Front window on 21? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2015, 03:29 PM   #11

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Thanks All. My biggest concern is that I do like being able to look out the front. I know it's an individual preference, but I am curious if there is anyone who doesn't have the window and they wished they did?
thanks for the photo.....I do like the clean look and we probably won't go with the cubbies.
Ugh! I'm still not sure.

LoriH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 03:34 PM   #12

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Our 21 isn't finished yet so I don't have experience with this option but... We decided to add a window over the nightstand to bring more light into that part of the trailer instead of adding a window over the bed. I asked in a separate thread about doing that and got very mixed responses. We didn't have strong feelings either way but decided to get it anyway. So it's another option for you to consider. We chose not to get the window over the bed because of the potential for leaks (so I'm told), losing the shelf, and the odd looking off center appearance.

Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 03:34 PM   #13

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
If you want to enjoy the scenery from inside, you need a window. If you just want to look out to - for instance - see if someone is there or check out possible sources of a noise, then a camera on the front connected to your TV or other monitor inside might be a substitute. A camera would provide a far from ideal view, but might be a technical solution depending on your needs.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 03:40 PM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I'm with Paul, I think it looks strange on the outside. And even stranger on the inside. It's not centered between the exterior wall and the bathroom wall.

Yes, it lets in light (and heat and cold). It doesn't open. It's single pane. Which can be huge during shoulder season because of condensation. We have a member here that recently picked up a 21' (with front window) and the first or second night of ownership woke up in the morning with a damp pillow! Being inside lots of 21s without that front window, IMHO the big side window lets in plenty of light. And you know, you really can't see much out of it, unless you're up on your knees looking out. It's not like a dinette window, truly.

Best of luck in your decision, truly.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 03:42 PM   #15

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
We got the window and we like it. We plan to add a padded, fabric covered headboard ASAP (we're still traveling, bringing our 21 home from Chilliwack). We did quickly learn that if it's cold outside, we want the rock shield down for the night; but we also figured out that it need not be fastened shut to keep out the cool (and thus the condensation). Yes, the little shelf, that you get if you don't have the window, would be nice, but we will figure out an alternative.

YMMV, but l would do it again if I were reordering. It brings in the outdoors, much like the wrap around windows did to the bed area of our Casita Liberty... It doesn't bother me that the window isn't centered; in fact a little asymmetry can be a good thing.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:47 PM   #16

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
We both really liked the window in the 17. Susan being almost OCD with symmetry surprised me when she wanted that little off-center window. Having been in one at the "14 Rally I didnt see the same advantage visually being somewhat in the corner as well as its reduced size.

We didnt get after I asked Tammy to speak with her about the pros & cons. Practicality won out. She still misses it some, but I don't.

Best of luck on that one:
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 03:51 PM   #17

Trailer: Wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
We both really liked the window in the 17. Susan being almost OCD with symmetry surprised me when she wanted that little off-center window. Having been in one at the "14 Rally I didnt see the same advantage visually being somewhat in the corner as well as its reduced size.

We didnt get after I asked Tammy to speak with her about the pros & cons. Practicality won out. She still misses it some, but I don't.

Best of luck on that one:
Could you share what were the pros and cons according to Tammy?
llfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 03:55 PM   #18

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
As I remember, and not in any particular order- it was you already have a large window in that area, you wouldn't get the shelf, and it would be warmer without it.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:17 PM   #19

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
...We have a member here that recently picked up a 21' (with front window) and the first or second night of ownership woke up in the morning with a damp pillow!
LOL. That would be moi. And it wasn't just damp, it was wet... On the corner, and honestly I wasn't sure if it was from the wall or the window. It was raining the day we picked up: that first night we had condensation all over the trailer. But, after that we started pulling down the cover at night, and didn't have that issue again... So far.

I will say that it's enough of a hassle that I'm glad Skip was at least as interested (if not more so) in having it as I was/am.

Good luck with your decision! It will be fine whichever way you go.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:27 PM   #20

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
LOL. Good luck with your decision! It will be fine whichever way you go.
I agree. This is one of those decisions that has trade offs either way. Just make a decision, know you considered it thoughtfully, and be happy with the result

Jill is offline   Reply With Quote