No Reason to Buy Used? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2019, 09:43 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Objection, your honour.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:03 AM   #22

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I'm so glad you found a "new" traveling home, and I know you will have fun making it yours. If you want to post pics, I'd love to see what you're up to.

Enjoy! (I know you will!)
Old 07-01-2019, 10:12 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Personally, the best time is pick up and first use and finally when all your mod's are finished. I do not like to see the warranty end as that means I'm 2 years older.... and time to start routine maintenance schedule.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:23 AM   #24

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Personally, the best time is pick up and first use and finally when all your mod's are finished. I do not like to see the warranty end as that means I'm 2 years older.... and time to start routine maintenance schedule.
I thought the mods are never finished, the list just grows and grows...
davidmurphy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:59 AM   #25

Trailer: Purchased Escape 5.0 TA Feb 13 2020
5.0 Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
Terry and I had been seriously looking for a used Escape for two years, but they all sold for prices we didn't want to pay and had options we didn't need and lacked options we wanted. We have been married for 22 years and have owned thirteen campers previously. ALL of them used. Most less than a year of ownership. However, we owned our 2000 Scamp Side Bath for six years and our 2007 Casita SD for five. We had a couple of other stickies that made it over two years but both started falling apart. We only owned our Bigfoot for a year, but foolishly purchased a mint 2014 Lance 1995 at a fire sale price to replace it. One trip (five weeks) was all it took with the Lance to realize if we want quality go back to fiberglass (and Lance is considered one of the better ones?).

After looking June (midway through our one Lance trip)/July, and viewing previously sold Escapes, for the first time we decided to purchase a NEW camper. Our build sheet is a full two pages long. We researched and got everything we wanted. That included six lines of items/build that are NOT on the options web page.

Since our October 26th pickup we've camped 19 weeks in our 5.0 and love it even more than we expected! We purchased new so we could have the camper we want, not the camper someone else wanted.

Don't be in a rush to purchase a new camper. Due diligence will give you a camper you'll love!

Enjoy,

Perry
I am in the process of selecting the options I think I want in my new 5.0 - but curious about the options you ordered that were not included on the Escape Options list they offer. If you would, could you send me a private reply? I have another month to choose all my options before they build my coach. Thank you!!
GeorgeDoesIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:55 AM   #26

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Besides buying used to get a 15...

Buying a 2011 allows me to use my Escape as long as I want to before (if) trading up. I do think at times about getting a 17b with all the things I'd ideally like, custom choices, etc, and if I ever do, or by the time I do, I'll know just what those things are. And what size I really want if I do trade up. And what I wouldn't get.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:21 AM   #27

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We bought a used 2018 Escape 21 ( 5 months old ) It had several options that we would not have ordered if bought new and was missing several options we did want and would have purchased new . Buying used saved us a trip to Chilliwack , a trip we didn’t have the time or desire to make . We have encountered numerous issues with the trailer , non of which were traceable to the previous owner and were not detectable until months later
Escape did extend the remainder of the original two year warranty to us but
Dometic did not because we were not the original owners. . Going back to Chilliwack or trying to find an RV repair shop in our area to handle warranty work is not a viable solution so we have made the repairs / corrections on our own
There are advantages and disadvantages to buying new or used and in my estimation buying new does not guarantee a trailer without issues
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:00 PM   #28

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA current
I agree with Steve. I have bought both new and used Escape trailers. We had bought a new 2004 Escape 17B trailer and sold that a number of years ago. We just bought a used 2018 5.0 TA. It had some options that I wouldn't have purchased and did not have some options that I would have selected. The trailer has some standard equipment that I would have replaced i.e. battery monitor and solar controller.

I'm not that concerned about the two year warranty since I will do most of my own fixes. I did that with my first 2004 trailer that I bought new from Escape. It always a long trip to Chilliwack to get warranty work done.

The good thing about buying used this time was that I didn't have to go to Chilliwack or anywhere to pick it. Saved a lot of gas, time and money.

This is likely the last trailer I will buy.

Cheers
Fred
Old 07-15-2019, 07:01 PM   #29

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
We had looked for an Escape 21 for a few years and had decided to order one next year, but a 2015 in awesome shape popped up a few hours from us and we were lucky enough to purchase it, There was only one item missing from our list of options and several upgrades we maybe wouldn’t have thought to order that we have found useful, Our camper still smells new! We are loving it. Truly, you just can’t go wrong with Escape. They make a quality product. New or used, whatever works best for you is the answer...just get out and enjoy!
Treblemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:26 AM   #30

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
What We Have Done So Far

Just a brief update of 'making it ours'. (I will post photos soon, but would like to know how to merge or reference several threads I have started in specific areas of the forum, rather than multiple posts or confusing everyone. Any help Mods?)

So far we have replaced the flooring with a rather unique new floor. We have replaced the torn screen, painted the interior where the woodgrain paper had been torn and replaced the awning fabric.

I think next I will be constructing a box for the front and replacing some of the cabinet door latches which are weak. I also need to find out if anything can be done about the back window glass. It apparently is no longer sealed and has water vapor between the panes that condenses on occasion.

For us I think it is clear that purchasing used was a good idea. We were able to save some money, enjoy the process of renovation and are truly ending up with the trailer we want. We were fortunate that our purchase was basically solid, with mostly cosmetic needs.
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:37 AM   #31

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Just start your own thread under Modifications, Mike.
Modifications and Alterations - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Old 07-27-2019, 10:42 AM   #32

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by marant View Post
Just a brief update of 'making it ours'. (I will post photos soon, but would like to know how to merge or reference several threads I have started in specific areas of the forum, rather than multiple posts or confusing everyone. Any help Mods?)

So far we have replaced the flooring with a rather unique new floor. We have replaced the torn screen, painted the interior where the woodgrain paper had been torn and replaced the awning fabric.
We just signed up for the Matagorda Madness rally in December and I see that you are going also....will look forward to seeing this in person!
Old 07-27-2019, 10:54 AM   #33

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by marant View Post
I also need to find out if anything can be done about the back window glass. It apparently is no longer sealed and has water vapor between the panes that condenses on occasion.
I recommend RVFogDr in Searcy, AR. They reseal the window. Good work. You can buy new but it’s a hassle trying to get the right one from Hehr (now under a new name.)
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 12:15 PM   #34

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
Quote:
Just start your own thread under Modifications, Mike.
Modifications and Alterations - Escape Trailer Owners Community
I have several threads in various places as I started different projects and sought information. If I start a new thread in modifications how can I tie the old threads to the new one that shows the results and photos? Do I just go to each old thread and list the new one? Can I post a direct link?
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 11:02 AM   #35

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...tml#post297770

Right click, in the browser address, on the post or thread you want to reference and click copy. In the reply you are posting then right click again and click paste. That will place you link in the reply.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:36 PM   #36

Trailer: 2021- 5.0
Steven M,
How does one change the text wording in the link post?
- example- No Reason to Buy Used?
Old 07-28-2019, 02:05 PM   #37

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by splicer View Post
Steven M,

Dave,
While I have seen it done on the forum, I must admit to my ignorance of how it is done. Maybe someone else who has done it in the past can teach us both how.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:23 PM   #38
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by splicer View Post
Steven M,
Copy the URL (so it's on your 'clipboard.' Type the text as you wish it to display in your reply, select THAT text. Click the 'Earth link' (insert link) a new small window opens. Paste the URL. Click 'Ok.' You can continue typing in your reply window or 'Submit Reply.' Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture.JPG  
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 02:24 PM   #39

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Finding a used one nearby in Florida made all the difference to me. A brand new one would be great but it would have required either a lot of travel or a hefty delivery charge, I couldn’t hardly be any further away from the mother ship.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:42 PM   #40

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Don't you just buy a new one when that happens?
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote