Help with 19' build - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-23-2015, 05:16 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 3,856
I had light switches for the drivers side exterior light and 1 interior overhead light added at the door. Also went with an amber lens on the exterior light at the door.
__________________

__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:19 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Ian G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19', 1974 Boler
Posts: 405
If it is any help here is the build sheet for my 19'
Proud Canadian
__________________

__________________
Ian & Joan
2014 Escape 19' & 1974 Custom Boler "Buttercup"
Escape Key Chains at our Camping Treasures web store || www.Proud-Canadian.com blog
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:41 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
santacruzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 686
I like the kitchen window to open. And I only got 4 aluminum rims, on the premise that I'd always have a cover for the spare tire. Reace told me I couldn't get a shut-off valve for the toilet on a 19...maybe it's because you've got the foot pedal model?
__________________
2009 Tacoma Crew Cab, TRD 4WD
2007 Tundra Double Cab TRD 4WD
2014 Escape 19
2007 Norwegian Elkhound "Baxter"
santacruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:46 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
56reader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Trailer: Escape 19
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I had light switches for the drivers side exterior light and 1 interior overhead light added at the door. Also went with an amber lens on the exterior light at the door.
Why amber lens?
__________________
Linda

"Not all those who wander are lost.." JRR Tolkien
56reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:50 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
jamie beers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, British Columbia
Trailer: 19'
Posts: 318
-should come with 1 interior switch for 1 interior light.
-I added a double LED light above the front dinette. I really like it. It means there are plenty of lights in the front area ( I also have captain's lights in corners) which some consider overkill, but I like it because I can customize the lighting any way I wish at the time.
-I added a single LED light over the kitchen sink (for a total of two). I also really like this. I prefer to cook outside, but there has been times when it's been too stormy/windy/late/etc. so I cook inside. I really like good lighting in a kitchen area.
- I can't see mention whether kitchen window is opening or closing. There's been a lot of discussion about that issue.
- larger fridge?
-what's the LED indicator for the water heater?
jamie beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:52 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
bdornbush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Santa Rosa, California
Trailer: 2015 19 foot
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruzer View Post
I like the kitchen window to open. And I only got 4 aluminum rims, on the premise that I'd always have a cover for the spare tire. Reace told me I couldn't get a shut-off valve for the toilet on a 19...maybe it's because you've got the foot pedal model?
I have a 19 on order and asked for a toilet shutoff valve, and they added it, no problemo.
bdornbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:55 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,618
Santacruzer, that used to be the case on the 19, but now they will add the shutoff valve under the driver side dinette bench.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:00 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
56reader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Trailer: Escape 19
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
If it is any help here is the build sheet for my 19'
Proud Canadian
So all the lighting shown is part of interior led lighting?

Nice, and great to have pics!
__________________
Linda

"Not all those who wander are lost.." JRR Tolkien
56reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:04 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
56reader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Trailer: Escape 19
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie beers View Post
-should come with 1 interior switch for 1 interior light.
-I added a double LED light above the front dinette. I really like it. It means there are plenty of lights in the front area ( I also have captain's lights in corners) which some consider overkill, but I like it because I can customize the lighting any way I wish at the time.
-I added a single LED light over the kitchen sink (for a total of two). I also really like this. I prefer to cook outside, but there has been times when it's been too stormy/windy/late/etc. so I cook inside. I really like good lighting in a kitchen area.
- I can't see mention whether kitchen window is opening or closing. There's been a lot of discussion about that issue.
- larger fridge?
-what's the LED indicator for the water heater?
To make sure its not left on, unless needed. I guess more of a reminder for me!
__________________
Linda

"Not all those who wander are lost.." JRR Tolkien
56reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:36 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 3,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56reader View Post
Why amber lens?
Works like the yellow bug lights, our last trailer had one and it worked pretty good. We also like the subdued light it casts.
__________________

__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.