Lots of photos of the NEW 2017 21' Trailer - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2016, 10:58 PM   #101

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
More awning stuff - this time around the switch for it and its relationship to the floor. I told Dirk it would be nice to operate from outside since it's not too high, but if you want to bring in the awning due to a sudden rainstorm and you want to stay dry, you'll need to bend over or crouch on the floor. So, for me, it'd be kind of nice if it was higher. Need to ask if that can be done as I detest bending over.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04560.jpg   DSC04561.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:01 PM   #102
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
More awning stuff - this time around the switch for it and its relationship to the floor. I told Dirk it would be nice to operate from outside since it's not too high, but if you want to bring in the awning due to a sudden rainstorm and you want to stay dry, you'll need to bend over or crouch on the floor. So, for me, it'd be kind of nice if it was higher. Need to ask if that can be done as I detest bending over.
Probably a standard location. If you have a Stooge table the switches should be below the table when in the down position.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:03 PM   #103

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Cabinets on the driver's side of the bedroom area:

1. first cabinet, over the drawer stack

2. next two cabinets - all 3 measure 19.75 wide by 6.75 high by 11" deep

3. Cabinet over the bed: 22.75 by 6.75 by a smidge under 10" deep
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04515.jpg   DSC04516.jpg   DSC04517.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 11:04 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Probably a standard location. If you have a Stooge table the switches should be below the table when in the down position.
Oh, most excellent point - I'm too tired to have thought of that. Thanks!
Old 07-25-2016, 11:11 PM   #105

Now we move to the kitchen area, which will take several batches of photos. First two show the cabinets and drawers closed so you can get a reference for when they're opened up.

3rd photo shows the 2 above the counter: both measure 19.25 wide by 6.75 high (least I think that's what my notes say - it's kind of jumbled up) and goes from 12" deep at the bottom to 5.25 deep at the top (curved ceiling/roof).

4. The two cabinets under the stove top: top cabinet is 17.25 by 11.75 by 20.25 deep; lower cabinet is 17.25 by 11.25 high by 7.25 deep (plus there's that "box" area piece of wood - heck if I know what that's for and I didn't measure it)
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04479.jpg   DSC04480.jpg   DSC04518.jpg   DSC04519.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 11:19 PM   #106

First photo shows the lower cabinets under the sink: 17.25 wide by 11.25 high by 7.5 deep

The lower cabinet is quite long as it runs pretty much the entire length of the counter as there aren't any walls between the door areas. I guess you could shove a flexible fishing rod or some such in that area. I don't fish, so I'm just guessing here. But I found that interesting as I didn't realize there weren't any wall dividers in that lower area.

next two show the cabinet directly under the sink: 25.75 wide (with both doors opened) by 11.75 high and 20.25 deep. However, it's 18" to the water pipes, so you do lose some space.

Last one is the drawers and here's a very important measurement: both of 'em measure 9.25 from end to end (outside measurement) and 8.5" inside. So, if you want to put in a cutlery drawer insert, you now know exactly how wide it needs to be if you want to hang it off the lip or put it inside the drawer. They measure 17" deep.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04520.jpg   DSC04521.jpg   DSC04522.jpg   DSC04523.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 11:24 PM   #107

Dinette cabinets:

On both the driver's and passenger side, they're the same, with one exception:

19.25 wide by 6.75 high.

On the passenger side the depth goes from 12" at the bottom to 5" at the top and on the driver's side it goes from 12 to 8" (remember, the passenger side has the awning attached up there). I did not see anything inside the cabinet for the (suspected) awning attachment like I did on the demo 19'.

Cabinet at the back of the trailer: 19.25 by 6.75 and depth ranges from 12 to 8"
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04524.jpg   DSC04527.jpg   DSC04529.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 11:24 PM   #108

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
In post # 71: I see ours!!! The 19 with the yellow graphics!! Thank you Laura!!! Sure makes my day to see "outta sight" even though it's from a distance!!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:28 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
In post # 71: I see ours!!! The 19 with the yellow graphics!! Thank you Laura!!! Sure makes my day to see "outta sight" even though it's from a distance!!
COOL! I do remember seeing those yellow graphics. They sure stood out from the other colors.

