Hesitant thread, delay/cancel production date? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2017, 09:16 PM   #21

Trailer: 21' 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
check with ETI..before your build is due
1. they may charge $200 to move a production date out if a slot is available....
2. cancel your production date before the build is due ..get a refund for $2000 CDN and ETI will keep the $500 CDN for up to year in case you reorder..so if you plan on moving the date beyond the end of the year then this might be a good option as it preserves your deposit, but of course the new year may or may not bring price increases and such....

and then there is the exchange rate roulette....and just to keep it interesting , there is several major analyst now predicting the next oil bust back to about $25 a barrel 1st qtr of 2018!
You're right about option 1, that's what they offered. Great to know about option 2 also. They were able to give me a week delay free, just to help me get my head together.

Crazy small town surgeon yesterday swore up and down my problem was my gallbladder even though the Mayo Clinic never even said that word. Sure enough, today I find out it's big time dead. So....who knows, we might be back up and rolling after a very easy surgery! No promises that's the only problem, but we shall see!!!

BTW, how do oil prices affect things? I'm from a major oil town, so I probably should, but I have no idea how oil prices will affect the USD or this camper purchase!

EDIT: God works in mysterious ways, and boy am I happier than ever to have a defunct gallbladder!!
SouthernCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:40 PM   #22

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCamper View Post

EDIT: God works in mysterious ways, and boy am I happier than ever to have a defunct gallbladder!!
Right!!!! Hoping for many many escapes to come in your own Escape!
Old 07-06-2017, 09:52 PM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Generally, if the price of oil goes down, the Canadian dollar also goes down and your US dollar is worth more.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:01 PM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Good news Adrienne. I suppose gall bladder surgery is much better than what you thought it might be.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:15 PM   #25

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCamper View Post
Crazy small town surgeon yesterday swore up and down my problem was my gallbladder even though the Mayo Clinic never even said that word. Sure enough, today I find out it's big time dead. So....who knows, we might be back up and rolling after a very easy surgery! No promises that's the only problem, but we shall see!!!
I had my gallbladder removed years ago when it started giving me problems. Didn't have much problems with recovery. Just needed help off the couch for a bit, that was it. Dirk had to go in for emergency surgery and it took him quite a long time to recover. So, don't wait around for it to become acute and it needs to be yanked out immediately.

When you come home from the hospital put a pillow over your belly for the ride home. It helps cushion everything.

Good luck.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote