I'd love to hear your ideas for cheaper delivery - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2015, 07:55 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 19
Question I'd love to hear your ideas for cheaper delivery

Forgive me a zillion times if this has been asked and answered, but I'm gonna ask anyway ... Isn't there a cheaper was to get delivery than $2 per mile?

I'd love to make the road trip over the river and thru the woods, but with my bladder and ADD it'd will take me 2 weeks to get there and I'm NOT retired yet.

Has anybody ever cooped with other East Coasters and ordered a full truckload ? I think I could get a full truckload for $2 per mile (or less) Has anyone contacted Escape or a professional shipping company to ask this?

Your thoughst?

Richard in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:09 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Both of my deliveries were with multiple trailers being delivered with a savings to all. The best bet maybe a trip to Goshen, In where Escape gets most of their parts on the return trips. I believe you can get something less expensive delivered there.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:11 AM   #3

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
We have had the same dilemma. I did check with a professional shipping company, and what we found was that it was even more expensive to go that way. And as far as going through Escape, I think they only offer two options. For $2 (Canadian) per mile, you can have it delivered directly to your door. Or for a flat $4000 (again Canadian, so currently around $3000 US I think), they can deliver it to Goshen Indiana and you can meet the delivery company there and take possession. In both of these instances, it does not matter how many campers are on the truck, you pay the same regardless. While that seems very odd to me, that is just the way it is. We have lucked out and someone (a retired, soon to be Escape owner) has offered to pick up our camper and deliver it to our door, at a slightly lower per mile rate than Escape. But when you're talking 2500 miles, slightly lower can translate to significant savings.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:57 AM   #4

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Or find a friend, relative, or retired person who wiuld be willing to make the trip for you.
"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:42 AM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard in Georgia View Post
Forgive me a zillion times if this has been asked and answered, but I'm gonna ask anyway ... Isn't there a cheaper was to get delivery than $2 per mile?

I'd love to make the road trip over the river and thru the woods, but with my bladder and ADD it'd will take me 2 weeks to get there and I'm NOT retired yet.

Has anybody ever cooped with other East Coasters and ordered a full truckload ? I think I could get a full truckload for $2 per mile (or less) Has anyone contacted Escape or a professional shipping company to ask this?

Your thoughst?
Hi: Richard in Georgia... Sorry I can't make a cheaper suggestion but the Destination/delivery charge on my wife's Focus for the 150 mile trip was $1500!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040201.jpg (313.9 KB, 23 views)
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:41 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
I've used U-Ship (a consolidator/broker) to ship trailers and tractors a few times; worked well for me. Had a Casita brought by flatbed from Denver 1281 miles to Portland, Oregon in the dead of winter over the Rockies for $975 (tip included.) https://www.uship.com/

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:39 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 19
tractors 1 - I got an estimate from uship "Your range is between $962-$2,360 with an average price of $1,573." .... for a Escape 19 .... I need some due diligence on this outfit.
Richard in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 03:33 PM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
One thing to consider is that Escape is shipping the trailers on a flat bed or on a trailer behind it. The wheels are not on the ground so when you receive the trailer it has no mileage on it, no damage, no chips. Just wash the bugs off and go camping. Many of these shipping companies will tow your trailer and not carry it on a truck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0060.jpg (190.2 KB, 48 views)
Old 12-07-2015, 07:05 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
As far as I know, Escape has sent trailers towed on the ground, not flatbed every time. Don't know if they still ever do that.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:09 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard in Georgia View Post
tractors 1 - I got an estimate from uship "Your range is between $962-$2,360 with an average price of $1,573." .... for a Escape 19 .... I need some due diligence on this outfit.
Sent you a PM

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote