Lots of photos of the NEW 2017 19' Trailer - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2016, 05:17 AM   #41

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm not sure but that exterior hatch looks the same as before? Reese mentioned a bigger one since there are no longer awning arms restricting placement?
Old 04-01-2016, 07:18 AM   #42

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Here is the hatch info
2017 19' Standard Features and Options
Some of the new changes for the 2017 19'...

Standard Rear Upper Brake/Signal Lights.
Flat door with integrated screen door.
Optional Double Pane Frameless windows
Larger Exterior Hatch (10x24 rather than 9x18)
Old 04-01-2016, 07:33 AM   #43

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I imagine that Escape has a lot on their plate, what with the renovations finally started, months behind schedule, but I see that there has been some progress since I was there a month ago. At that time, the door and windows were in the first shell, but that was about it.

A wee titbit regarding the moulds, and Reace's desire to put out a good product. When I was there he had sent the moulds back to the company that was building them, as he was not 100% satisfied with them, mostly due to the fact that the finish was not perfect in a couple places. Just a small thing, but something that cost him a bunch of time. By doing this work on the 19 mould, it meant the others were pushed back as far as completion goes too.

As a renovation contractor I fully understand how these types of delays happen, and just wanted to point out that for those that are anxious for things to progress, you can only imagine how the folks at Escape feel.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:39 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Larger Exterior Hatch (10x24 rather than 9x18) [/I]
For those not aware, my 19 was one of the first to be made, and the awning was back from where it was subsequently put shortly after. Though this did cause conflict with the awning arm and the door, it did allow me to put in a much larger hatch.

The difference with having a larger hatch is HUGE. It allowed much better access to stow things under the bed from outside, and let in a lot more natural light to see what you were doing too. This new hatch is 50% bigger.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-01-2016, 08:03 AM   #45

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
For those not aware, my 19 was one of the first to be made, and the awning was back from where it was subsequently put shortly after. Though this did cause conflict with the awning arm and the door, it did allow me to put in a much larger hatch.

The difference with having a larger hatch is HUGE. It allowed much better access to stow things under the bed from outside, and let in a lot more natural light to see what you were doing too. This new hatch is 50% bigger.
Hi: Jim Bennett... Does it open up or down? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:10 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Jim Bennett... Does it open up or down? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Mine opened down, but you can go either way, Alf.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:14 AM   #47

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
I really like the look of the new frameless windows.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:15 PM   #48

Trailer: 19 ft. Feb 21 2017
soo. what are Bali blinds?
"we really want the Bali blinds inside. I'm not a fan of the accordian type blinds and since I like to sleep in a really dark room"

I'm also a fan of dark sleeping .....
flatlandreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:27 PM   #49

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
They're mini blinds....or micro; Home Depot sells them. The accordion referred to are pleated shades, which we like. To me mini blinds in a small trailer are more prone to bending If aluminum and the weight of vinyl could be a potential issue in performance having had both in our home.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:04 PM   #50

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
You can go to the Bali site to see more of what their blinds are like. Plus, you can order 10 free samples of the type you're interested in, which I just did a short while ago. We'll get the 3/4" double cell shades, either room darkening or blackout.

Custom Window Treatments | Bali Blinds and Shades

I've included a photo of the current style blind full extended. Personally, I just don't like 'em and I'm thrilled that I have another option. When I was talking with Tammy yesterday she said some people had been asking for the option for different style shades and the straighter walls will give them that option. Like me!

I'm hoping to time it so I can view the 2017 21' when it's all completed, except for the blinds. I don't know at what stage they put them in, but I'll ask when it gets closer to the time for when they're working on the interiors. It'd be great if I could go up before their blinds are in place and see how one of ours would look in there. We can pop one of the smaller ones off our wall and haul it up there with us. It won't be an exact fit, but it'll give a good idea. I might have to back the blinds off a bit from the wall to clear the interior window frame. I can attach them to the underneath of the cabinets with an inside/ceiling type mount. Of course I'll report back to this forum once I've done so and will supply photos.

PS: we're getting the cordless type
Attached Thumbnails
DSC02438-1.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:10 PM   #51

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Thanks, Laura. When you get it all figured out please do let us know what sizes to order, what hardware is needed etc.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:19 PM   #52

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
Thanks, Laura. When you get it all figured out please do let us know what sizes to order, what hardware is needed etc.
Hey, I may start charging for this info!

Oh wait, I owe ya, so I guess this one is gratis.

I do know that when you order the blinds, you tell them which style of mount you're going to do and they include the appropriate hardware for that type (inside, outside, ceiling).
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:27 PM   #53

I too really like the blinds that Escape uses. They work so great for use in an RV. There might be other good ones out there though. I had the mini blinds in our last trailer, and did not like them at all.

I really do have to ask though, why would anyone want to be sleeping when the sun is up?
Old 04-01-2016, 03:28 PM   #54

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Oh okay. All this time I thought you were getting blinds, which I hated in our Casita.

We have the cellular shades (made by Bali) in our bedroom at the house, and I really like them. I've seen some in other RV's that are light filtering along the bottom and room darkening at the top; pull them all the way down to darken the room. Other versions of these shades can be pulled up or down all the way, such that they block the window along the bottom while you can still see out across the top. That's the feature I'd like to have, but when I asked about custom shades, I got a quick "no."

I figure if/when ETI's stock accordion shades wear out, I'll investigate replacing them with something that works more to my liking... And in a more interesting color.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:45 PM   #55

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA Sold
Super helpful! Thank you so much for the guided tour!
runnergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
... And in a more interesting color.
This is one of the biggest drawbacks of the stock shades, in that folks can't choose from a myriad of colours to match their decorating style, like most of the other finishes in the trailers.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:55 PM   #57

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
I figure if/when ETI's stock accordion shades wear out, I'll investigate replacing them with something that works more to my liking... And in a more interesting color.
Might be a long wait. Mine are just fine after eight years.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:41 PM   #58

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I had the cordless blackout shades I put in my previous 17B and really liked them. The stock ETI shades in the 19 I really like and they are pretty good at blocking light. The one thing I have noticed is they seem much sturdier, probably because they are designed for RV use. I do agree that some color choices would enhance the stock choice if colors are available. It would make it tougher on ETI to order, stock and achieve lower costs.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:31 PM   #59
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I'm wondering if one could simply remove the accordion blinds and spray paint them on the window facing side only in order to block more light? Hmmm.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:55 PM   #60

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
They're mini blinds....or micro; Home Depot sells them. The accordion referred to are pleated shades, which we like. To me mini blinds in a small trailer are more prone to bending If aluminum and the weight of vinyl could be a potential issue in performance having had both in our home.
Redoing apartments found you can special order heavier blinds then off the store shelf blinds . The ones they sell off the shelf or thin and bend real easy . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote