Lots of photos of the NEW 2017 21' Trailer - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2016, 09:31 PM   #81

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Jumping over to the freezer and frig.

Freezer is 16.75 by 13"

Frig is 30 by 19

That's the inside dimensions

OP posted a photo of the combo, so I'm not including it
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04501.jpg   DSC04502.jpg   DSC04503.jpg   DSC04504.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:34 PM   #82

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Is this in any way different from a Classic 21...other than stock black appliances?
I mentioned this to Dirk at dinner after I got home. I didn't see much of a difference, but I'm also not an expert on the trailers. I really wanted measurements of however much I could as I need to get storage bins and all that sort of stuff. We don't have a trailer to shuffle things from and this is all new to use.

The medicine cabinet is new. And the support for the cabinets is slightly different. Plus, the raised area in the dinette area.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:37 PM   #83

The controls for the frig and the tank measurement gauge thingies.

More photos of the inside of the freezer and frig. 3 shelves and 2 produce bins.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04505.jpg   DSC04506.jpg   DSC04507.jpg   DSC04508.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 09:39 PM   #84

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Right- and a new model fridge with a woody look rather than silver panels.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:40 PM   #85

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Is this in any way different from a Classic 21...other than stock black appliances?
It has to be different somehow as the new fridge is wider than the Classic fridge. Also, since the new 21' is wider at the bottom than the Classic, other dimensions could have changed.

I'm very grateful for the pictures - they are answering a lot of questions!
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:49 PM   #86

Dinette area

Here you can see the raised lip, which measures a smidge under 3". Unfortunately I couldn't get the table to slide and I fiddled around underneath with what I thought was a lever or some such. Nope, didn't work and I didn't want to bust it. It was a real bitch to get my fat butt around the edges of the table.

Just for grins, if you can't move your table, this is how much room you'd have to slide through with the standard table: 9.25 from the wall edge to the table edge on the passenger side and 7.75 on the driver's side. Yeah, I'm not skinny any longer.

Okay, for more interesting measurements and more useful ones, I'm sure:

I have another note that says that lip is 2.75" - take your pick.

Area inside the dinette area: 33.25 by 42", which of course will change if you get the u-shaped version. And if you want to know the depth of that area to the end of the lip edging, it's 43.25" (first was just the vinyl area)

height from dinette floor to the lip where the table will sit for when you make it into a bed (someone wanted that measurement): a smidge under 14.75"

Floor to top of cushion is 19". I measured the cushion at 4", so yeah, there's a bit of a difference there. Like I said earlier, these are rough estimates and not 100% accurate.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04497.jpg   DSC04499.jpg   DSC04500.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 09:50 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
I'm very grateful for the pictures - they are answering a lot of questions!
You're welcome! And I have more to go! Glad they're helping you.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:54 PM   #88
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
And some shots of the propane tanks. I did not see any sort of gauge on there to determine how much propane is in there. But, if it's there, I sure couldn't tell:
Laura, take a look at the center of this photo where the two propane hoses meet. That's the pressure regulator. If you look near the top of that, you'll see a tiny clear window. In the photo, it's colored red. That means there's no propane in the service tank, or the tank valve is shut off. If it's green, the service tank contains propane. It's an auto changeover regulator, so when the gauge goes red, it's time to refill the service tank, because you're running on the backup tank. The little black switch right below it should be turned in the direction of the service tank.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:56 PM   #89

Under the dinette cushions, part 1

The platform area measures 24" wide and the opening area is 13.75 (least I think that's what my notes mean!). I didn't measure the length nor did I measure in the storage area. Remember, my butt couldn't fit and it was a real struggle to work around the table area.

First photos are on the driver's side. I now know that's the attached power cord under there. Which we won't have since I've decided to get the detachable power cord. Which will probably go in the front storage box in a bag. Or the outside hatch area, which is where the customer's was that I tested out.

I don't know what the green hose is for.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04530.jpg   DSC04531.jpg   DSC04532.jpg   DSC04533.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 09:57 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Laura, take a look at the center of this photo where the two propane hoses meet. That's the pressure regulator. If you look near the top of that, you'll see a tiny clear window. In the photo, it's colored red. That means there's no propane in the service tank. If it's green, the service tank contains propane. It's an auto changeover regulator, so when the gauge goes red, it's time to refill the service tank, because you're running on the backup tank.
THANKS! Much appreciated.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:01 PM   #91

Under the dinette cushions, part 2

Okay, two more photos of the green hose and the gauge/pump/whatever above it. Yeah, clueless about all this. I'm gonna need a diagram for when we get our trailer. Jeez.

Last two photos are on the passenger side. This is a battery, isn't it?
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04534.jpg   DSC04535.jpg   DSC04536.jpg   DSC04537.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 10:10 PM   #92

Under the dinette cushions, part 3

Passenger side. 2nd photo shows the area between the battery and the back wall of the trailer. Boy, was that fun to get that photo!

last photo shows the opening area all closed up and you can see the vinyl bottom of the cushion.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04538.jpg   DSC04539.jpg   DSC04540.jpg   DSC04541.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 10:12 PM   #93

Under the dinette cushions, part 3

Passenger side. 2nd photo shows the area between the battery and the back wall of the trailer. Boy, was that fun to get that photo!

last photo shows the opening area all closed up and you can see the vinyl bottom of the cushion.

(Okay, might be some delays here as I keep getting a message that my post won't load or some such regarding timing out)
Old 07-25-2016, 10:16 PM   #94

Well, pooey, the photos didn't load on the last post. Must be cuz of that time out message or some such. We'll try again.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04538.jpg   DSC04539.jpg   DSC04540.jpg   DSC04541.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 10:20 PM   #95

Okay, kind of interesting here:

The floor area of the dinette again, but more to show you the legs of the table and then the underneath of the table. Heck if I know where the locking lever is. I couldn't easily find it with my fingers, but I really didn't know what I was feeling around for so I could have found it and not known what it was. We're not getting the table installed in our u-shaped dinette, so I wasn't super concerned about it, but it would have been nice to have moved the table around for when I measured the windows (those measurements later).
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04542.jpg   DSC04543.jpg   DSC04544.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 10:26 PM   #96

Some photos of various lights:

First is a close up of the one over the kitchen counter and then a longer shot of the same light. It measures 4x6, as previously mentioned.

Next two are of the ceiling in the kitchen/walkway area. I didn't measure that light. Nor did I measure the a/c unit, however, I did stand under it and I had a bit of clearance, so for grins I measured it. It's 6 feet plus one quarter of an inch! Dang! And the height from the floor to the light itself is 74". Folks taller than me (5'10") beware!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04546.jpg   DSC04547.jpg   DSC04571.jpg   DSC04572.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 10:31 PM   #97

Okay, let's scamper outside as I'm tired of the inside. More photos of the inside to go, but I want a break. Enjoy the sun and all that.

The awning! On this model it's the Carefree model. On the 19' demo I took photos of earlier, it's the Dometic style. I did not compare the two today as I'm not sure what folks will actually end up with on their 2nd Gen trailers. I asked Krista and she said she wasn't sure which one they were going with. She said they're still testing them out to see which works better. I know someone previously said there were some supply issues with the Dometic. Who the heck knows! You'll find out when you get your trailer, I guess.

Unfortunately, she confirmed you can't pick a certain color, even if you're willing to pay extra for it. oh well, one can only ask.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04552.jpg   DSC04553.jpg   DSC04555.jpg   DSC04556.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 10:42 PM   #98

Rats, thought we'd spend more time in the sun, but alas, that's it. Now for the measurement intense posts. The cabinets! a reminder that I'm giving measurements for shoving a solid object through the door opening.

first up is what's many times used for the microwave. It was really nice to see this without the microwave as we're not getting one. Plus, the door was attached - I didn't know it hinged upwards! I told Reace I thought that was great and he said they did it so the door wouldn't be sticking out so someone could smack into it. Heck if I know who would do that.

So, from hinge to hinge (or whatever those things are called that raise it up): 17.25 wide by 11.25 high be 23 deep.

There's a pipe that runs through these cabinets and it measures 4" out from the wall and 13" in from the door. Heck if I know what it's for. I'm sure someone else knows and will tell us!

Cabinet under the microwave cabinet: 17.75 side (doesn't have hinges on both sides) by 34" high by 23" deep

Over the microwave cabinet: 17.75 by 5.25 by 22 (bit of a curve in the ceiling/wall area there)

Cabinet just above the floor (and under the clothes closet): 18 wide by 11 high by 9 deep, but then I also wrote down 8.75 without a reference, so I'm not sure what's going on there. And it doesn't look that deep in the photo, so maybe I'm goofing things up a bit. Take it with a grain of salt, okay?
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04509.jpg   DSC04511.jpg   DSC04512.jpg   DSC04510a.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 10:50 PM   #99

Electrical outlet

One of my other reasons for going up there was to figure out if I wanted more electrical outlets added in than what's standard. Yep, I probably will, but will sit down with Dirk to discuss that tomorrow or whenever. Not now. Anyway, here's photos of the stock outlets:

1. On the side of the drawer stack. From photos posted by an owner of a 2nd Gen trailer, if you get the extended height stack (which we're doing) and the flip up table added on, these will be above the table. The demo trailer didn't have a flip up counter as that's an add-on with an extra charge.

2. Outlets (including cable outlet, I believe) above the drawer stack. Lots of folks will hang their TV in this area; therefore the cable outlet.

3. Driver's side above the bed, on the upper cabinet. I has asked about one getting added to the other side and was told it would be on the cabinet face and not on the wall.

4. Kitchen outlet.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04562.jpg   DSC04563.jpg   DSC04564.jpg   DSC04565.jpg  
Old 07-25-2016, 10:55 PM   #100

Electrical outlets, part 2

1. In the dinette area. I'm thinking of adding another one in that area as I'm afraid of tripping over any cords dangling over the cushions. Yeah, I trip over stuff quite easily. Or will yank it out or whatever.

Anyway, I can add another one on the other side of the lower dinette area or on the upper cabinet facings. I haven't decided which will work better. Do I want to bend over to plug in or reach up? and if you're getting the u-shaped dinette, this outlet will be moved forward.

2. Okay, not an outlet, but the other side of the dinette area in case anyone needs to see that better than my previous photo.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04569.jpg   DSC04570.jpg