There were other trailers around, but I didn't want to take photos as I didn't want to get squished by the cement truck. I was very careful to peer around before walking around a trailer or to the office. I need to go on a diet, but not that way!
Old 07-25-2016, 11:35 PM   #110

1. Cabinet under the frig - note how it flips down instead of up. Much easier to use. Yay! 17 wide by 10.5 high by 10.5 deep (minus that area that sticks out)

2. Area between drawer stack and the bed. I mentioned it was 9" and not big enough for a kitty litter box. CPAHarley suggested something, but I have a big kitty and I know that area would never work for Spike. But, when I climbed around on the bed to take measurements, I shoved my shoes in there and my size 11s fit quite nicely. (As an aside, I'm getting Charlie to add in a shoe storage and drawer slide for the cabinet door we're adding in the bed platform area by the bathroom area.)

3 & 4: area under the bed. I did not measure that opening.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04545.jpg   DSC04548.jpg   DSC04549.jpg   DSC04550.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 11:44 PM   #111

Window Measurements

One of the main reasons for going up today was to measure the windows since we want to get Bali-style cellular blinds. I measured the windows the best I could, considering by that point I was quite overheated and it was getting toasty in that trailer. Sure wish they had power to it so I could have tested out the Maxx fan and/or the a/c. Dang!

I've included photos of 3 windows as a reminder of what they look like. First shows their stock blind pulled down and then up (passenger side dinette area) in the second photo. Third is the rear window.

Following are measurements of the windows in case anyone else needs them. I've not yet figured out how long/wide to order for the blinds as I'm too tired to even think about that right now. Plus, I need some length to go over the HUGE black knob. Least it seems HUGE!

The measurements are of the window including the inside metal frame, I do believe.

Kitchen: 26.5 x 18 high

dinette, passenger side: 31 x 20

dinette, rear: 48 x 19

dinette, driver side: 30 x 19.5 (remember it's a different window than on the other side as it's your emergency escape window)

bedroom: 18 by 46 (yeah, it's a long window)

bathroom (yeah, not putting a blind in there, but I was curious about the size): 18 by 16.75
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04525.jpg   DSC04526.jpg   DSC04528.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 11:58 PM   #112

More random information/measurements:

Elbow room in the bathroom: 28" from side to side

rough length of shower hose: 39" (I remember someone wondering about that)

width from wall to shower door (trying to figure out where to put our shower control since we're not getting the sink; others might be thinking the same): 9"

Oh, forgot to mention the storage opening on the bed platform: 29 by 33.25 (thought I took a photo of it, but I guess not - kind of tricky to hold the mattress up and snap a photo at the same time)

Inside measurement of the door to the outside: 22.5 wide by 64" high (hey, important to know if you want to bring your couch in!)

Someone asked for the outside measurements of the trailer - couldn't do that since I was on my own - you'll have to ask ETI for that.

I think it was the same person (Los Angeles??) that wanted to know measurements of anything that stuck out from the belly band area: Yep, there's some: 1" for the outside plug on the passenger side; 1" for the side reflector light (the red one!); 2.25 for the light on the driver's side (the outside light that luminates that area and isn't a reflector light, if that makes sense); stove vent sticks out 2.25" and also measures 12.75 wide by 6" high

Outside hatch: 22.5 by 8.5

Unfortunately the door to the hatches doesn't attach to the trailer to stay open, so you need to hold one hand on it. bummer. But I'm sure there's a fix for that and someone can tell us all about it. And I'll bookmark the link to get it later on.

Okay, that's it for photos of the demo trailer and measurements. Hopefully I got what everyone had asked for in the other post. Plus the measurements I wanted.

I was so thrilled to see the 2nd Gen trailer! 2 hours later I was still just as thrilled, although much more tired.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:03 AM   #113

Name this trailer brand!

