I'd love to hear your ideas for cheaper delivery - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2017, 10:22 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
It was a delightful trip out and back to Chilliwack and recommended if possible. Out in 5 days and back in 5 days so 2 weekends and a full week could do it if you enjoy driving.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:50 AM   #22

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot TF20 DLX Fifth Wheel
While I would like nothing more than to cross another item off my bucket list (Camping in the Rockies) a trip like this would use most of my available vacation and limit my ability to camp more than simple overnights for the balance of the year. I'd be reduced to lovingly adoring my new camper while it sits in the driveway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
It was a delightful trip out and back to Chilliwack and recommended if possible. Out in 5 days and back in 5 days so 2 weekends and a full week could do it if you enjoy driving.
TheWanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:56 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
This thread has been active for nearly two years and we know things change over time. Whether ETI would willing hand over the title to a trailer (ownership) to someone who is NOT the owner is only a question ETI can answer. This is why the import happens in Sumas, to the owner, or through their contract carrier.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:21 PM   #24

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
The delivery transport driver has you sign a form that they delivered the trailer in good shape. I'm not sure the transport driver would feel real comfortable having someone other than the actual owner sign off on that form. But you an always ask.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:30 PM   #25

It's a no go

I just received a reply Meagan at ETI and they no longer offer this delivery option to Goshen; $2.20 a mile makes delivery to Danville, KY over $5k
Old 10-02-2017, 04:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
I just received a reply Meagan at ETI and they no longer offer this delivery option to Goshen; $2.20 a mile makes delivery to Danville, KY over $5k
I'm probably treading ground already covered, but is that over $5k Canadian? And if so, did you do the CAD to USD conversion (currently x .8)? Also, we saved a bunch by doubling up with a delivery to Arkansas (is others have noted). Are you confident the price you were quoted was for a single delivery to you, or part of a multiple delivery?
Old 10-02-2017, 04:14 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
One thing to consider is that Escape is shipping the trailers on a flat bed or on a trailer behind it. The wheels are not on the ground so when you receive the trailer it has no mileage on it, no damage, no chips. Just wash the bugs off and go camping. Many of these shipping companies will tow your trailer and not carry it on a truck.
Unless they ship out of Chilliwack during a winter blizzard and your camper arrives in Alabama covered with road salt and grime! Washed right off. No problem other that a little salt corrosion on electrical contacts in the power cord.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:29 PM   #28

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Whether ETI would willing hand over the title to a trailer (ownership) to someone who is NOT the owner is only a question ETI can answer. This is why the import happens in Sumas, to the owner, or through their contract carrier.
Yes, only ETI can make that decision. I have been handed control of a vessel in foreign waters on the strength of a notarized document. Likely that would be quite adequate in this case but it does come down to ETI's comfort level.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:56 AM   #29

Trailer: Escape 19 2018
Send a message via AIM to Farmerdoug
Have you come up with a plan to reduce the delivery charge? My Escape is to be completed March 2nd. I am thinking meeting the delivery part way, and then picking up the Escape 19 and traveling south. Since we have a trip planned I can't fly out and rent a truck to return, as my truck will be packed for the trip. ETI no longer is offering a discount to Goshen.
Farmerdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:33 PM   #30

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5TA
The delivery cost were a small part of the trailer cost. It was all financed. More money I can earn, more time is not attainable. When I do go out west it will be at my leisure.

The delivery went well and I got to meet and talk to a very interesting person. Watching him unload two trailers loaded on a flatbed with nothing more than a winch, a wheel, and a short piece of pipe was very interesting.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20150331_110803.jpg   IMG_20150331_114927.jpg  
strawbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:42 PM   #31

I had 2 of my 3 Escapes delivered. The first delivery had 3 units, the second only 2, so the costs were different. They can carry 2 and tow one behind for 3 total units.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:08 PM   #32

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I had 2 of my 3 Escapes delivered. The first delivery had 3 units, the second only 2, so the costs were different. They can carry 2 and tow one behind for 3 total units.
Hi: cpaharley2008... Best to go get 'er. What a vacation trip!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:01 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: cpaharley2008... Best to go get 'er. What a vacation trip!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Yes, I agree, it was like Christmas in September......Chilliwack is a lovely place.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:46 AM   #34

Strawbarry,

You said it! If'n we can afford the delivery, we'll be meeting the truck much closer to home to take delivery. It won't bother me to pull my new toy several hundred miles, but taking two weeks of vacation for a road trip, at a dead run, with no time to play along the way ain't my idea of a good time.

But hey, thanks for your pictures and the articulation of the value of meeting the driver. Nice shots!

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawbarry View Post
The delivery cost were a small part of the trailer cost. It was all financed. More money I can earn, more time is not attainable. When I do go out west it will be at my leisure.

The delivery went well and I got to meet and talk to a very interesting person. Watching him unload two trailers loaded on a flatbed with nothing more than a winch, a wheel, and a short piece of pipe was very interesting.