How do you use your front storage box? Or do you use that space for something else? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2015, 01:41 PM   #31
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Perhaps mud flaps on the rear tires may help those with water intrusion issues.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:37 PM   #32

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Bigfoot has both a cover shaped to the tongue to hide the propane (and presumably batteries), plus an optional wide box that comes with a frame extension to fit it in - the box is optional, and integrated with the tank cover. Although optional, the cargo box seems to be shown in all of their website photos. The Escape box is limited in space and access, but at least it uses available space instead of requiring a longer frame.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:11 PM   #33

Trailer: Escape 21', "Cardinals' Nest"
Talking Beer storage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
If you drill a couple of holes in the bottom of the box to improve drainage, and fill the box with ice, it makes an excellent cooler (albeit uninsulated). It sure can hold a lot of beer on a hot day.b
With the 100 lb limit, it better be LITE beer!
Art M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 06:18 PM   #34

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Bigfoot has both a cover shaped to the tongue to hide the propane (and presumably batteries), plus an optional wide box that comes with a frame extension to fit it in - the box is optional, and integrated with the tank cover. Although optional, the cargo box seems to be shown in all of their website photos. The Escape box is limited in space and access, but at least it uses available space instead of requiring a longer frame.
Brian ,the most important purpose of the front storage box is protecting the front of trailer . Inside ,very handy putting wet stinky hoses , chocks etc. also covers up your expensive batteries . I for one am glad Escape has this option . As soon as I saw the snap on vinyl that would go on there if you didn't have the storage box ,that did it for us . Tammy said you would have to keep replacing also . The box in our opinion is really worth it and so glad Escape made this option . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:11 PM   #35

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Agree that the box really protects the front of the trailer. I did not want to spend the $700 but don't know where we would put sewer stuff and all of the many blocks we have and chocks and more. There was a good amount of space in the box for those items even when we had the batteries in the box. Now batteries are elsewhere so it is even better.

There are Escape owners from when there was no box option going back to the factory to get the box and others who could not decide.

Some put chairs and stoves in there but we don't know how they fit them. We have our WDH arms there so that is why.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:34 PM   #36

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Agree that the box really protects the front of the trailer. I did not want to spend the $700 but don't know where we would put sewer stuff and all of the many blocks we have and chocks and more. There was a good amount of space in the box for those items even when we had the batteries in the box. Now batteries are elsewhere so it is even better.

There are Escape owners from when there was no box option going back to the factory to get the box and others who could not decide.

Some put chairs and stoves in there but we don't know how they fit them. We have our WDH arms there so that is why.
We too looked at the cost and removed it from our build list . Going to Escape and seeing really what it was and if we didn't get it what we were getting ,that made our decision for us . And thanks to the patience and the help from Kim , it went back on the build list . Now it is amazing how we almost didn't get storage box and it is the top of the list favorite . I think you could say we love that storage box . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:39 PM   #37

Trailer: Escape 19
Thank you all for your input. I saw all of the Escape 19 trailers in Georgia today. Both of 'em. I'm still not convinced that any of my in-laws will fit in that box, so th ejury is still out. Of course I'll change my mind a bahzillion times before I actually get to place an order for an Escape
Richard in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:16 AM   #38

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19 "Tortuga"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard in Georgia View Post
I'm still not convinced that any of my in-laws will fit in that box, so th ejury is still out. Of course I'll change my mind a bahzillion times before I actually get to place an order for an Escape
cut 'em up in small enough pieces and you can get 2 or 3 in there!

I am soooo looking forward to adding mine. after traveling around the country once (20,000 miles in 7 months) we are gearing up for trip #2 (it's our job!) and the box is going to give us so much flexibility AND protect the front side of the Casa de Tortuga.

here's an article about our trip:

http://kokatat.com/blog/2015/12/shel...me-is-wherever

good luck and good choice for your "Escape"!

steve
flatpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:51 AM   #39

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
We have the storage box on our 19. It served the previous owner well and continues to carry many items essential to our camping convenience. 2---6 volt batteries, wood blocks and two 2X6 boards to level with, 2 ball X chocks, 2 plastic chocks, big screwdriver, stabilizer crank, cheater pipe for spring bar, charcoal starter, bundle of western red cedar kindling, etc. We would not be without it. A little water comes in after driving a monsoon. I just dab it out with an old hand towel. The protection the box gives the trailer, the things it holds, the "lid shelf" when closed and my hands are full, all add up to what I consider easily in the top 5 options we have on the Escape. Lockable with 2 small master locks, keyed alike.
Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:25 PM   #40

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21
storage box and etc.

Dave, I hate to have things that are not being used and I'm glad the 19 is well used after 5 years . I believe the tires might need to be changed from wear instead of age. Also I realized I have a very good hatchet in my tool box that I never used so it is now in my Jeep just in case I discover a use. Thanks for the idea.
Jack

azjack is offline   Reply With Quote