Looking for photos of formica and flooring optipns - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2019, 03:44 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 21' Escape (picking up in August 2020)
Looking for photos of formica and flooring optipns

Hi there! My husband and I are working on our build sheet, and this is the first of what I hope aren't too many questions. I thought it would be best to keep the scope of these threads to specific topics, but if it's preferred to group them all into one thread, I'll change my approach.

I've been mulling over options for the formica and flooring to go along with our maple interior, and I just learned that we can mix and match the various options without an extra charge. I believe that's a new policy.

I ordered samples, but I'd also love to see photos of the following colors in action (in any combo!):

Formica – Silver Quartzite #9497-58
Formica – Flax Gauze #7708-58

Flooring – Mill Creek Axle #4182
Flooring – Havana Tobacco #4041

I've been through the Friday thread, but it's so difficult to tell which option is which!

Related to this, I have my heart set on cork flooring but Escape has told me they won't install it. I'm trying to decide whether I can make one of those flooring options work, although the mid-term vision is to replace the flooring with cork. We're full-timing, so the decor does matter to me.

Thank you so much! So excited to join this community.

Ordering: 21' Escape, maple interior
brig33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:04 PM   #2

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by brig33 View Post
Formica – Silver Quartzite #9497-58
We went with Marfil Antico #9478-58 with cream trim in our 2017 21'. It's a little lighter than the Silver Quartzite, but you'll get an idea of what the stone appearance might look like. We like ours a lot. Just my opinion, but I think the Silver Quartzite and Havana Tobacco would look nice together. Best of luck with your decisions.
By the way - welcome to the forum!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC09172.jpg   DSC09173.jpg   DSC09174.jpg   DSC09175.jpg  
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:12 AM   #3

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Hello Brig33!
Congratulations on your future Escape!
We just went through the build sheet process, and the choices can be overwhelming.

Here are a few photos that may assist you in your decisions. We went with the Silver Quartzsite and Mill Creek Axle, believing these to be fairly neutral surroundings which will enhance our cushion fabric choice ( A seafoam grayed blue-green solid faux leather).
We also chose the maple interior. ( sorry, I couldn’t rotate the photos)

1. Silver Quartzsite and Havana tobacco
2. Silver Quartzsite and Mill Creek axle
3. Mill Creek axle
4. Havana tobacco

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
D578FBC2-B1E1-4584-AE3A-3CA0F630D7C4.jpeg   E000CF5C-A47C-4DB0-A4EE-EBFDC288F275.jpeg   42E8C36A-1ADB-4255-92F4-6E31388862EF.jpeg   D655C74B-8671-47AE-9CD2-B5183B4971D8.jpeg  
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:49 AM   #4

Thank you so much! As an aside, I love your upholstery fabric. It looks fantastic with the rest of your choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
We went with Marfil Antico #9478-58 with cream trim in our 2017 21'. It's a little lighter than the Silver Quartzite, but you'll get an idea of what the stone appearance might look like. We like ours a lot. Just my opinion, but I think the Silver Quartzite and Havana Tobacco would look nice together. Best of luck with your decisions.
By the way - welcome to the forum!
Old 11-09-2019, 09:52 AM   #5

This is so helpful!! It's so great to see the flooring with the cabinets; it really gives context to the images Escape provided.

Where were you able to compare samples with the cabinets? Did you head up to ETI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
Hello Brig33!
Congratulations on your future Escape!
We just went through the build sheet process, and the choices can be overwhelming.

Here are a few photos that may assist you in your decisions. We went with the Silver Quartzsite and Mill Creek Axle, believing these to be fairly neutral surroundings which will enhance our cushion fabric choice ( A seafoam grayed blue-green solid faux leather).
We also chose the maple interior. ( sorry, I couldn’t rotate the photos)

1. Silver Quartzsite and Havana tobacco
2. Silver Quartzsite and Mill Creek axle
3. Mill Creek axle
4. Havana tobacco

Good luck!
Old 11-09-2019, 11:23 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Our 2010 17B's floor was a very light color with small scattered "freckles". That shows a lot less dirt and small dings than their current stock flooring. We wanted it for our 21, however were told it was no longer available.

Ask an interior designer and they will probably tell you that a dark floor in such a small space will make it look smaller, and show more dust and dirt.

I wish we had given our counters some pop with something like a Turquoise. Met a couple in WA who had a similar color and it was Wilson Art- something ETI once did, however later closed choices to anything but Formica. Maybe the New ETI will reconsider.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:00 PM   #7

It's funny you should mention the pop of color! I currently am sitting with a bunch of Formica samples, and the two that appeal to me the most are a very pale icy blue called Moonstone and a more turquoise color called Liquid Glass.

I've been thinking that it would be fun to lean into the idea that it's a camper, and not to be so serious with the design.

If I do swap out the floors with cork, these colors would give the trailer a more mid mod style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Our 2010 17B's floor was a very light color with small scattered "freckles". That shows a lot less dirt and small dings than their current stock flooring. We wanted it for our 21, however were told it was no longer available.

Ask an interior designer and they will probably tell you that a dark floor in such a small space will make it look smaller, and show more dust and dirt.

I wish we had given our counters some pop with something like a Turquoise. Met a couple in WA who had a similar color and it was Wilson Art- something ETI once did, however later closed choices to anything but Formica. Maybe the New ETI will reconsider.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:50 PM   #8

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Compare flooring to Maple interior

I just had the photographs to work off of.
But having said that, looking at the photos, I felt that the warm tones in the Havana flooring somehow didn’t go that well with the maple interior.
Maybe it’s too much wood? Not the right kind of wood? The Mill axle grey-ish flooring looked better to me with the maple interior. Perhaps it’s because that grey-colored flooring is more neutral?
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:52 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape 19 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post

We are in the middle of choosing, 19' build sheet due Wed. We are going with the Havana Tobacco floor also. Interesting comment on the dark floor. We have similar flooring in our laundry room/utility room area, and I never thought it made the space smaller. Gonna check out that Mill Creek Axel again! We are going with a reddish striped pattern Sunbrella custom fabric that we found at JT's, hope it all works. Might go back and revisit the Formica choice as we thought Basalt Slate or Mineral Jet.
LarryLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 02:17 PM   #10

Oh no! I hope this discussion is helpful for you and not too frustrating with your build sheet nearly finished!

Generally speaking, dark colors tend to shrink spaces and light colors tend to open them up. However, it can be really nice to strategically use dark colors in a small space to give it some grounding. Since you already have a fabric picked out, I would look at the tones of the colors together. Even if you go with mostly dark finishes, it could create a nice, cozy retreat.

Although I will say that my experience also shows that dark floors show every speck of dirt (and cat hair!!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLSB View Post
We are in the middle of choosing, 19' build sheet due Wed. We are going with the Havana Tobacco floor also. Interesting comment on the dark floor. We have similar flooring in our laundry room/utility room area, and I never thought it made the space smaller. Gonna check out that Mill Creek Axel again! We are going with a reddish striped pattern Sunbrella custom fabric that we found at JT's, hope it all works. Might go back and revisit the Formica choice as we thought Basalt Slate or Mineral Jet.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brig33 View Post
Oh no! I hope this discussion is helpful for you and not too frustrating with your build sheet nearly finished!

Generally speaking, dark colors tend to shrink spaces and light colors tend to open them up. However, it can be really nice to strategically use dark colors in a small space to give it some grounding. Since you already have a fabric picked out, I would look at the tones of the colors together. Even if you go with mostly dark finishes, it could create a nice, cozy retreat.

Although I will say that my experience also shows that dark floors show every speck of dirt (and cat hair!!).
No its all good as we've decided everything. Luckily we have two friends that just picked up their trailers recently, so we have see them first hand. I'm gonna let my better half make the final decisions on all of the colors, so she will revisit the Mill Creek Axel. We have lighter bamboo flooring in our kitchen/family room and it was amazing how it "hid" the yellow lab's fur! Plus we are upgrading from an 06 Casita SD, with all stock "colors" so this will be great (although the new Casitas have stepped it up).
Old 11-09-2019, 03:07 PM   #12

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
I'm not up on options...are these choices offered by Escape now? Something to think about - Silver Quartzite has a very strong repetitive pattern that might look a little wonky.

I also can't see mixing cool, silvery shades with warm wood tones. I'm assuming the maple is warm like the oak interiors. I do like that Havana Tobacco flooring though.

But to each his own preference! I went with Travertine 3526-58 laminate which was very neutral and coordinated perfectly with the standard flooring and window shades offered at the time (2015). It also was perfect with my fabric and didn't have a noticeable repeat.
Attached Thumbnails
Silver quartzite.jpg   IMG_7812.2.jpg   IMG_2092.jpg  
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 04:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindy View Post
I'm not up on options...are these choices offered by Escape now? Something to think about - Silver Quartzite has a very strong repetitive pattern that might look a little wonky.

I also can't see mixing cool, silvery shades with warm wood tones. I'm assuming the maple is warm like the oak interiors. I do like that Havana Tobacco flooring though.

But to each his own preference! I went with Travertine 3526-58 laminate which was very neutral and coordinated perfectly with the standard flooring and window shades offered at the time (2015). It also was perfect with my fabric and didn't have a noticeable repeat.
Yep, nice to personalize! Love the red! My only dilemma left is to get the fancy wheels. Little bling is nice, and I upgraded our Casita with alloy wheels when we went from 14" to 15".