Most useful trailering accessory you've bought? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-05-2016, 11:35 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
PGDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Southern Alberta, Alberta
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 1,438
Definitely the WeberQ1000 that I adapted to work off the low pressure quick connect and the blender.

Cheers

Doug
__________________

__________________
Doug & Eileen
2015 Escape 5.0TA
2015 GMC Sierra Crew 4X4 6.2 8 speed
PGDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 11:43 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
PGDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Southern Alberta, Alberta
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 1,438
Most useful trailering accessory you've bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: cpaharley2008... Not a chance
Here's a pic I took of lunch out in Lakeland Fla. one day. The plate is called "Train wreck". Grilled pork slices under a mess of cheese grits, beans and sauce. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

Hey Alf that looks pretty good, needs jalapeños.

Cheers

Doug
__________________

__________________
Doug & Eileen
2015 Escape 5.0TA
2015 GMC Sierra Crew 4X4 6.2 8 speed
PGDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:19 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Oddly enough ... I really enjoy having a dense foam kneeling mat made for gardening. It's about 8" x 18" and I use it when unhooking the chains, opening/closing the drain valves, and rummaging around under the bed using the outside hatch. Keeps my aging knees very happy.
Very useful item to carry . Also use . Mine is a 3 in piece of quality foam X about 2 ft. Keep in outside side storage . Pat
Patandlinda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:22 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 4,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
357 Magnum!

Just kidding.

If heavy traffic, I will try to change lanes. If I can't do that, I gradually slow down so that the aggressive driver (AH) will pass me. On several occasions, the rear view camera has allowed me to see stuff I couldn't see in the side mirrors.
It works too ! Pat
Patandlinda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 02:26 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Greg A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Posts: 2,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Oddly enough ... I really enjoy having a dense foam kneeling mat made for gardening. It's about 8" x 18" and I use it when unhooking the chains, opening/closing the drain valves, and rummaging around under the bed using the outside hatch. Keeps my aging knees very happy.
That is one great suggestion that just hit me right on the knees. Recently, it's been getting more difficult on the knees to lower the stabs, etc. especially on rocky terrain. These are everywhere and inexpensive, I'm getting one, and can go right in my setup tub. Thanks, Mr Z.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 02:32 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Greg A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Posts: 2,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
Definitely the WeberQ1000 that I adapted to work off the low pressure quick connect and the blender.

Cheers

Doug
Agree on this one. Ordering the Quick Connect option and the aftermarket Torjik Y Adapter Propane Quick Connect Y Adapter - RV Fitting - propanegear

Now I have my Weber Q, Camp Chef Ranger II stove, and propane fire pit all over to the Quick Connect. No more carrying extra propane tank and easy plug n play for up to two items at once.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 03:13 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: cpaharley2008... Not a chance
Here's a pic I took of lunch out in Lakeland Fla. one day. The plate is called "Train wreck". Grilled pork slices under a mess of cheese grits, beans and sauce. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Hi: All... Wrong locale!!! Miz. Kathi's Cotillion Cafe and Sweetery Miz Kathi's Southern Cotillion Cafe & Sweetery is in Wildwood Florida not Lakeland. Should never trust my memory. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'10 Frontier CC. S.E. 4X4 Lng. Bed V6 '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas Ont.( Not the Virgin Islands)
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 03:53 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
Is there any downside to the Tongue Twister?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I wonder if it can be used with the removable jack system which allows your tailgate to open Jack-E-Up
I can't think of any reason for it to matter what type the jack is, as long as the foot of the jack fits into the socket on the Tongue Twister. You just put the jack down onto it, and turn the screw of the Tongue Twister to shift side-to-side.
Brian B-P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 03:53 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
davescape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Surrey, British Columbia
Trailer: 2016 - Escape 19 (2nd Gen), 2015 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi
Posts: 294
We were looking for a garbage solution that had a lid, didn't need to be stowed away, wouldn't tip over, didn't occupy walkable floor space. Briefly considered just opening the door and tossing it in the neighbouring campsite but then we'd have to look at it. We purchased a "Simple Human" hanging can from Canadian Tire. The over-the-door bracket was removed from the main bracket for some other purpose (Myron'd). The remaining portion of the bracket was fastened to the end of the counter under the folding counter. Fire Extinguisher was removed to the little corner between the washroom and the furnace. The can doesn't impede traffic in and out of the door and is accessible if the door is open and the screen door extended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Simple Human.jpg (5.3 KB, 316 views)
davescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 04:15 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Zardoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Marana, Arizona
Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Posts: 1,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by davescape View Post
We were looking for a garbage solution that had a lid, didn't need to be stowed away, wouldn't tip over, didn't occupy walkable floor space. Briefly considered just opening the door and tossing it in the neighbouring campsite but then we'd have to look at it. We purchased a "Simple Human" hanging can from Canadian Tire. The over-the-door bracket was removed from the main bracket for some other purpose (Myron'd). The remaining portion of the bracket was fastened to the end of the counter under the folding counter. Fire Extinguisher was removed to the little corner between the washroom and the furnace. The can doesn't impede traffic in and out of the door and is accessible if the door is open and the screen door extended.
If you search "Trash Can" (a thread I started a while back), you'll see another option for a covered trash can. It securely holds trash bags with handles.
__________________

__________________
Rich & Mary
"Everything in moderation, including moderation."
- Oscar Wilde
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.