Lots of photos of the NEW 2017 21' Trailer - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2016, 12:30 PM   #141

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Forgot do not like the flip down door , besides it being damaged from stepping on . Items going in and out can also damage door . Really don't care for no shelving in cabinets on floor either , mine looks more finished with shelving.
I don't really plan on using that storage area along the bottom, so the flip down door doesn't bother me. and if I did, I'd flip the door up after using it, so I'm not worried about walking across it. Nor do I have a big Newfie or some such that could smash it with one step.

We're getting ETI to install shelves in the cabinets. I know others have done it themselves or installed stacked baskets, but we decided to pay them to do it for us. We're also getting shelves in the higher stacked unit that's going on top of the drawers over the furnace. I'm really looking forward to seeing what those look like.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:14 PM   #142

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
And for the final photos - taken while waiting in the 20 min border crossing at Sumas today around 11AM or so. I saw a few other fiberglass trailers on the trip, but none of them were Escapes (at the factory doesn't count).
It's hard to read the decal to the right on the rear if you don't already have a good idea of what it is likely to be, but it says Outback. That's the model name of the trailer from Team Trillium Trailer Manufacturing near Calgary, Alberta. It is a copy of the classic Trillium design (and apparently made from an old Trillium 1300 mould), so in size, shape, and general design it is like an Escape 13'. A dealer here carried them several years ago.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:20 PM   #143
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
And for the final photos - taken while waiting in the 20 min border crossing at Sumas today around 11AM or so. I saw a few other fiberglass trailers on the trip, but none of them were Escapes (at the factory doesn't count).
It's a Trillum Outback and they're still building them: Trillium Trailers
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 02:03 PM   #144

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Trillium Trailer

Hey, thanks for the info on that Trillium Outback trailer I saw at the border crossing. It was tricky getting photos with all the other traffic, plus I was several lanes over and behind them, so I'm glad someone knew what it was. I didn't think it was an Escape, but I wasn't 100% sure since I'm not familiar with their earlier trailers.

Now to get my trailer and start going to some of these all fiberglass rallies and I'll start to learn more! (and I'll be taking lots of photos!) Looks like I won't have ours in time for the Fall Oregon NOG, but there's always next year. Yeah, not staying in a yurt. I want my trailer and all of it's comforts!
Old 07-26-2016, 02:04 PM   #145

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
I don't really plan on using that storage area along the bottom, so the flip down door doesn't bother me. and if I did, I'd flip the door up after using it, so I'm not worried about walking across it. Nor do I have a big Newfie or some such that could smash it with one step.

We're getting ETI to install shelves in the cabinets. I know others have done it themselves or installed stacked baskets, but we decided to pay them to do it for us. We're also getting shelves in the higher stacked unit that's going on top of the drawers over the furnace. I'm really looking forward to seeing what those look like.
Laura with the door like that you don't need to even step on it . When you are putting things in and out it will get knocked . When you load your trailer you want your heavy items on the floor cabinets . The finished shelving I am speaking about was on the bottom floor instead of now it is the floor . It just looks a little nicer and finished . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:19 PM   #146

Quote:

Laura you will really like the shelves in the cabinets . When you get your purple line mover very interested on your experience with the purple line . Please share on the forum . Pat
Old 07-26-2016, 04:36 PM   #147

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
It's been mentioned before Jeff. A 21 footer with the same layout as the 19 but with the dinette and bed reversed. To me that'd be an ideal layout -- not that we don't love our 19.
Personal preferences are always interesting, and to each their own (as evidenced daily on this forum). But we're getting the 21 specifically because we want the dinette in the rear for a better view out the back when backed into a campsite. And when we sleep, we sleep with our eyes closed and like it dark, so having the bed tucked into the front corner with little to no view is perfectly fine with us, too. We can't imagine sleeping with windows on three sides of the bed and then viewing the trailer tongue and back end of our tow vehicle while we celebrate each new day with a fresh cup of coffee and breakfast. But that's just us. Again, to each their own.... Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:40 PM   #148

