No Reason to Buy Used? - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2019, 08:49 PM   #81

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
This is my point. I was in the dealership recently and a customer was very upset that his lifted truck with big wheels and the supercharger was worth about the same as what his buddy just got for his stock original truck. Just because you throw money at it doesn't mean you'll get it all back.
Man I have heard that even from so called professionals . Depends what improvements are made . Some can be worthless ,agreed . Once I was told I would be lucky to get 5500 for our older 1979 motorhome we bought used , 12 years old ,and had for 12 years . Bought for 7200 and 12 years later sold for 8900 because of our improvements and condition even though not fiberglass and about 24 years old . Sold our 1992 camper for 5700 , again 12 years later which we bought used for 4500 and was sold 2013 , not fiberglass .
Putting money in your RV has never been throwing it away for us . One man’s trailer sometimes can’t be compared to another’s . Really don’t think comparing rv’s and motor vehicles can be done . The improvements to a RV can’t really be done to motor vehicles .
Glad you got what you want in your trailer but there are a lot of used rv’s out there and I get if one seller expects more for what he has to sell because of his extra options which cost him . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:34 PM   #82

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Man I have heard that even from so called professionals . Depends what improvements are made . Some can be worthless ,agreed . Once I was told I would be lucky to get 5500 for our older 1979 motorhome we bought used , 12 years old ,and had for 12 years . Bought for 7200 and 12 years later sold for 8900 because of our improvements and condition even though not fiberglass and about 24 years old . Sold our 1992 camper for 5700 , again 12 years later which we bought used for 4500 and was sold 2013 , not fiberglass .
Putting money in your RV has never been throwing it away for us . One man’s trailer sometimes can’t be compared to another’s . Really don’t think comparing rv’s and motor vehicles can be done . The improvements to a RV can’t really be done to motor vehicles .
Glad you got what you want in your trailer but there are a lot of used rv’s out there and I get if one seller expects more for what he has to sell because of his extra options which cost him . Pat
Sorry, I didn’t mean to stir the pot, after watching the forums for 4 years, I never expected I would have to go new.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:04 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
Sorry, I didn’t mean to stir the pot, after watching the forums for 4 years, I never expected I would have to go new.
No problem Doug Pat
Old 09-27-2019, 09:23 AM   #84

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
last escape

Greg, this is the third trailer that I have said that about, as I get feeling better all the time and my back cooperates I hope Nancy doesn't hear about a 23'. Of course we would have to park it somewhere else or make a new driveway.
AZjack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:33 AM   #85

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hi Jack
Let us know when you want a deposit on the 17. We’re out there.
Iowa Dave and and his fiancé err financier Rita
21 is great in this thunderstorm, clean, warm and dry.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:39 AM   #86

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I'll have to go with you on this, Pat. I've made a few improvements to my trailer that I feel makes it worth more than a new one from the factory.

If I bought a new Escape, I would more than likely have to start all over doing the same improvements to it as Escape still does some things, in my opinion, wrong. Electrical, plumbing, solar, interior framing, etc - they would all need looked at.

Two years of redesigning / improving and I'm almost there. Granted, the second time around for a new Escape would be easier as I know now where to look but it would still be daunting to start over.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:24 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
I'll have to go with you on this, Pat. I've made a few improvements to my trailer that I feel makes it worth more than a new one from the factory.

If I bought a new Escape, I would more than likely have to start all over doing the same improvements to it as Escape still does some things, in my opinion, wrong. Electrical, plumbing, solar, interior framing, etc - they would all need looked at.

Two years of redesigning / improving and I'm almost there. Granted, the second time around for a new Escape would be easier as I know now where to look but it would still be daunting to start over.
Tom you said eloquently what I wanted to say ! Pat
Old 09-27-2019, 07:37 PM   #88

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post

I have too much time, effort and $ invested in customizing our 19 to ever want to do it again. My fingers are crossed hoping ETI never comes out with anything new that’s so absolutely awesome as to cause me to question my resolve that our current 19 is the end-all, be-all for us. Easy for us to disregard the pending 23’, as we appreciate the mobility of a smaller unit. But there are those rumors that they have a second new unit in the works [emoji849]
Old 09-27-2019, 08:36 PM   #89

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
I have too much time, effort and $ invested in customizing our 19 to ever want to do it again. My fingers are crossed hoping ETI never comes out with anything new that’s so absolutely awesome as to cause me to question my resolve that our current 19 is the end-all, be-all for us. Easy for us to disregard the pending 23’, as we appreciate the mobility of a smaller unit. But there are those rumors that they have a second new unit in the works [emoji849]
That would be the bane of a number of us - a new model that we couldn't resist.

Is it possible the second time might turn out better?