Got My Build Sheet -- Escape 19! HELP! - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #41

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
you always need a intake and an exhaust for a static ventilation system to function properly. A sole window will need an exhaust, your MaxxFan will help, if you want that moisture in your unit.
In fact I was kind of hoping that Reese would change over to a powered fan in the 19 bathroom when he updated to mould to accommodate the refrigerator roof venting on the same side just a little bit back of there.. I see he did go ahead and do that on the new 21.. powered exhaust and some venting at the bottom of the bathroom door would be a beautiful thing
Old 09-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #42

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burloak View Post
3. I do have the side trailer Low pressure propane disconnect and run my Q100 BBQ and a Campfire in a Can off of it. Each has its own 10ft hose and male connector and I love the convenience. Coleman stoves operate at a specific to coleman higher pressure and would not be usable on that outlet as they are designed to stay lit even while open in a breeze.. the Q's BBQ's don't have that problem as they are designed to cook closed.
My current Coleman stove is a white gas stove. I was thinking of getting a propane one and converting it for use with the low pressure outlet. Sounds like that is not possible. Is there another brand of propane stove that can be successfully converted that anyone knows about? If not, then either I'm going to be hauling around my white gas stove or else using a 5 or 10 lb tank. Neither option is as appealing to be though as I'd rather not store propane/white gas inside either the trailer or the tow vehicle.
bpjod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #43

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
It's not possible with Coleman stoves, but there is a name brand of stove that will work with low pressure propane. Not readily available in Canada, so I haven't managed to try one yet. And, of course, I'm drawing a blank on the name right now...

And there are a number of options for running a bbq off the low pressure connect. So far they either all look expensive (i.e. marine style bbq) or require modification work (e.g. converted Weber Q).

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2018 Ford F150
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #44

"Camp Chef"... that's it...

The Way to Cook Outdoors | Camp Chef

Be aware that not every product they sell works off a low pressure connect, so be careful which one you choose.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #45

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpjod View Post
My current Coleman stove is a white gas stove. I was thinking of getting a propane one and converting it for use with the low pressure outlet. Sounds like that is not possible. Is there another brand of propane stove that can be successfully converted that anyone knows about? If not, then either I'm going to be hauling around my white gas stove or else using a 5 or 10 lb tank. Neither option is as appealing to be though as I'd rather not store propane/white gas inside either the trailer or the tow vehicle.
Actually your already hauling around one or two perfectly acceptable 20 lb propane tanks on the front of the trailer. You can easily get the proper Coleman hose/adaptor to replace the small one pounder bottle system that Coleman propane camp stoves ship with. They connect directly all refillable consumer propane tanks. Just have to take off one tank from its travelling position and hook it up to your camp stove where ever you've positioned it. Total time to deploy or restore for travel about one minute.

Alternatively some of our members install a permanent tee into the high pressure propane (ahead of the trailer regulator) and put that supply through a Coleman hose/adaptor and on to the stove with a detachable hose saving the tank disconnect/reconnect process and some of the heavy tank lifting if the supply hose is long enough to reach your preferred stove location.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #46

Yup. I've already got a Coleman stove so I'm considering the T-fitting solution. But if you're starting from scratch, no reason not to look at low-pressure solutions.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #47

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey View Post
"Camp Chef"... that's it...

The Way to Cook Outdoors | Camp Chef

Be aware that not every product they sell works off a low pressure connect, so be careful which one you choose.
I have a Camp Chef low pressure stove with huge burners and I don't like it because it doesn't stay lit on a windy day and the heat is not very easy to adjust. My coleman stove will and although it is high pressure that is the one I use. I made a tee connection with hoses for the high pressure and mount it on one of my tanks when needed. My low pressure hookup is for the Weber Q120 and my portable fire ring.
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #48

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burloak View Post
In fact I was kind of hoping that Reese would change over to a powered fan in the 19 bathroom when he updated to mould to accommodate the refrigerator roof venting on the same side just a little bit back of there.. I see he did go ahead and do that on the new 21.. powered exhaust and some venting at the bottom of the bathroom door would be a beautiful thing
Just turn the Maxi-Fan on reverse and it blows air out the vent on top of the bathroom...no fan is needed there. In fact, the Maxi fan will move air in or out anywhere in the trailer depending on what windows you open...and I see no reason for any more fans...except maybe one over the bed!
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #49

We bought all the options. Save maybe one or two...screen canopy etc. etc.
I'll have to ask my kids what they think. I haven't had enough access to have my own opinions....
Dog as Navigator
DonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #50

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I didn't see an answer skimming the rest of the thread, so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You don't say where Whitehorse is, but I'm assuming in NT or way up north.
Very close: in the Yukon, one territory west and just as far north as the Northwest Territories... and the part of Alaska north of the panhandle.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #51

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Just left Spokane on our way to Chilliwack for a factory visit tomorrow!
Old 09-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #52

Trailer: 2011 17B
We have a 2011 17B. We are old backpackers so light on the amenities is fine with us. My rule was only add that which cannot be added later. So,

* no A/C. It needs 120V and that's hard to do w/out a genset in the woods.

* Got extra insulation and double pane windows. Note that this works for both heat and cold...

* Didn't get the storage box. It can be added later if necessary.

* Oven? No. the mentioned Weber gas grill can bake/roast.

* Solar? Had the rough wiring done but ended up getting a portable 135W unit which can really be in the sun (works better...) while the trailer is in the shade.

* Dual 6V batteries. If you are running inverters, your amp-hours go quickly... The 135W solar charges them just fine.

* Got a portable inverter later, enough to charge items (laptop) that need AC power bricks.

* TV? That's why I camp. That and reception is c**p even at home. Bring your iPad/laptop/Nexus and watch netflix... In other words, dual use things.

* Got 3 burner stove, outside shower, and s/s sink. Again, can't add them later.

If it gets things hot/cold, gas is more efficient in the boonies so no dual hot water or heater. The 17B fridge is 3 way anyway. We only use AC to chill it down the night before, use DC on the road (slows battery charge), and gas in camp. We only stop at RV parks so we can dump tanks and have no other options.

The other advise (from this forum) is not to get out the tools to mod something for at least a year. Why make a mod you don't need in the end. Feel the need and then do the mod.

Hope this helps.

Jim
lieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #53

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
moved the grilling posts to new thread.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #54

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Jim, Where do you store your portable solar?

Ruth
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #55

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Different Jim here Ruth, but we keep ours in the car behind the back seat when we take it. Ours is only a 40W unit, and only D 37.5" x W 14.5" x H 2". My wife made a nice soft semi-padded slip for it.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #56

Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
I also store ours in the tow vehicle, it's an 80 watt folding briefcase unit and came with a padded case. I figure the TV is more secure than the trailer... We've only used ours at campsites where we were sticking nearby, like a dog event, or where someone else was going to be around the campsite all day, like when we go camping in the boonies with a big group. If we were in a more populated site without hookups and were leaving for the day I'd stow it.