Lots of photos of the NEW 2017 21' Trailer - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2016, 06:09 AM   #121

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
A couple of items noticed, the new refrigerator has the metal shelves, a lot nicer than the Dometic plastic shelves with squares. With these metal shelves one can use those plastic shelf dividers that slip in between the shelf rungs. They could not be used on the other style. The table has a black screw knob which can be seen underneath that when unscrews releases the table to slide. Appears the water pump is now attached to the side wall, much better for sound and vibration purposes. The black pipe would appear to be the gray tank vent, based upon it's location. The black tank is under the bed against the front wall into the bath area.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:34 AM   #122

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
A couple of items noticed, the new refrigerator has the metal shelves, a lot nicer than the Dometic plastic shelves with squares. With these metal shelves one can use those plastic shelf dividers that slip in between the shelf rungs. They could not be used on the other style. The table has a black screw knob which can be seen underneath that when unscrews releases the table to slide. Appears the water pump is now attached to the side wall, much better for sound and vibration purposes. The black pipe would appear to be the gray tank vent, based upon it's location. The black tank is under the bed against the front wall into the bath area.
Is that the blue thing under the driver side bench? Can't quite see the model number.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:09 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
Is that the blue thing under the driver side bench? Can't quite see the model number.
Correct...
Old 07-26-2016, 08:20 AM   #124

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
first up is what's many times used for the microwave. It was really nice to see this without the microwave as we're not getting one. .....

So, from hinge to hinge (or whatever those things are called that raise it up): 17.25 wide by 11.25 high be 23 deep.
The opening you measured for the microwave has me worried as that is not large enough for a microwave. The microwave that is supplied by Escape (RCA RMW712-BLACK) is 19 wide x 11 high x 13.25 deep so it would not fit. I had asked Sarah Morelli on 7/19 to give me dimensions for the microwave opening and she said that it was 21” wide x 11 ½” high x 19” deep.

Below is a picture of a microwave installed in a new 21' under construction (pstyer trailer) and it fits. So is Escape increasing the microwave cabinet dimensions if you order a microwave and reducing them if not? Would you take a look at your measurements again for me?
Attached Thumbnails
DSC03350.jpg  
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:39 AM   #125

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
1. Cabinet under the frig - note how it flips down instead of up. Much easier to use. Yay! 17 wide by 10.5 high by 10.5 deep (minus that area that sticks out)

2. Area between drawer stack and the bed. I mentioned it was 9" and not big enough for a kitty litter box. CPAHarley suggested something, but I have a big kitty and I know that area would never work for Spike. But, when I climbed around on the bed to take measurements, I shoved my shoes in there and my size 11s fit quite nicely. (As an aside, I'm getting Charlie to add in a shoe storage and drawer slide for the cabinet door we're adding in the bed platform area by the bathroom area.)

3 & 4: area under the bed. I did not measure that opening.
I would want my water heater protected with a divider . Also if that is the black tank against the wall ,also would want that protected with a divider . Stuff put under bed as your going down the road may very well be all over the place . I would worry about those items being damaged in transit . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:57 AM   #126

The extra boards I made for the dinette I stored under the bed as some protection from sliding things. Most items under the bed were in baskets so little damage if any was there. The bad thing for the the flip down is one step mistake and it is broken, where as the door type opening may be less prone.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:20 AM   #127

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
Quote:
The controls for the frig and the tank measurement gauge thingies.

More photos of the inside of the freezer and frig. 3 shelves and 2 produce bins.
What is the tall thin section on the left side of freezer door for?
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:31 AM   #128

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
The extra boards I made for the dinette I stored under the bed as some protection from sliding things. Most items under the bed were in baskets so little damage if any was there. The bad thing for the the flip down is one step mistake and it is broken, where as the door type opening may be less prone.
Sorry Jim still believe there should be protection for those items , whether or not you use braskets ,first item of business I did . Forgot do not like the flip down door , besides it being damaged from stepping on . Items going in and out can also damage door . Really don't care for no shelving in cabinets on floor either , mine looks more finished with shelving . Just my opinions . Like the look of new refrigerator . Yes ,metal shelving in refrigerator much better . Vent hood does not have air restricting charcoal in it , and it a little rounded ,getting rid of sharp corners . Don't know if a problem but water tank has at bottom the shut off valve , could it be hit and broke off ? The converter access is going to be hard for some seniors to get too , under table where it is placed . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:59 AM   #129

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
Frozen OJ
Attached Thumbnails
Dometic DM2663 inside.jpg  
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:09 AM   #130

