Hand Crank Washing Machine - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2018, 10:49 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
Having seen what some people put in public washing machines has put me off for life for ever using one. I always bring along my washing machine along, it's only 23lbs and sits nicely behind my truck seat. My wife and I are keen road cyclists so need to wash or rinse our kit after each ride. I originally was looking for a spinner but the whole washing machine was only $15 more. In 3 minutes of wash time it does a better job than my home machine that has all the flashing lights and songs at the end of the cycle. Rinsing is accomplished by pouring a small amount of water into a inlet over the spinner. In 1 minute of spin time the clothes so dry they are nearly wearable. Within 30 minutes of hanging them on a warm day they are bone dry. The bonus is when we are boondocking it will run off of my 300 watt invertor.
Barry
If you ever had to disconnect your washer , water comes out every time . There is I believe 2 in under the wash tub . When you wash your clothes after someone else 's use that water mixes in . So how we feel too. Don't want to get into the disgusting but rather not go to laundry mats . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:26 AM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Almost 60 years ago John Steinbeck described his traveling washing machine, aboard Rocinante, his camper, in Travels With Charley.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:27 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
If you ever had to disconnect your washer , water comes out every time . There is I believe 2 in under the wash tub . When you wash your clothes after someone else 's use that water mixes in . So how we feel too. Don't want to get into the disgusting but rather not go to laundry mats . Pat
There's a relatively simple way to deal with laundromat or campground washers to make sure your clothes are as sanitary as possible. Use only one machine, and make sure to wash your whites first, because you can use hot water and chlorine bleach. This will kill the bad stuff. Do warm or cold water items afterwards. We've used laundromats and campground washers this way on extended trips and it works well.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:54 AM   #24

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
Almost 60 years ago John Steinbeck described his traveling washing machine, aboard Rocinante, his camper, in Travels With Charley.

Which, apparently was a work of fiction...

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/04/b...-checking.html
Old 08-09-2018, 06:35 AM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I'd rather not use a laundry mat either, but sometimes there's no option and a small washer or bucket and plunger isn't an option I'm interested in.

I add 'pine cleaner,' which is a disinfectant, in every load.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:41 AM   #26

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
In my many travels across the country with Ben, and then with Josie, I could say I stopped to use public laundromats... but that would be fiction.
Attached Thumbnails
Ben1.jpg  
Old 08-09-2018, 07:47 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
We have had to use public laundromats several times due to pet accidents. seems they may eat or taste something strange and it does not agree with them. Ironically most have been without the camper or inside the tow vehicle, never inside the Escape. We now travel with about 6 layers of sheets in the truck and if there is an accident, I tear off a layer and continue on our way.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:01 AM   #28

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
I once traveled for a month through England with three other people, each of us with just one extra change of clothes - primarily nylon and polyester at the time. We spent each night at a bed and breakfast, washed our day clothes by hand at night in the "water closet" sink then laid them out to dry overnight. They would be ready to wear again the next day. Point being, selecting clothes made of travel-friendly fast-drying fabrics can greatly simplify doing laundry on the road.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:13 AM   #29

Quote:
Once was so lucky to get to visit the National Steinbeck Center in Salinas , Ca. Read every book John Steinbeck ever wrote in my youth .
Seeing his camper was a highlight . Never would think I would get to see a Center dedicated to Mr. Steinbeck ,my favorite writer .Pat
Old 08-09-2018, 11:16 AM   #30

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I keep that book with me, in the Escape.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:17 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
There's a relatively simple way to deal with laundromat or campground washers to make sure your clothes are as sanitary as possible. Use only one machine, and make sure to wash your whites first, because you can use hot water and chlorine bleach. This will kill the bad stuff. Do warm or cold water items afterwards. We've used laundromats and campground washers this way on extended trips and it works well.
Still enough to make one queasy . Yuk ! Pat
Old 08-09-2018, 11:18 AM   #32

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Anything you get wet or wash here in AZ, simply put it outside in the sun. Usually completely dry in about 5-10 minutes.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:34 PM   #33

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Once was so lucky to get to visit the National Steinbeck Center in Salinas , Ca. Read every book John Steinbeck ever wrote in my youth .
Seeing his camper was a highlight . Never would think I would get to see a Center dedicated to Mr. Steinbeck ,my favorite writer .Pat
One of my favorite authors also, although Travels With Charley was not his best writing, and has come under some criticism for accuracy. It ironic that when he was alive, the good citizens of Salinas didn't have much use for him. Now, of course, the Steinbeck Center draws in the tourists.
Bob
Old 08-09-2018, 02:14 PM   #34

Quote:
One of my favorite authors also, although Travels With Charley was not his best writing, and has come under some criticism for accuracy. It ironic that when he was alive, the good citizens of Salinas didn't have much use for him. Now, of course, the Steinbeck Center draws in the tourists.
Bob
Hey Bob just like our "Classic 19 's "we like and appreciate John Steinbeck and his writing Pat
Old 08-15-2018, 10:59 AM   #35

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
I have one of these but can't say I've ever needed to use it. I usually pack just the right amount of clothes.

https://www.austinkayak.com/products...hoCNJ4QAvD_BwE
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote