Hesitant thread, delay/cancel production date? - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-04-2017, 11:53 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Trailer: 21' due April 25, 2018
Posts: 278
Hesitant thread, delay/cancel production date?

So, it's become obvious that I might need abdominal surgery sometime in the near future, like this year. I'm a young mom, and my husband is 1 of 2 people in a family start-up business. Long-story short: we get short on hands really quickly around here.

Our production date is July 12, completion date October 12. Today my husband expressed concerns about:
#1 getting the camper to South Louisiana by either spending $5500 to have it shipped or some combination of shipping and meeting if halfway if I'm either having some problems pre-surgery, or dealing with whatever comes after surgery.
#2 just the general unknown of making this big decision when we're a little crazy around here trying to figure out what will happen with me.
#3 he wanted to make a special area to keep the camper happy here at home (maybe gravel, maybe an extended concrete slab, some additional fencing, etc) and he's concerned about that additional stress of trying to manage all of that while we've got a big issue in the wind.

My take is that after staying in hotel at the Mayo Clinic this year, I would be happy to be able to sleep in our own home away from home camper if I needed surgery out of state. That being said, I see his valid reservations.

Any input? Any options besides completely dropping out? Our original completion date was December, which would give us more time to get our heads on straight, but this was happily moved up when production increased this year. I don't want to lose our October born camper, I would love to stay in it after surgery vs a hotel, but I'm trying to see the best option.

Has anyone ever switched production dates? We're really last minute here, July 12th is around the corner. Waiting on response from ETI on options...
__________________

SouthernCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:09 AM   #2
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Posts: 9,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCamper View Post
So, it's become obvious that I might need abdominal surgery sometime in the near future, like this year. I'm a young mom, and my husband is 1 of 2 people in a family start-up business. Long-story short: we get short on hands really quickly around here.

Our production date is July 12, completion date October 12. Today my husband expressed concerns about:
#1 getting the camper to South Louisiana by either spending $5500 to have it shipped or some combination of shipping and meeting if halfway if I'm either having some problems pre-surgery, or dealing with whatever comes after surgery.
#2 just the general unknown of making this big decision when we're a little crazy around here trying to figure out what will happen with me.
#3 he wanted to make a special area to keep the camper happy here at home (maybe gravel, maybe an extended concrete slab, some additional fencing, etc) and he's concerned about that additional stress of trying to manage all of that while we've got a big issue in the wind.

My take is that after staying in hotel at the Mayo Clinic this year, I would be happy to be able to sleep in our own home away from home camper if I needed surgery out of state. That being said, I see his valid reservations.

Any input? Any options besides completely dropping out? Our original completion date was December, which would give us more time to get our heads on straight, but this was happily moved up when production increased this year. I don't want to lose our October born camper, I would love to stay in it after surgery vs a hotel, but I'm trying to see the best option.

Has anyone ever switched production dates? We're really last minute here, July 12th is around the corner. Waiting on response from ETI on options...
Very sorry to hear about your health issues, and wishing you a speedy recovery!

You're on the right track contacting Escape about it. They have always seemed very accommodating and I'm pretty sure they will either let you swap production dates, or perhaps let you store the completed trailer at ETI until you're able to pick up.
__________________

__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:35 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Mike Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Santa Rosa County, Florida
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Posts: 2,019
My trailer was ready in Fall 2013 but ETI stored it over the winter and I picked it up the following April. So unless something has changed, they will store it for you.

Good luck to you.
__________________
Mike Lewis
Photos and travelogues here: mikelewisimages.com
Mike Lewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:24 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Trailer: 21' due April 25, 2018
Posts: 278
I forgot about the storage fact. Thank you. That may seal the deal for us.

Another aspect is the chance that we may decide that it's just too much to commit to right now, as we have only a week before we're in production and are pretty unsure what our year looks like. I've read posts asking to trade production dates with others on the list. Is this actually done, are we too close to production to make this move?
SouthernCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:49 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
float5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Denison, Texas
Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Posts: 5,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCamper View Post
I forgot about the storage fact. Thank you. That may seal the deal for us.

Another aspect is the chance that we may decide that it's just too much to commit to right now, as we have only a week before we're in production and are pretty unsure what our year looks like. I've read posts asking to trade production dates with others on the list. Is this actually done, are we too close to production to make this move?
You can't arrange with another member to trade dates. Only ETI can do that.
__________________
Cathy. Floating Cloud
"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.... "
Emerson
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:51 AM   #6
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Posts: 9,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCamper View Post
I've read posts asking to trade production dates with others on the list. Is this actually done, are we too close to production to make this move?
It's all up to Escape, but I think that would be doable, provided they have a future owner who has already completed their build sheet and could move on short notice. As always, Escape would give you the best answer.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:55 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Marry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ponoka, Alberta
Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Posts: 1,602
Adrienne, try give Tammy a call. Ask what options you have. They are very understanding and probably will help in every way they can.
Really hope you are going to be okay!!!
__________________
"never lose hope, never lose faith"
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:58 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Olympia wa, Washington
Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Posts: 1,877
Don't stress over this if it doesn't work right now it's ok you can do it later what's important is your health and your happiness contact Escape they will work with you. I changed my mind several times you need to do what is right for you right now - it's all yours it's just a matter of timing.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:00 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Trailer: 21' due April 25, 2018
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
Don't stress over this if it doesn't work right now it's ok you can do it later what's important is your health and your happiness contact Escape they will work with you. I changed my mine several times you need to do what right for you right now it's all yours it's just a matter of timing.
Glad to know I'm not the only one. I suppose if it doesn't happen RIGHT NOW it will be OK. I hate staying in hotels, but suppose that's a small price to pay vs causing more family stress. Good message, thank you!
SouthernCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:29 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: kootenays, British Columbia
Trailer: 2013 17b
Posts: 175
Sorry to hear of your potential surgery and dilemma.
This is from the Escape website regarding storage -

"If you are unable to pick the trailer up once it is finished we will be more than happy to store your trailer free of charge for 3 months ($100.00cdn/month after that) until you are able to pick it up or have it delivered. Please note with this option your trailer warranty does not take affect until you take possession of the trailer."
__________________

kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.