Lots of photos of the NEW 2017 21' Trailer - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2016, 09:36 AM   #161

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Cool! Unless it's already there and I've missed it, ETI should list that as an optional floor plan for the 19' on their website.
SSSSSHHHHhHH ! It's a secret.......

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:11 AM   #162

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
There's more things that ETI will do on your trailer than what they list on their website and/or the build sheet. You pretty much need to comb through this forum and make notes on things that you see added to build sheets that some will post to this forum. That's what I did when I first joined and I had a huge list of things that sounded interesting, both "secret" and standard options.

Bookmarking those threads really helped for later on when we started to decide what we wanted on the The Trailer. As did the spreadsheet where I listed those options/items.

One item that I remember is the extended cabinet above the drawer stack in the 21. I saw mention of it in the 5.0TA that someone got and really liked the idea. Yep, ETI will do it for an additional cost, which we felt was worth it. Someone that just got their 2nd Gen 21 got that extended cabinet, so it was really nice to see photos of that option and know what ours will look like. But, it's not listed on their site or the build sheet. Photos were posted on the It's Friday thread, which is another great way to see those "secret options" getting installed.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:33 AM   #163

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
There's more things that ETI will do on your trailer than what they list on their website and/or the build sheet. You pretty much need to comb through this forum and make notes on things that you see added to build sheets that some will post to this forum. That's what I did when I first joined and I had a huge list of things that sounded interesting, both "secret" and standard options.

Bookmarking those threads really helped for later on when we started to decide what we wanted on the The Trailer. As did the spreadsheet where I listed those options/items.

One item that I remember is the extended cabinet above the drawer stack in the 21. I saw mention of it in the 5.0TA that someone got and really liked the idea. Yep, ETI will do it for an additional cost, which we felt was worth it. Someone that just got their 2nd Gen 21 got that extended cabinet, so it was really nice to see photos of that option and know what ours will look like. But, it's not listed on their site or the build sheet. Photos were posted on the It's Friday thread, which is another great way to see those "secret options" getting installed.
Laura, how much extra do they charge for the extended cabinet?
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:25 PM   #164

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, pulled by 2018 F150 EcoBoost
Our 2017 "Early" Escape 21 was just finished on July 18th. It has the extended cabinet and drawer stack. Our build sheet lists "Full Height Cabinet @ Drawer Stack w/ counter extension" for $300.00. Considering the counter extension is $85.00, this means the remainder would be $215.00

We are waiting on customs to release our trailer into the USA. When we receive it, I will post a picture of the drawer stack.

Peter Styer
Frewsburg, NY
pstyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:28 PM   #165

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstyer View Post
Our 2017 "Early" Escape 21 was just finished on July 18th. It has the extended cabinet and drawer stack. Our build sheet lists "Full Height Cabinet @ Drawer Stack w/ counter extension" for $300.00. Considering the counter extension is $85.00, this means the remainder would be $215.00

We are waiting on customs to release our trailer into the USA. When we receive it, I will post a picture of the drawer stack.

Peter Styer
Frewsburg, NY
Thanks, Peter.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:06 PM   #166

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Cool! Unless it's already there and I've missed it, ETI should list that as an optional floor plan for the 19' on their website.
They do in part: they list the "Convert Bench Seat to U Shaped Dinette", but this trailer (a 19' with a U-dinette in back and permanent bed in front) would have both the U-shaped dinette option and a front-to-back reversal (exchange of dinette and bed positions)... the reversal is not listed and is treated as a factory customization.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:59 PM   #167

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstyer View Post
Dang, they're charging us $350 so you must have ordered before they put in some price increases. We firmed up our build sheet in January of this year.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:34 PM   #168

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The cost of options have changed on several options based upon the exchange rate over the past 8 months.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:27 PM   #169

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
...... For those wanting runner rugs: 77" from the edge of the bed to the raised edge of the dinette and 35.75" for the width from one side of the kitchen floor area.
awesome - thanks

so a 3' x 6' runner rug would mostly cover that area...... (1/4" total extra on the sides)

maybe I'll look to find a 3 x 6 rug, then put a more substantial dirt catcher just inside the door, and another one for outside.... should work pretty well.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:39 AM   #170

Trailer: 2011 Evergreen Everlite 32MKS
Does anyone know why the water tank is outside of the fiberglass shell?

Hi. I'm new to this forum & considering a 21' Escape after looking at Olivers & Casitas. I really like what I have seen & read about the Escape. But until I saw NW Cat Owner's pics of the underside I thought everything was enclosed inside the fiberglass shell. I don't understand exposing the water tank to the outdoor temps & elements as well as road debris that is sure to be kicked up as it's traveling. This worries me now. I know there is an option for "foam insulation under the trailer" but I was thinking that meant foam insulation would be sprayed under the trailer flooring & tanks & that it was all still INside the fiberglass shell. If the foam insulation is truly sprayed outside the fiberglass shell, wouldn't that too become damaged from road debris & the elements, especially rainwater that's kicked up from the tires?? I am imagining the foam acting like a sponge & deteriorating quickly. And if I don't get the foam insulation I'm imagining a rock getting kicked up on the tank & puncturing it, & the water freezing if I choose to travel in the winter. I hope someone can help explain this all to me & convince me that it is better this way. Thank you in advance for your input!

Valerie
Ribecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:44 AM   #171

Oliver Trailers has 2 shells and the tanks are between the 2 shells. In effect you have an inside and outside shell like having 2 trailers, one being a little smaller than the other. This is why Olivers are very heavy and very expensive, you are buying 2 trailers. Escape encapsulates the entire underside with the foam, other than the wheel wells. This spray foam is very durable and does not wash off. The wheel wells keep most of the debris there.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:16 AM   #172

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Oliver Trailers has 2 shells and the tanks are between the 2 shells. In effect you have an inside and outside shell like having 2 trailers, one being a little smaller than the other. This is why Olivers are very heavy and very expensive, you are buying 2 trailers. Escape encapsulates the entire underside with the foam, other than the wheel wells. This spray foam is very durable and does not wash off. The wheel wells keep most of the debris there.
The black paint that ETI uses on the spray foam does tend to wear off over time. On our 2013, it is probably time for me to paint the underside again.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:21 AM   #173

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Ribecky, Just to add on to what Jim and Dave have said, the foam is painted with a thick glossy paint. It is fairly durable and waterproof. If it does wear off over time, it is all exposed and can be re-painted, do it yourself style.

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:42 AM   #174

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribecky View Post
Hi. I'm new to this forum & considering a 21' Escape after looking at Olivers & Casitas. I really like what I have seen & read about the Escape. But until I saw NW Cat Owner's pics of the underside I thought everything was enclosed inside the fiberglass shell. I don't understand exposing the water tank to the outdoor temps & elements as well as road debris that is sure to be kicked up as it's traveling. This worries me now. I know there is an option for "foam insulation under the trailer" but I was thinking that meant foam insulation would be sprayed under the trailer flooring & tanks & that it was all still INside the fiberglass shell. If the foam insulation is truly sprayed outside the fiberglass shell, wouldn't that too become damaged from road debris & the elements, especially rainwater that's kicked up from the tires?? I am imagining the foam acting like a sponge & deteriorating quickly. And if I don't get the foam insulation I'm imagining a rock getting kicked up on the tank & puncturing it, & the water freezing if I choose to travel in the winter. I hope someone can help explain this all to me & convince me that it is better this way. Thank you in advance for your input!

Valerie
thinking that the only tank location difference between Casita and Escape is Fresh water tank is inside in a Casita (and consumes a significant amount of potential storage space). The underside foam solution on the Escape is better than nothing if you think you need something, while some choose not to get it because of cost, maintenance issues, and season of camping. There are other trailers with a more engineered solution for enclosing the tanks inside the frame which provides protection and some with ducted heat, etc. Think most will agree the Escape and the Casita are 3 season trailers (unless you spend the 4th season in southern climates) and the new Escape offers a better inside insulation option and thermal windows.
As far as road debris cracking the tanks, perhaps trailer owners can share their experiences.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:44 PM   #175

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribecky View Post
I'm new to this forum & considering a 21' Escape after looking at Olivers & Casitas. I really like what I have seen & read about the Escape. But until I saw NW Cat Owner's pics of the underside I thought everything was enclosed inside the fiberglass shell...
The Oliver design with a "basement" is unique among moulded fiberglass travel trailers; the rest - including Casita - have the grey waste tank (if they have one at all) under the floor. Some RVs (most commonly moulded fiberglass trailers and motorhomes) have fresh water tanks in the interior, on top of the floor but under the bed for a seat; that uses up a lot of valuable storage space. Even other types of trailer with the underfloor tanks not visible usually don't have them inside the body - there is typically no more than a somewhat rigid plastic sheet below the tanks.

The Nest is also an exception (because it is moulded and has no tanks below the shell), but it didn't go into production before being sold to Airstream, and we have yet to see what Airstream will actually build. As it the prototype was built, it was marginally functional and entirely lacking a grey waste tank.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #176

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Didn't Bigfoot offer enclosed/heated tanks on their four season package?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:27 PM   #177

Trailer: ex Casita/ 2016 Escape 21 '16 TRD 4x4
Looking at the pictures of the new 21 shows that a lot of the changes have been incorporated
in the existing classics. We picked ours up in July, and the only major interior differences are the larger fridge and the pull out faucet. Exterior the awning and the door. Happy with my "Classic".
Jerry
jerryandmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:40 PM   #178

There is the medicine cabinet in the bath, the optional frameless windows, but the refer change was critical to my decision to upgrade as well as the awning windows.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:17 AM   #179

Trailer: 21' Escape 2017
Hello, Are the measurements and pictures of the cabinets posted somewhere? Thanks
laurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:50 AM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurah View Post
Hello, Are the measurements and pictures of the cabinets posted somewhere? Thanks
You'll need to go back to the beginning of this thread. When I started loading photos I did include measurements for the various areas, such as cabinets, medicine cabinet, etc. I could not tell you what was on which page.