Trailer: pondering.....
very nice pics..thanks for the photos...
The new raised floor dinette is nice, however it does present an issue in that the cold and hot water plumbing for the sink go under the trailer and thus another piercing of the floor, unlike a 19.
The pics pretty much confirmed previous impression..the additional space of the 21 vs 19 is nice, but the front layout of a 21 ain't for this camper...that whole black tank-shower- black tank plumbing is a mess both inside and underneath the trailer in this camper's opinion compared to the same stuff on a 19. And yes all this mess was required on the 21 based on the desire to have a different bed orientation for some in a 21.
If they made a 21 with the same plumbing and bathroom location as a 19 and the front bed sideways, would probably be very interested in a 21.....after all some people pay Escape to switch the locations on a 19 dinette/bed to do just that. Not sure if there are any other complications with such a layout on a 21 that might prevent it, but just a layout preference. It seems from a mfg standpoint it would be easier as the location of all the tanks and plumbing would be similar and all more located nearer to the axles, which one might assume you want the weight of this stuff.
Perhaps someday Escape will offer such a 21 trailer.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:16 AM   #131
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
It's been mentioned before Jeff. A 21 footer with the same layout as the 19 but with the dinette and bed reversed. To me that'd be an ideal layout -- not that we don't love our 19.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:22 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
very nice pics..thanks for the photos...
The new raised floor dinette is nice, however it does present an issue in that the cold and hot water plumbing for the sink go under the trailer and thus another piercing of the floor, unlike a 19.
The pics pretty much confirmed previous impression..the additional space of the 21 vs 19 is nice, but the front layout of a 21 ain't for this camper...that whole black tank-shower- black tank plumbing is a mess both inside and underneath the trailer in this camper's opinion compared to the same stuff on a 19. And yes all this mess was required on the 21 based on the desire to have a different bed orientation for some in a 21.
If they made a 21 with the same plumbing and bathroom location as a 19 and the front bed sideways, would probably be very interested in a 21.....after all some people pay Escape to switch the locations on a 19 dinette/bed to do just that. Not sure if there are any other complications with such a layout on a 21 that might prevent it, but just a layout preference. It seems from a mfg standpoint it would be easier as the location of all the tanks and plumbing would be similar and all more located nearer to the axles, which one might assume you want the weight of this stuff.
Perhaps someday Escape will offer such a 21 trailer.
They do have one identical to 19 with the bed in front, the 5.0 TA.....
Old 07-26-2016, 10:25 AM   #133

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
With every year and model, the improvements just keep coming and I guess you would have to trade every year to keep current. Anyway, a standing round of applause to Laura for all of her hard work and time. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:30 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
With every year and model, the improvements just keep coming and I guess you would have to trade every year to keep current. Anyway, a standing round of applause to Laura for all of her hard work and time. Loren
I guess I'm on schedule then, 2012/2014/2017......
Old 07-26-2016, 10:33 AM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
It's been mentioned before Jeff. A 21 footer with the same layout as the 19 but with the dinette and bed reversed. To me that'd be an ideal layout -- not that we don't love our 19.
yes...I know of several people who had the exact same opinion with regard to the 21, they either bought the 19 or another mfg.
Keep thinking though that now with the raised dinette in the 21 it presents Escape with an opportunity to do this optional layout. Doubt this camper's opinion means much to Escape but perhaps with increased production an alternate 21 layout could now be feasible.
And yes as it is now, it's either a 19 for 2017 delivery or another trailer mfg .
Old 07-26-2016, 10:34 AM   #136

Quote:
They do have one identical to 19 with the bed in front, the 5.0 TA.....
can't give up the full size truck bed with the cap,kayak, and solar!
Old 07-26-2016, 12:10 PM   #137

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
can't give up the full size truck bed with the cap,kayak, and solar!
I dunno. When I was coming back home I saw, going the other direction, a full size truck (dually maybe) pulling one of those big ass 5th wheels with 2 canoes/kayaks on the roof of their truck, plus something else.

Some months back I read a discussion from this forum from when ETI was coming out with the new 21' trailer. There were 2 different floor plans presented and for reasons I don't know/remember, they went with the current design. The layout they didn't use might have been similar to what you were commenting on in other posts to this thread. I think the bed was across the back.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:12 PM   #138

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
I'm so glad folks like you look at these photos and comment on the differences/changes, as I sure don't know all of 'em.

Yeah, when looking at the photos of under the table, I figured out that knob was for loosening it up, but I guess I didn't fiddle with it enough when I was inside the trailer. I didn't want the dang thing to fall off and then I'd be banned from looking at any more of their trailers.

What kind of shelf dividers are you talking about, Jim? Thanks
Old 07-26-2016, 12:22 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Below is a picture of a microwave installed in a new 21' under construction (pstyer trailer) and it fits. So is Escape increasing the microwave cabinet dimensions if you order a microwave and reducing them if not? Would you take a look at your measurements again for me?
Remember, I didn't include the hinge thingies in my measurements, which are on both sides of the cabinet, so they cut into the space quite a bit. And those would not be on the cabinet if you're getting a microwave since they don't put a door on it. Now we know why - their microwave wouldn't fit otherwise.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:26 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
I see someone's already answered with OJ. However, when I looked at it I was thinking you could shove your beer or soda cans in there and quickly cool them off. Not that I drink either of those, but I do drink OJ.