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
And you left out the most important part - not having to crawl over your partner to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night!
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:18 PM   #149

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
And you left out the most important part - not having to crawl over your partner to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night!
Hi: tdf-texas... Sometimes I wake up grouchy... sometimes I let her sleep in!!! Crawl over can be fun... at times. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:35 PM   #150

Quote:
When you get your purple line mover very interested on your experience with the purple line . Please share on the forum . Pat
Will do, Pat. In fact I'll be taking a bazillion photos of the project and will post them here. Maybe even take a video of it moving the trailer! how fun will that be?
Old 07-26-2016, 05:40 PM   #151

Quote:
Will do, Pat. In fact I'll be taking a bazillion photos of the project and will post them here. Maybe even take a video of it moving the trailer! how fun will that be?
Very cool ! Looking forward ! Pat
Old 07-26-2016, 05:47 PM   #152

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Frozen OJ
Thanks. Great picture.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:43 PM   #153
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Personal preferences are always interesting, and to each their own (as evidenced daily on this forum). But we're getting the 21 specifically because we want the dinette in the rear for a better view out the back when backed into a campsite. And when we sleep, we sleep with our eyes closed and like it dark, so having the bed tucked into the front corner with little to no view is perfectly fine with us, too. We can't imagine sleeping with windows on three sides of the bed and then viewing the trailer tongue and back end of our tow vehicle while we celebrate each new day with a fresh cup of coffee and breakfast. But that's just us. Again, to each their own.... Dale
What I meant was a 21 footer with the 19 floor plan but with the dinette and bed REVERSED. So, the dinette would be in the back and the bed in front. It would mean the bed is tucked away to the right and not directly in front of you when you enter. Again, for us that layout would be very appealing, although we are very happy with our 19.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:46 PM   #154

Quote:
What I meant was a 21 footer with the 19 floor plan but with the dinette and bed REVERSED. So, the dinette would be in the back and the bed in front. Again, for us that layout would be very appealing, although we are very happy with our 19.
Would of liked also if I knew I could .But we love the one we are with ! Pat
Old 07-26-2016, 08:49 PM   #155

Quote:
What I meant was a 21 footer with the 19 floor plan but with the dinette and bed REVERSED. So, the dinette would be in the back and the bed in front. Again, for us that layout would be very appealing, although we are very happy with our 19.
That would, indeed, be a cool floor plan (FP) option for the 19 (a 19' FP1 and a 19' FP2).
Old 07-26-2016, 09:48 PM   #156

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
"we love the one we are with ! Pat
"

Love it Pat! CS&N

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:06 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post

Love it Pat! CS&N
You got it ! Pat and Linda
Old 07-27-2016, 01:55 AM   #158

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
Quote:

Yeah, not staying in a yurt. I want my trailer and all of it's comforts!
We stayed in a yurt up in Whistler last week, and yes...it doesn't have the comforts of one's trailer!
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:08 AM   #159

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
19' Reversed Floor Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
That would, indeed, be a cool floor plan (FP) option for the 19 (a 19' FP1 and a 19' FP2).
Our 19' due next March will have the large U-shaped lounge area in the back and the smaller bed up front which we are ok with (used to have a Scamp 13 and slept fine in that bed). Looking forward to it! Emailed Sarah today regarding the size of the bench seats, and she said all three benches are 24" deep with 4" deep cushions along the back.
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:47 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzam29 View Post
Our 19' due next March will have the large U-shaped lounge area in the back and the smaller bed up front which we are ok with (used to have a Scamp 13 and slept fine in that bed). Looking forward to it! Emailed Sarah today regarding the size of the bench seats, and she said all three benches are 24" deep with 4" deep cushions along the back.
Cool! Unless it's already there and I've missed it, ETI should list that as an optional floor plan for the 19' on their website.