Last few questions on build sheet - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2017, 09:07 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I envision 20 years from now, wearing hi-tech glasses, certain persons in cities will be able to go camping without leaving their high rises, virtual camping. Makes everything else obsolete, sort of like the movie Total Recall where you take a vacation during your lunch time.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:18 PM   #22

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19, 2010 Palomino Y series prior
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I've got four months to go on my Sirius subscription ( prepaid ) and the 'Executive' dock that I use in the trailer no longer works. Sirius advised me to buy a new radio.
Not going to do that. I have my iPod, iPhone and Bluetooth speaker. I can download thousands of podcasts on science, history, politics, etc. at home, and have hours of music.
I can listen inside and outside the trailer and when something breaks, there is no hole where it used to be.
Make sure you cancel, as just because its prepaid does not mean it won't expire and they keep sending you bills in the mail because your prepaid subscription has ended.

To OP, I missed, what is your tow vehicle?
I'd take the storage box personally, as its a handy spot for "dirty items" like cords, clothes lines, soaking wet towel, camp chairs etc. Just be careful with tongue weight. Very easy to get out of control with weight on the front when you have front storage.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:42 PM   #23

Trailer: 2018 19'
The stainless sink was standard in my 2017b. Stainless stovetop was optional, didn't get & am fine with the black. Front storage box is a must have & also like the passenger side outside storage.
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:43 PM   #24

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I envision 20 years from now, wearing hi-tech glasses, certain persons in cities will be able to go camping without leaving their high rises, virtual camping. Makes everything else obsolete, sort of like the movie Total Recall where you take a vacation during your lunch time.
I doubt hi-tech glasses will ever replace the feeling of that first step out of your trailer on a cool, fresh morning camped out in your favorite wilderness hideaway. At least I hope they never do....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:08 PM   #25

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
I'm doubt hi-tech glasses will ever replace the feeling of that first step out of your trailer on a cool, fresh morning camped out in your favorite wilderness hideaway. At least I hope they never do....

Lets imagine it.
You strap on your headset.
The 3D display shows you a view of a mountain meadow with a gently burbling brook running by your feet. The scent processors faithfully mimic the scents while the headphones give you the sound of the brook and the sound of distant birds.

All of a sudden a large bare butt appears in front of you and your headphones rattle with the sound of someone cutting cheese. And the scent processor emits a foul scent.
Text slowly scrolls across your display.
Contrats n00b you have been pwned by Syntaxus 1337 Я0XX0ЯZ
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 09:41 PM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
This vision of the future is kinda reminding me of the Edward G. Robinson death scene in Solent Green
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:12 AM   #27

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
Lets imagine it. ...
Uhm.... I'd rather NOT imagine that....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote