Gaucho with 17A - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2017, 11:08 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 17A
Gaucho with 17A

Its in the build sheet right now, but I've only seen them in the front dinette on a 17B. Anyone have any idea where this would go on a 17A? I've also got a custom sized table going into the dinette (shorter and removable to take outside), so I'm totally unsure where the gaucho would or should go. Got a 2 and 4 year old-

I'm talking to Escape later today, but always appreciate your great input!

Thanks,

Dave
davedru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:18 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
That's a puzzle, Dave.
I'm trying to envision a gaucho in our 17A, but don't get far. We wouldn't want it in the front over the big bed, because it would inhibit the one sleeping nearer the front, on the big bed, from being able to get up in the middle of the night, if necessary.
So, one over the rear dinette may be possible, but you've got those full width windows on each side.
Let us know what ETI says; they've been doing this a long time.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:24 AM   #3

Thanks Don - trying to keep it pretty minimalist so starting to think that the gaucho might not be a good addition. Interested to hear what they say though
Old 08-03-2017, 01:30 PM   #4

Trailer: 17b - 2017 model
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedru View Post
Its in the build sheet right now, but I've only seen them in the front dinette on a 17B. Anyone have any idea where this would go on a 17A? I've also got a custom sized table going into the dinette (shorter and removable to take outside), so I'm totally unsure where the gaucho would or should go. Got a 2 and 4 year old-

I'm talking to Escape later today, but always appreciate your great input!

Thanks,

Dave
The 17A can sleep 4 without the gaucho, so you shouldn't need the gaucho unless you expect to bring a 5th person. I suspect ETI made a mistake regarding the gaucho on a 17A. The 17B has steel beams that hold the upper bunk up from the front wall to the bathroom wall and from the front wall to the wardrobe. In the 17B there isn't a point to hold it up on the passenger side, and the driver side span would be too great.

Having 2 kids myself, I would gently try to steer you towards the 17B. Although obviously not necessary, we use the bathroom and shower a lot more in ours than I originally expected. Middle of the night "emergencies" are much easier on us and the kids since we have the bathroom right there instead of having to wake up, get 2 people fully dressed, and make a trip to the bathroom. Also, rest stops along the road are much easier since our kids often give us just minutes of warning about needing to go potty. The gaucho isn't as convenient as having 2 flat beds, but the gaucho 17B still sleeps 4 people, just like the 17A.

My earlier offer of showing you our 17B still stands. We have the gaucho.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
..get 2 people fully dressed, and make a trip to the bathroom...
I must camp in "low places" as I've seen many folks (including myself) make night trips to the restrooms wearing just jammies. People with more class (not including myself) have even donned robes for this gala event.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:06 PM   #6

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
The 17B has steel beams that hold the upper bunk up from the front wall to the bathroom wall and from the front wall to the wardrobe. In the 17A there isn't a point to hold it up on the passenger side, and the driver side span would be too great.
I wonder if ETI would offer to furnish a cot option across the converted rear dinette bed in a 17A? This would be similar to the offering in the front of the 19 which we love when camping with our kids. I don't see any showstoppers unless the newer style windows are too low for the necessary attachment points on the sides.
Attached Thumbnails
CotX003.jpg  
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:08 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I must camp in "low places" as I've seen many folks (including myself) make night trips to the restrooms wearing just jammies. People with more class (not including myself) have even donned robes for this gala event.
Yep, me, too. Although since my jammies are knit pants or shorts and t-shirts its hard to tell.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:25 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:

Having 2 kids myself, I would gently try to steer you towards the 17B. Although obviously not necessary, we use the bathroom and shower a lot more in ours than I originally expected. Middle of the night "emergencies" are much easier on us and the kids since we have the bathroom right there instead of having to wake up, get 2 people fully dressed, and make a trip to the bathroom.......
In our 17A, we have a compartment under the passenger side of the permanent bed for our porta-potty. We have it out, and in front of the door, at night, so the longest night "trip" we take is about 15 inches!!!
During the day, it of course resides in its compartment. It sits on a plywood base (actually, a cutting board left over from a kitchen remodel) that has furniture glides under it, so it's ultra-easy to slide out of its compartment, when the need arises.
Edit: link to build photos: right side under bed.
Escape Trailer Owners Community - dfandrews's Album: 17A build photos - Picture

Escape Trailer Owners Community - dfandrews's Album: 17A Final Build Photos - Picture
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:10 PM   #9

Thanks everyone- as it turns out neither a gaucho or cot is an option on a 17A.... looks like I will have to fabricate something myself if I feel like I really need it.