Has anyone seen any pics of the new 17B? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-13-2016, 12:50 PM   #41

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Well, anyone with a sense of color has to admit the Seahawk green is ghastly to look at. But no, not a Seahawk fan nor a fan of any sports. To get further run out of town, I think it's all a huge waste of money for what they pay the players and what people spend on the clothes and such. Think how many homeless all that money would feed and shelter. Along with animals, protecting land (for more camping on!) and all sorts of other stuff.

Yeah, Daubsy had fun with his computer program, didn't he? It was a fun thread and he even did one in royal purple for me. How cool was that?

So, let's see, I've offended the rabid sports fans, rabid beer drinkers, rabid coffee drinkers (in another thread a while ago). Who's next? I'll leave the hunters alone since they have weapons nearby.

How about asking if people prefer cotton or flannel sheets on their trailer beds? That should be a safe topic.

No, but seriously, it'd be fun to put a vinyl skin on your trailer door. People do it with their device covers. I have a leopard patterned one on my ipad mini. Not sure I'd want it on a trailer door though. But hey, why not? Fun, fun, fun!

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:13 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Steve, thanks for the pictures of the 17. I'm sure a lot of prospective customers appreciated them too.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:42 PM   #43

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I agree that vinyl film is a good way to personalize vehicle exteriors without permanently affecting the surface

... but I don't think that's what Lippert is offering. These doors are a sandwich of materials, and the outer layer is apparently a thin sheet of fiberglass. It looks like they're saying that the buyer (which is an RV manufacturer such as Escape, not individuals) can supply that sheet, which Lippert will then use to make the door. The RV manufacturer can send pieces of the same sheet they are using for the RV's walls (which would be the normal case), or they can gelcoat or paint or whatever the surface any way they want, and it comes back to them as the face of a door.

In this case it seems (just my interpretation here) like Escape Trailer Industries could buy fiberglass sheet (which they don't otherwise use) and spray it with their shade of gelcoat (or make the sheet from scratch themselves, again with their standard gelcoat) and send it to Lippert. That would provide the perfect match that Jim is looking for. I think it would be a nice touch, and it would be much better (neater, more durable) than painting or coating after the door is built, although it would certainly increase cost.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:57 PM   #44

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I looked all around their site but didn't find this info. You must have access to some secret pages at all the sites you go to, Brian.
Usually it's just a matter of working through the site structure, keeping in mind the nature of the product and the business. In this case, that means knowing that Lippert's web site is LC1.com (from previous searching), then choosing
  • Products & Capabilities
  • RV
  • Doors & Lamination
  • RV Entry Doors (from Associated Products)
  • Door Options
This does seem more challenging than necessary with many companies.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:09 PM   #45

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Wonder what ETI's planning to do with that or just leave it as it sits.
Jim had a good catch on that, I hadn't noticed at a glance but wasn't looking too closely.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:51 PM   #46

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Homework

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Well, anyone with a sense of color has to admit the Seahawk green is ghastly to look at. But no, not a Seahawk fan nor a fan of any sports. To get further run out of town, I think it's all a huge waste of money for what they pay the players and what people spend on the clothes and such. Think how many homeless all that money would feed and shelter. Along with animals, protecting land (for more camping on!) and all sorts of other stuff.

So, let's see, I've offended the rabid sports fans,
I am not a rabid sports fan but I am well aware of the tens of millions of dollars donated by professional athletes, sports teams including but certainly not limited to the Seahawks and their umbrella organizations for assistance to the sick, homeless, hungry, and less fortunate people all over the world. The NFL play 60 initiative is aimed at better health for all the children involved. A little homework would be preferable to hipshooting when discussing charity in America.
David ( Iowa Dave) Smith
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:21 PM   #47

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I agree that vinyl film is a good way to personalize vehicle exteriors without permanently affecting the surface

... but I don't think that's what Lippert is offering. These doors are a sandwich of materials, and the outer layer is apparently a thin sheet of fiberglass. It looks like they're saying that the buyer (which is an RV manufacturer such as Escape, not individuals) can supply that sheet, which Lippert will then use to make the door.
Gotcha, thanks for explaining that. But, hey, if they can cover a vehicle, I'm sure a place could cover a door with a skin.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:24 PM   #48

Trailer: 2015 17B "Tody"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
This awning is described throughout the thread of 2017 19' Exterior Photos. A very good read.
Thanks Steve (and Debbie?). I will check that out.