure how may choices there are for length.

I think you are over thinking this. Use the KISS method.

My significant other tells me about the carpet that CPA Harley has, something made especially made for an RV. Care to comment on it Jim?
__________________
Paul and Janet Braun
2003 Toyota 4Runner V8 now 2012 Toyota Sequoia V8
Escape 19' 2010 now 2014 Escape 21'
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:21 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
KarenH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bellingham, Washington
Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Posts: 1,518
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Now, if one had a raised dinette the length may be an issue, not sure how may choices there are for length.
Places like Lowe's have runners on spools so can be cut to length. I don't know about the width but agree that "wall-to-wall" would not be desirable as ease of handling would be more difficult.
__________________
Karen Hulford
2013 Escape 15A (April), "Egbert"
Ford 150 XLT 5.8L
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:41 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
LeonW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Posts: 911
Water hog from LLBean

We have found that we like the water hog carpets from L L Bean. Not sure of the sizes, but I think only 30" wide. There is a bit of floor showing to each side but it doesn't bother us
__________________
Camping: Where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:48 AM   #6
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: York, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Posts: 10,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
We find the 30" runner works quite fine. I like the look of some of the floor showing, it is easier to take out and shake and/or wash plus there is more choices. Now, if one had a raised dinette the length may be an issue, not sure how may choices there are for length.

I think you are over thinking this. Use the KISS method.

My significant other tells me about the carpet that CPA Harley has, something made especially made for an RV. Care to comment on it Jim?
Here you go, Paul-
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
__________________
Jim
never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:08 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Adirondacks / Sun City West AZ, New York
Trailer: Former class c .. Deciding on 17B
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
We have found that we like the water hog carpets from L L Bean. Not sure of the sizes, but I think only 30" wide. There is a bit of floor showing to each side but it doesn't bother us
We love waterhog mats also! The runner width is 2 11.....different lengths and colors! We just ordered 5. Works well to trap clingons and very easy to clean!
reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:23 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: los angeles, California
Trailer: Casita 17' (sold) .... 2017-21' Escape forthcoming !!!
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by reetired View Post
We love waterhog mats also! The runner width is 2 11.....different lengths and colors! We just ordered 5. Works well to trap clingons and very easy to clean!
I am (easily) confused

Would a 2'11" mar run long ways, between fridge and stove, in a (2017) 21'

?
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:34 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Midwest, Iowa
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner
Posts: 3,407
We put two rag rugs down with waffle underlay. They can easily be thrown in the washer.
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:13 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Adirondacks / Sun City West AZ, New York
Trailer: Former class c .. Deciding on 17B
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
I am (easily) confused

Would a 2'11" mar run long ways, between fridge and stove, in a (2017) 21'

?
2 11 is the width.....you choose the length to best fit your situation! Go to their website and you can see the photos!
LLbean, home, waterhog mats, everyday mats.
__________________

reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.