And for the final photos - taken while waiting in the 20 min border crossing at Sumas today around 11AM or so. I saw a few other fiberglass trailers on the trip, but none of them were Escapes (at the factory doesn't count).

And the crossing! Dang! Coming into the States they were inspecting the trunks of many vehicles and using a sniffer dog on some of the vehicles as you left the check point. Crossing into Canada I made the mistake of saying "we're getting one of their trailers" when asked the reason for coming to Canada. And then I mentally smacked myself as I've learned from experience they start peering around looking for that other person, after asking you who "we" are and why that person isn't with you. Stupid me! You also get asked if you're paying for it with cash and if you have it with you.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04573.jpg   DSC04575.jpg   DSC04576.jpg  
Old 07-26-2016, 12:05 AM   #114

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Unfortunately the door to the hatches doesn't attach to the trailer to stay open, so you need to hold one hand on it. bummer. But I'm sure there's a fix for that and someone can tell us all about it. And I'll bookmark the link to get it later on.
That's just a plastic doo-hickey thingamabob that is attached to the trailer wall; it might have been one of the things that Reace mentioned was not on the trailer yet.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:23 AM   #115

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Wow!!! Thanks for the great photos. Makes me start to rethink a 21 vs. a 5.0TA. I saw in one of the photos there is a 21 with a front window, slightly offset due to the bathroom, I think I like it without the window better, especially to sit up and read in bed. If anyone has pictures of the ceiling without the air conditioner, just the vent I would like to see what it looks like. Or, point me to a thread and I will find it.
I really like the bigger bathroom in the 21.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:31 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
That's just a plastic doo-hickey thingamabob that is attached to the trailer wall; it might have been one of the things that Reace mentioned was not on the trailer yet.
Oh, so there is one of those thingies then? Great! I was rather concerned about that.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:36 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
Wow!!! Thanks for the great photos. Makes me start to rethink a 21 vs. a 5.0TA. I saw in one of the photos there is a 21 with a front window, slightly offset due to the bathroom, I think I like it without the window better, especially to sit up and read in bed. If anyone has pictures of the ceiling without the air conditioner, just the vent I would like to see what it looks like. Or, point me to a thread and I will find it.
I really like the bigger bathroom in the 21.
You're welcome! Yeah, I forgot to mention the window on the 21 that a customer had ordered. yeah, it's offset and does look a bit "odd" when seeing it from outside. I know that window has been commented on in other threads.

one thing we're not getting is the shelf above the bed as I sit up more when I read in bed and I couldn't do that while in the demo model. Yeah, I tried.

We went back and forth between the 5.0 and the 21. Both would have worked and both are excellent trailers. You just need to figure out your needs and then decide. We went with the 21 due to the hitch taking up needed space in the pickup bed that I need for other stuff.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:39 AM   #118

Off-set front window

I don't think I included this photo earlier, so here's a close up of that off-set window in a customer's trailer. (If I did, well, you're getting it twice! and it's not due to upload error messages like what happened earlier and a post was repeated.)

It would let in lots more light with that window, though.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04557.jpg  
Old 07-26-2016, 12:46 AM   #119

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
I don't think I included this photo earlier, so here's a close up of that off-set window in a customer's trailer. (If I did, well, you're getting it twice! and it's not due to upload error messages like what happened earlier and a post was repeated.)

It would let in lots more light with that window, though.
You sure spent a lot of your time on this . I am sure new to be Escape owners really appreciate all your efforts . For myself I enjoy just looking at your pictures . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:42 AM   #120

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Quote:
R

There's a pipe that runs through these cabinets and it measures 4" out from the wall and 13" in from the door. Heck if I know what it's for. I'm sure someone else knows and will tell us!

?
I assume that is the vent stack for the black tank. Looks like it runs back to an area near the propane exhaust on the roof.
The spec sheet shows a 22 gal black tank but my understanding was that the tank is bigger in the new 21, so they had to reroute the vent stack. Is that up from a 19 gal. in the other two? The 5.0 TA has a 31 gal.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote