If you have white Formica.... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2016, 02:30 PM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray B. View Post
When you go to formica.com do you see any product numbers that end in "58"?
Here is a link: Formica® Laminate - Basalt Slate This color has a 58 and a 34 finish.
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 02:31 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
As was stated above, you just need the matte finish, regardless of color. That is what the "58" means. If you want a different finish there is an upcharge.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:49 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Ok thanks. That is very helpful. I now see that you have to surf through the swatches to find the ones that have the code 58 which designates the matte finish. Believe it or not, this was driving me crazy!
Ray B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:08 PM   #24

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Ok thanks. That is very helpful. I now see that you have to surf through the swatches to find the ones that have the code 58 which designates the matte finish. Believe it or not, this was driving me crazy!
Oh well, you still have a few months
Enjoy designing YOUR trailer!!
Old 12-19-2016, 03:27 PM   #25

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Ray, If you go to Lowe's or Home Depot and check out their Formica brand display of counter top samples (little 2" x 3" tabs), it will be pretty evident both by appearance and item number printed on the back of each tab which are the matte finish 58's. Sometimes if you look around, you can find a whole display kitchen set up in the store with a style of counter top you like so you can see a bigger finished area of it. Grab a few tabs that you like and take them over to flooring to put them up against the different flooring samples to see what looks good side-by-side. Just as an example, we started by selecting our custom fabric, then picked a custom Formica to complement it, then decided the stock flooring went well with both, so we just stuck with that. Finally, we picked a neutral trim for the counter top that went with everything, and we were done. Best of luck with your selections.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:51 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Thanks for your help. Some great ideas!
Ray B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 04:48 PM   #27

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Ok, so when I am in the web site, I don't see any heading that mentions "matte finish."
No, the swatches page doesn't have that, but a Google search of the Formica site for "Matte (Finish Code: 58)" produces a list of links to web pages for patterns which are available in the required matte finish. There might be a better way to search, but that works.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:54 AM   #28

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Formica is great and really quick sending out samples. They are free - make sure you select the larger 5"x7" samples - much better than the little 2"x3". Too bad we couldn't all "pool" our samples somehow - bet we'd pretty much have them all with all the members on the forum! PS: If you "mistakenly" click on commercial/business instead of just "a person", they will send as many as you want. (Limit of 5 if you order as "a person") Just sayin'...
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 05:46 AM   #29

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
I agree that white may "look awesome." I had white in my Scamp because that was what Scamp used. However, for practical purposes I hated it. I found myself wetting a paper towel 3 or 4 times a day to clean smudges. It shows even the slightest amount of "dirt" from whatever touches it. My spouse felt the same way.
When I ordered my 5.0TA, I opted for the standard brown. While it may not "look awesome," we are both much happier with it than with a lighter color. To us, the brown is less of an aggravation.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:48 AM   #30

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
I agree that white may "look awesome." I had white in my Scamp because that was what Scamp used. However, for practical purposes I hated it. I found myself wetting a paper towel 3 or 4 times a day to clean smudges. It shows even the slightest amount of "dirt" from whatever touches it. My spouse felt the same way.
When I ordered my 5.0TA, I opted for the standard brown. While it may not "look awesome," we are both much happier with it than with a lighter color. To us, the brown is less of an aggravation.
We did the white Carrera Blanco 6696-58 (matte finish) and love it. It looks like white marble. It's an alternative to plain white so doesn't show smudges etc. We went with the white trim and button caps as well. I would definitely do it again.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote